Server Upgrade  GTAForums will be unavailable shortly while we upgrade to a shiny new server. Thanks for your patience!
» «

Bioshock Infinite overrated?

62 replies to this topic
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

I played this at a friends house once for about 40 minutes and got to a little bit after the combat started and just couldn't take how much they force fed the religious and political themes of it. Everyone might as well been saying "RELIGION IS BAD MKAY" "PATRIOTISM IS BAD MMKAY" 

I understand what they're getting at, but It just felt like the game was spewing a bunch of condescending social commentary at me and I didn't feel like sitting through hours of that.

Maybe I'm being unfair, should I give it another go? Or is it going to just be more themes with some gameplay loosely wrapped around it?

Even though I don't particularly care for the game, the story is a lot deeper than that and goes in other directions. I can't go into anything else without getting knee deep in spoilers, but there definitely is more to it than just the shallowness of Columbia.

• OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:42 AM Edited by oysterbarron, 08 February 2014 - 06:45 AM.

I'm not sure exactly how else a game that has the genre of fps can do an aiming mode differently? I'm sure there's a few different methods but bioshock has always been an fps! In terms of being generic in the way it handles it I can't agree. Parts of it maybe but with the inclusion of sky rails at pretty much every point that requires heavy gunplay pretty much every vantage point within the area is exploitable in seconds unlike other games. It's not like cod! If you want to jump into the middle of 3 enemy's at a certain location you can perform an aerial attack on one of the enemy's and shooting the rest. If you want to get to higher ground you can and take some long shots from there.

It's one of the only games I have played that feels like your back is to the wall. You have to make use of these gameplay elements quite a bit because the enemy's will hunt you down using sky rails aswell you use cod tactics and hide behind a crate or sidewall will not help you in this game as I found out to my cost.

They probably could have executed it a bit better but it's varied enough in my opinion to differentiate it from the stereo type of generic fps.
  • Yogogamer likes this

• paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• England

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by paulmgrath, 10 February 2014 - 03:59 AM.

10/10 story and graphics 6-7/10 gameplay/longevity

The story has a few points people might have missed some good explanations online though.

Also too many references to the 'Illuminati' and freemasonry for my liking i mean first half hour your in a masonic temple checked floor, eye,compass etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users