3rd-5th character slot

42 replies to this topic
LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

The same people who have second characters now would likely do more if they were new and different...and you would still be able to play the original ones...switch any time. Did you notice you can be a member of 5 diferent crews by the way? 5 characters.

I have no issue playing multiple people. I have a 240 and a 100 and would be glad to start a completely new one if everything wan new and different.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

I have a feeling they're going to put the other character slots behind a pay wall like many other games do...

if you mean like pay to unlock them?  if thats the case not many people will do that 

I get the feeling your fighting this simply because of the exchange in the other thread. Thats fine. But I assure you if they open up a new slot with all completely new mission lines, no access to the criminal missions, and instead gave you different places to live, access to own and insure all police vehicles and clothing and the only way to play it was to start over...there would be hundreds of thousands of takers...instantly.

Oh and the other character slots are already there for all to see...you really think they are going to give you three completely leveled characters? No.

again who would want to pay to level more characters from scratch again ? and then what happens to your first two chracters? no new missions nothing?  months of work for nothing?  makes no sense .

"Work"?  It's a game.  If you've been playing this game but thinking it's "work", then you have been wasting your time.

not everyone has the time to  grind characters over and over again .  and not everyone is going to want to pay for that again either

Again, if you look on playing the game as a "grind", then it's not a game you should be playing.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

The same people who have second characters now would likely do more if they were new and different...and you would still be able to play the original ones...switch any time. Did you notice you can be a member of 5 diferent crews by the way? 5 characters.

I have no issue playing multiple people. I have a 240 and a 100 and would be glad to start a completely new one if everything wan new and different.

so? all 5 members would be part of all 5 crews you joined with the first character.  and i was saying not many people would pay to do that . heck i dont even want to do it for free

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

I have a feeling they're going to put the other character slots behind a pay wall like many other games do...

if you mean like pay to unlock them?  if thats the case not many people will do that 

I get the feeling your fighting this simply because of the exchange in the other thread. Thats fine. But I assure you if they open up a new slot with all completely new mission lines, no access to the criminal missions, and instead gave you different places to live, access to own and insure all police vehicles and clothing and the only way to play it was to start over...there would be hundreds of thousands of takers...instantly.

Oh and the other character slots are already there for all to see...you really think they are going to give you three completely leveled characters? No.

again who would want to pay to level more characters from scratch again ? and then what happens to your first two chracters? no new missions nothing?  months of work for nothing?  makes no sense .

"Work"?  It's a game.  If you've been playing this game but thinking it's "work", then you have been wasting your time.

not everyone has the time to  grind characters over and over again .  and not everyone is going to want to pay for that again either

I agree with you about not everyone having time to level characters. I honestly think most of the weapons should be unlocked at way lower levels. Except for the big guns like the RPG and Minigun.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Again, if you look on playing the game as a "grind", then it's not a game you should be playing.

the game is about  grinding  . you have to grind to level up , grind to make money . 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Your not everyone. Just because you think something does not make it universal.

There are thousands of people out there buying cash cards too...just because I never would does not mean rockstar wouldnt or shouldnt offer them.

They will offer a 20 or 30 dollar DLC with a new slot a hundred new dirty cop focused missions some new police weapons, uniforms and access to all of the police station garages and able to store all the police vehicles people are wanting so bad they are glitching them into garages. Garuntee they would sell a million of those in a week.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I agree with you about not everyone having time to level characters. I honestly think most of the weapons should be unlocked at way lower levels. Except for the big guns like the RPG and Minigun.

and you shouldnt have to win so many races to unlock mods for your car 

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

I totally agree, I wish the all the car mods would be available from level 1 except for the armor. You'd still have to pay for the mods of course.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Your not everyone. Just because you think something does not make it universal.

There are thousands of people out there buying cash cards too...just because I never would does not mean rockstar wouldnt or shouldnt offer them.

They will offer a 20 or 30 dollar DLC with a new slot a hundred new dirty cop focused missions some new police weapons, uniforms and access to all of the police station garages and able to store all the police vehicles people are wanting so bad they are glitching them into garages. Garuntee they would sell a million of those in a week.

i didnt say noone would . i just said not many people would . having to pay to unlock things is going to be a big turn off . 

I totally agree, I wish the all the car mods would be available from level 1 except for the armor. You'd still have to pay for the mods of course.

the mods should be unlocked by levels not races won .  

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Well, maybe... But you shouldn't have to wait until like level 50 to unlock good looking wheels and spoilers. That's the thing I hate about it.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

Well, maybe... But you shouldn't have to wait until like level 50 to unlock good looking wheels and spoilers. That's the thing I hate about it.

by level 50-60 everything should be unlocked . 

LayzieLoc
  • LayzieLoc

OG

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

To make character slot being stable to save, rockstar locked the other character slot to prevent further proplems about the characters. Currently R* has receive little to no reports about loss of progress, R* will add the 3rd character slot in near future updates.

they have always been locked since day one, where did you read that about save bullsh*t? are you just making sh*t up

maybe you are making sh*t up and not contributing at all wanna be og tiny pixel gangster

To make character slot being stable to save, rockstar locked the other character slot to prevent further proplems about the characters. Currently R* has receive little to no reports about loss of progress, R* will add the 3rd character slot in near future updates.

they have always been locked since day one, where did you read that about save bullsh*t? are you just making sh*t up

Before gta online was launched, rockstar predicts there will be problems with it, and since 3-5 slot are not needed in a hurry, rockstar don't have any intentions to open any further slots. Answering your last question, there was a problem with character 1(and or 2) then why bother open further slots? More problems build up when more characters were created right? It's logic.

lazieloc doesnt like being owned by such response he realizes he got owned but he is to arrogant to admit

f*ck outa here internet tranny only wanna be gangster her is you MR DON f*cking fa**ot

None of the above comments offer a bit of fact. No one knows. We have been told absolutely nothing about the remaining slots.

That being said, we do know that they plan for several years of updates and furure DLC. It is likely that when a new DLC comes that is large enough to ask us to pay for it. It will also include a new slot to play it through.

My opinion is that all the police cars and uniforms etc are being kept from the criminals garages because one of these DLCs will be to let you play as a cop. A whole new set of missions would have to come with that. Good reason to let the players keep themselves entertained making their own content no?

Thats what im trying to say but we have people on here making sh*t up with no proof

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:12 AM Edited by Smartpride, 04 February 2014 - 08:16 AM.

maybe you are making sh*t up and not contributing at all wanna be og tiny pixel gangster

Before gta online was launched, rockstar predicts there will be problems with it, and since 3-5 slot are not needed in a hurry, rockstar don't have any intentions to open any further slots. Answering your last question, there was a problem with character 1(and or 2) then why bother open further slots? More problems build up when more characters were created right? It's logic.
lazieloc doesnt like being owned by such response he realizes he got owned but he is to arrogant to admit
f*ck outa here internet tranny only wanna be gangster her is you MR DON f*cking fa**ot

None of the above comments offer a bit of fact. No one knows. We have been told absolutely nothing about the remaining slots.
That being said, we do know that they plan for several years of updates and furure DLC. It is likely that when a new DLC comes that is large enough to ask us to pay for it. It will also include a new slot to play it through.
My opinion is that all the police cars and uniforms etc are being kept from the criminals garages because one of these DLCs will be to let you play as a cop. A whole new set of missions would have to come with that. Good reason to let the players keep themselves entertained making their own content no?

Thats what im trying to say but we have people on here making sh*t up with no proof
Gtaforums is all around opinions and everyone can talk everything related to gta 5. I remember a page on rockstar support and some platinum staff answered, since I can't find which post out of 22000 posts. If everything said in Gtaforums is 100% true with proof it will be a better place...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users