Photo

What are your nightmares like?

58 replies to this topic
MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by MMC_BITW, 01 February 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Nightmares and dreams. Honestly I don't see that much of a difference between both of them other than the obvious difference circumstances occurring in both, but for me it's mixed. As crazy as it sounds, I've yet to encounter a full nightmare or a full dream. I always get mixed results.

BMW1992
  • BMW1992

GTAForums member since Jan 2005

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Heights. It's almost always heights, along with some incredibly shaky platform that's built from rotting wood and shaking in the wind. It will eventually fall and so will I. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus

Me, I kinda like the 'falling' dreams. Especially when you jump while sleeping lol

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Today I had a nightmare that I smoked a whole pack of cigarettes. It was scary because I quit smoking a few months ago.

Lacuna
  • Lacuna

Have you read the manual for this thing?

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

When I was younger I used to have frequent nightmares where I was either in a plane crash, or I'd be on the ground and a plane would crash into me. I used to live right under the flight path to Edinburgh Airport so that might've had something to do with it.

These days it's mostly me running from something, like a ghost, monsters or a wild animal like a lion. I remember one dream where I was being chased by a T-Rex, it managed to stamp on my head and I woke up with the sensation that my head had actually been crushed. 

I wouldn't consider them to be nightmares though, they don't wake me up that often. And ghosts and monsters aren't real right? RIGHT?!  :*(

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by Fireman, 01 February 2014 - 12:43 PM.

My brother and me both also had a short period of night terrors, my brother waking up the most violently (yelling loud enough to wake everyone up, even the neighbours).

I used to sleep-walk during nightmares, which caused a lot of bruises. I had nightmares about being stuck in a confined space and ended up trying to push myself into a closet (no, don't make that joke) when my parents woke me (because I was also talking to myself and they could hear that). My leg hurt like hell after that, which is weird because you don't feel it while you're still dreaming, since you're just trying to "get out".

Sleep-walking can also be funny though. During a vacation at Center Parcs I walked outside naked and took a piss in the garden.

Fun times.

• Loxley likes this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

About a month ago I had one of the worse nightmare of all time.

I was lonley in the forrest, and then I kept on hearing this ROOOAAAHHHH. Then a huge Lion came up and opened his mouth and led into his mouth. Then I wokeup lol.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:14 PM Edited by 018361, 01 February 2014 - 02:40 PM.

I have only had a few "nightmares"

1. When My friend Reuben and some girl that I had a class with long ago were soldiers in a ww2 setting. The city we were in was being bombed and I had to find Reuben and rendezvous with the girl at the bunker entrance which was like the basement entrance in the courage the cowardly dog show. As we were about to enter the bunker a bomb had fallen and exploded right over us and we died. I immediately woke up.

2. The trench dream. This was when I was feeling sick, but had to sleep. I had a high fever and was throwing up constantly throughout the night. I was in a Vietnam-like setting and me and a very large group of soldiers were marching down a road while it was pouring rain and we were knee-deep in a mud path. We would slowly walk until we came across a new challenge then I would wake up, fall back asleep, continue dreaming from last challenge and march until we reach a new one. Then we get through it, I wake up, and repeat with new challenges each time.. It was pure agony because you would have to wait for each soldier to individually complete each challenge and I was soaking wet ( sweat ) and it was humid as hell.

3. My grandfather and I were walking down the road that my house is on. We both see something strange looking on a fence of my neighbors house. My grandfather goes to check it out. He walk up to the fence and I suddenly hear a " beep, beep" and he says in the saddest voice you have ever heard " oh god ". Then I hear a boom, his whole torso is gutted out like a curve in a spoon with the exception of a mass of blood that hovers in his open chest cavity for a few brief moments which falls a few brief seconds before his body does. I run back down the road to my house to call 911 and the dream ends before I reach home. I wake up with rapid heartbeats in a cold sweat. 

4. I am at my mothers house helping her to fix a door-knob. We walk out of the garage with tools and I hear a sound and go to investigate it while she goes to the door. I head toward where I had heard the sound and I saw Bigfoot walking around in my back yard. Without him noticing me I ran back to my mother while scared to help her fix the door. Then as I look up into the sky a thunder storm rolls in at a impossible pace and I for some reason start running toward the cars parked in the driveway and my dream ends. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

I used to dream about being chased around when I was younger. Now it's pretty much random.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

They mostly revolve around me being naked in inappropriate settings, e.g. anywhere that's not my bathroom or my bedroom. Sometimes I am in those 2 locations, but other people are in there at the same time, and not people for whom it would appropriate to be in there whilst I'm naked. It's horrible.

Those are always the most realistic dreams I have. Not the ones where I'm banging some smoking hot girl or doing something super fun, but the ones with crippling embarrassment. Those are always the most real. In fact it usually takes a good few minutes for the embarrassment to subside even after I've woken up, I'll literally be laying in bed cringing at myself even though I did nothing wrong. Maybe that's similar to how some people get angry or jealous when their partners cheat on them in their dreams. The feelings still feel real even when they wake up. 

Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

I have rarely nightmares. The worst ones I had were about the deaths of family members. I cried in sleep/dream and still did when I woke up, because that sh*t was so realistic.

I experience sleep paralysis 2 or 3 times a month, this is kind of like a nightmare. Everytime I hear creepy noises and it feels like there's something evil in my bedroom that's approaching to me while my body is frozen, until I force my neck to make a jerky move to get out if this captivation.

It's kind of like being trapped between a little part dream world and a big part real world, but everytime the monster noises coming out of the dark (I was never afraid of darkness or of monsters under my bed or in my closet). On one day I wanted to know what would happen if I don't fight the sleep paralysis, the monster noises in my bedroom stayed, but nothing happened to me.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

What do you mean "you don't really dream much"? You dream everynight, sometimes you just don't remember it.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

You know what he means. If he doesn't recall anything, it never happened (although it scientifically did).

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:03 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 01 February 2014 - 10:04 PM.

didn't we already have a Dreams thread?

oh well, I like reading about nightmares. they're more fun than ordinary dreams anyway.

I think I've posted my worst nightmare before but I'll spin it again.

sometime when I was around 9 or 10 years old and my parents were going through a divorce I remember having this nasty dream that has stuck with me longer than almost any other I've had since. it was really simple too, but the whole thing was just a really haunting feeling. I'm not sure how I got there, but in the dream I was like standing in the middle of a desert or somewhere outdoors and barren and dry. and I'm sort of walking around looking for something but I don't know what it is.

after awhile I notice that there's this trap-door in the ground.

it looks like a storm cellar on a farm but there's no house anywhere nearby. it's just a door frame on the ground. but the closer I get, the more I can hear what sounds like a party or gathering of people on the other side. so I go to open the doors and find a hole in with a ladder going straight down into pitch black. but with the doors open, the sound of people is more clear and I can make out that it's members of my family including my mom and dad; sounds like everyone is laughing and having a good time (remember, parents are getting divorced in reality).

even though looking down into the hole fills me with a sense of terror, I am compelled to start climbing down towards the sound.

I can hear everyone down there but no matter how far down I climb, I never seem to get any closer to the sound. after awhile I notice that the passageway is starting to get very narrow and warm. the narrower it gets, the slower I can climb, and the further down I go, the air seems to get warmer and warmer until it's almost too hot to breathe.

by now I'm hundreds of feet down a dark hole, I'm trapped, I can't see light at the top, and I can't breathe. but I can still hear everyone laughing and having a good time below me and out of sight. after several moments of intense panic and anxiety I woke up shaking.

Hi-FiGuy
  • Hi-FiGuy

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

When I was younger I had nightmares about my family going somewhere and I got left behind.  Now my nightmares are mainly me the one who is evil.  I dreampt once I killed, fried and ate a random person.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:26 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 02 February 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Usually all manner of creepy, messed up, demented images and stuff, but I almost never experience pain or anything like that.

The worst one though had to be where I got a girlfriend and she just broke up with me without explaining why. I woke up feeling like sh*t :cry:

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Whilst I rarely get nightmares, the ones I do get involve the beyond-brutal murder of an individual; where I am simply a helpless bystander watching amongst a crowd. These murders involve the loss of limbs, disembowelment, and so forth. The awful thing about said nightmares (if it wasn't awful enough already), is that they seem what I would like to phrase as 'hyper-real'; in which it almost seems on a more real level than reality itself. I cannot explain what I mean exactly, but let it be known that these dreams leave me waking up in a sweat, breathing heavily, with an intense feeling of dread for the rest of the day. One vivid nightmare I remember particularly well, was this fight between a man and three individuals. They were in a parking lot outside a baseball stadium (I'm from the UK, so a baseball stadium is slightly bewildering, but hey), and it started off with simple fisticuffs. One thing led to another, and one of the attackers goes back to his car to retrieve a damn miniature scythe. The lone victim is lying on the floor, when the armed attacker starts tearing into his flesh with the scythe. He drops the weapon, and starts using his hands to claw away at the wound, ripping out individual intestines one-by-one. There's a huge crowd, and nobody attempts to save the victim. The man is lying in a huge pool of his own blood, whilst the attacker savagely continues to devastate the soon-to-be-corpse. There is an absolute silence, the only sounds are the angered, constant heavy breathing by the attacker. 

I woke up almost with tears in my eyes. I wish a dream like that on no-one. I hope to God I never have to experience something like that again.

My other 'nightmares' if you will, involve surviving a zombie apocalypse, but on the whole they are too enjoyable to really call a nightmare.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

I honestly have not had a nightmare I can remember for years. I'm sure I have had a few, but nothing I can remember. It's really weird. I always know I'm in a dream, though do not directly control it. But it almost never goes rotten, and when it does, it's not really a nightmare because I know it's a dream... I just sneer at it. The nightmares I can remember that I used to have were my family being attacked. I remember this one nightmare I had when I was a kid where a bunch of green blob monsters came into my house and took my family, then I realized it was a dream, so I stood on a rock and summoned some power rangers sword lol Kicked blob ass.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:49 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 02 February 2014 - 11:49 PM.

I once had a nightmare where I ''got it on'' with a member of my family. The worst thing was that I actually enjoyed it at the time :whuh:

I almost threw up when I woke up and realized what the hell I was doing. I felt so f*cking creeped out by that dream. I mean, incest?! Never would I do sh*t like that in real life :sui:

Mr.Killa
  • Mr.Killa

They got money for war, but can´t feed the poor

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

The last nightmare I can remember happened a week ago. I was in some sexual experiment, where I would jerk off while some hot, naked chick took pictures off me. But then a gang of terrorists enter the stage and blow the chicks head to pieces and kidnaps me. They then trap me in a cage while I see my hometown destroyed by an atom bomb. Then the terrorists bring my teenage crush into the cage and tortures her to death. Then I woke up, luckily not in the middle of the night. That nightmare felt so real.

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

I've been having violent nightmares for the past few (6 maybe?) months. I feel something trying to throw me about and shake me violently. Tries to kill me, in vicious ways. Makes me scared of it. I wake up with my heart racing, never sweaty though. It never occurs if the lights are left on when I go to sleep, though.

It happens often, maybe 4 times average in a week. One instance, this was a few weeks ago, I felt as if I was being violently spun in a vortex and I could feel it tearing my skin. Another one I had was last night, It was a dark shadowy figure walking into a bedroom, not mine, but I was sleeping there and I yelled out a name to make it stop trying to hurt me and it reacted seemingly.

Most of the nightmares happen when I first go to sleep. I try to wake up from the nightmare and do after a while. Then, I turn on the lights and go back to sleep, no more nightmare. The nightmare from last night was the only one that occurred very late in my dream.

What about you? What nightmares you've been having lately?

I am sorry your going through this I as well have nightmares that really and truly scare me not only being scary like a movie but when I wake up I can recall them in vivid detail the other night I had a nightmare so bad I was considering making an appointment with a psychologist I was really and truly scared.
I won't talk about that one I will talk about
this re-occuring dream I have
Where In The Dream a group of classmates (they may be friends I do not know) we are walking out of a side door after a collage class( at least I think it's a collage class because I along with other people are carrying our books that look like exam books. When we are walking out we are taking a lunch break, as everyone in the class including myself are heading iver to a Gazebo in a little grassy area. As i look up there are planes dove bombing everything the next thing I know everyone I know is in a "work camp" I won't use the other word for it. I don't know why I find it so terrifying

I found out the pain meds I am on cause nightmares

Dude i know how you feel i had nightmares that are so scary i can't tell anyone or want to remember them but in my nights]ares i try to remember or try to read a book titlle or poster in the nightmare cause i heard that dreams mean something and you can't read in dreams so that how i remember i am dreaming

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

I once had a nightmare where I ''got it on'' with a member of my family. The worst thing was that I actually enjoyed it at the time :whuh:

I almost threw up when I woke up and realized what the hell I was doing. I felt so f*cking creeped out by that dream. I mean, incest?! Never would I do sh*t like that in real life :sui:

Sh*t that happened to me once... Our brains are some creepy mafakas
  • ShadowDog94 likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Brain taking a dump of your daily subconscious analysis. The purpose is to clean and refresh your brain.

Everybody sees dreams, but some people don´t remember seeing them.

Nightmares are great. Dream paralysis is even greater, though the experience may feel quite anxious.

Dreams are not to be taken too seriously, but You can possibly learn something about yourself from them.

I suggest Jung´s "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" to anyone who is interested. Read before sleeping.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

I don't have nightmares. Fully control myself.  :^:

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I used to have a reoccurring nightmare when I was younger of being in the house alone, and calling out for family members and not getting any reply. It would always ends when I'd hear voices coming from the spare bedroom at the end of the landing corridor, and a faint light would be shining underneath it, there be this sense of dread that I hated about it, as I'd be calling out more and more desperately and all I could hear was unrecognisable voices coming from this one room. 

ivpanzer
  • ivpanzer

assassin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

religious people trying to kill me with his cross

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Last night, I had a dream that Ronald Reagan was the Antichrist and I was born without limbs.

Goddamn what a bad night.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

I have PTSD, so nightmare is an understatement, especially when it is in public and I am wide awake.

at night, I do not dream. It's a rare occasion, and I believe it is because of this: dream catchers.
Dreamcatcher.jpg
I know it's a weird theory, but somehow, it works for me.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:37 AM Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 06 March 2014 - 07:44 AM.

When I was 11, I used to have nightmares about a group of adults chasing me and my friends. I'm a fast runner in real life, but I somehow ended up last in my nightmares. The group of adults caught me and then they held me down to the ground. They tickled me to the point of peeing. That was when I woke up, and that was when I found myself peeing for real.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:09 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 06 March 2014 - 08:11 AM.

I guess that I'm lucky in this regard because I never have nightmares.  I did have one when I was a teenager that reoccurred 4 or 5 times... and I remember it very very well.  But since then, most of my dreams are just strange jumbles of nonsense that has no meaning.  I don't put much meaning into them... 

Just wish I had more lucid wet dreams... those are always nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users