• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Has anyone heard anything about those abd why they arent open

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:32 AM Edited by Smartpride, 01 February 2014 - 09:36 AM.

To make character slot being stable to save, rockstar locked the other character slot to prevent further proplems about the characters. Currently R* has receive little to no reports about loss of progress, R* will add the 3rd character slot in near future updates.

Jak1259
  • Jak1259

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Ok thx

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

I though they were for Franklin, Mike and Trevor?

and maybe they changed the way to go from SP to Online.

Did you here that from R*?? 

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

i dont think i want to go through leveling up anymore characters . 2 times is enough 

LayzieLoc
  • LayzieLoc

OG

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

To make character slot being stable to save, rockstar locked the other character slot to prevent further proplems about the characters. Currently R* has receive little to no reports about loss of progress, R* will add the 3rd character slot in near future updates.

they have always been locked since day one, where did you read that about save bullsh*t? are you just making sh*t up

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

they have always been locked since day one, where did you read that about save bullsh*t? are you just making sh*t up

Before gta online was launched, rockstar predicts there will be problems with it, and since 3-5 slot are not needed in a hurry, rockstar don't have any intentions to open any further slots. Answering your last question, there was a problem with character 1(and or 2) then why bother open further slots? More problems build up when more characters were created right? It's logic.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by Malibu454, 02 February 2014 - 02:16 AM.

Or it could just be 3 slots for the other 3 characters in the game already ...

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

i dont care if they ever open the other three slots to be honest

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

^^ don't you sleep..;)
  • sSphInXx likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Or it could just be 3 slots for the other 3 characters in the game already ...

No; it makes no sense for Trevor to come across Trevor, let alone see a bunch of Franklins, Michaels and Trevors running around the city.

It's a funny thought in my head though.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

I meant it would've taken you to SP like the character wheel.
But the wheel makes it much faster and easier.

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

My guess:
They want us to pay for the 3 slots

LayzieLoc
  • LayzieLoc

OG

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:01 AM Edited by LayzieLoc, 03 February 2014 - 04:02 AM.

Before gta online was launched, rockstar predicts there will be problems with it, and since 3-5 slot are not needed in a hurry, rockstar don't have any intentions to open any further slots. Answering your last question, there was a problem with character 1(and or 2) then why bother open further slots? More problems build up when more characters were created right? It's logic.

Link me to one article where Rockstar have officially said that what your stating is the reason why the (unnecessary) character 3 - 5 slots are unavailable

And since they have fixed the problem to character slots 1 and 2 why would they keep 3 - 5 locked, if they fixed the characters creation sh*t your talking about how would it cause problems?

your full of sh*t just admit it and vanish from the forums

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:05 AM Edited by s1ckmad3, 03 February 2014 - 07:06 AM.

maybe you are making sh*t up and not contributing at all wanna be og tiny pixel gangster

lazieloc doesnt like being owned by such response he realizes he got owned but he is to arrogant to admit

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

Link me to one article where Rockstar have officially said that what your stating is the reason why the (unnecessary) character 3 - 5 slots are unavailable
And since they have fixed the problem to character slots 1 and 2 why would they keep 3 - 5 locked, if they fixed the characters creation sh*t your talking about how would it cause problems?

your full of sh*t just admit it and vanish from the forums

So do you need 5 slots? You know how hard is to level 1 character to 100? Do I have to bookmark everything I read? Do you have to read every mail and remember all those "small details"?

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

I like pepperoni pizza.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

I like pepperoni pizza.

i like meatlovers pizza

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

None of the above comments offer a bit of fact. No one knows. We have been told absolutely nothing about the remaining slots.

That being said, we do know that they plan for several years of updates and furure DLC. It is likely that when a new DLC comes that is large enough to ask us to pay for it. It will also include a new slot to play it through.

My opinion is that all the police cars and uniforms etc are being kept from the criminals garages because one of these DLCs will be to let you play as a cop. A whole new set of missions would have to come with that. Good reason to let the players keep themselves entertained making their own content no?
  • The real coast guard likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

None of the above comments offer a bit of fact. No one knows. We have been told absolutely nothing about the remaining slots.

That being said, we do know that they plan for several years of updates and furure DLC. It is likely that when a new DLC comes that is large enough to ask us to pay for it. It will also include a new slot to play it through.

My opinion is that all the police cars and uniforms etc are being kept from the criminals garages because one of these DLCs will be to let you play as a cop. A whole new set of missions would have to come with that. Good reason to let the players keep themselves entertained making their own content no?

only thing i can think of in regards to the other slots is you can use multiple characters at the same time for heists and missions in the future.  other than that i dont see why you couldnt use your first two chracters in the other dlcs  . 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Well in my example it would be a completely new line of missions and jobs on the map...like a different faction...they would maybe allow you to have 2 cops 2 crims...there are an awful lot of design decisions that they have made that favor something like this.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Well in my example it would be a completely new line of missions and jobs on the map...like a different faction...they would maybe allow you to have 2 cops 2 crims...there are an awful lot of design decisions that they have made that favor something like this.

eh why not just have  your main character change into cop uniform to do that line of missions?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Because that would not make us grind all new characters from level 0 and play for months longer. Your looking at it from player view...not business view. More playtime = more chance someone buys a cashcard.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

Because that would not make us grind all new characters from level 0 and play for months longer. Your looking at it from player view...not business view. More playtime = more chance someone buys a cashcard.

its not good for business to make people grind over and over especially when they made it harder to grind. who in their right mind would grind 1 to 3 times more after they did it twice?!  heck i am not even finished with my first character yet  and just started my second .

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

I get the feeling your fighting this simply because of the exchange in the other thread. Thats fine. But I assure you if they open up a new slot with all completely new mission lines, no access to the criminal missions, and instead gave you different places to live, access to own and insure all police vehicles and clothing and the only way to play it was to start over...there would be hundreds of thousands of takers...instantly.

Oh and the other character slots are already there for all to see...you really think they are going to give you three completely leveled characters? No.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

My guess:

3rd: Cop

4th: The Lost

5th: Vagos (or maybe the Professionals)

Maybe there'll be an extended version of Mafya Work from IV, except all three factions are trying to stop the others.

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

I have a feeling they're going to put the other character slots behind a pay wall like many other games do...

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

I get the feeling your fighting this simply because of the exchange in the other thread. Thats fine. But I assure you if they open up a new slot with all completely new mission lines, no access to the criminal missions, and instead gave you different places to live, access to own and insure all police vehicles and clothing and the only way to play it was to start over...there would be hundreds of thousands of takers...instantly.

Oh and the other character slots are already there for all to see...you really think they are going to give you three completely leveled characters? No.

again who would want to pay to level more characters from scratch again ? and then what happens to your first two chracters? no new missions nothing?  months of work for nothing?  makes no sense .

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

again who would want to pay to level more characters from scratch again ? and then what happens to your first two chracters? no new missions nothing?  months of work for nothing?  makes no sense .

"Work"?  It's a game.  If you've been playing this game but thinking it's "work", then you have been wasting your time.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

I have a feeling they're going to put the other character slots behind a pay wall like many other games do...

if you mean like pay to unlock them?  if thats the case not many people will do that 

"Work"?  It's a game.  If you've been playing this game but thinking it's "work", then you have been wasting your time.

not everyone has the time to  grind characters over and over again .  and not everyone is going to want to pay for that again either

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users