Photo

Bioshock Infinite overrated?

62 replies to this topic
LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else think this game is hella overrated?
I always hear so many ppl say this is one of the best and most fun games of 2013 and even better than
Tomb Raider, TLOU, GTA5, AC4 etc.
But I feel like I am mising sth. The game feels kinda boring to me.
Don't get me wrong, its not a bad game but not great either.
It has some amazing graphics <3 but come on it is definitely not a 10/10 like so many reviewers are praising how good
this game really is.

Agree or disagree?

• Th3MaN1 likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, 31 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

It's all because of the confusing ending.

Once you peice everything together it's like "holy sh*t". 

***Spoiler below***

Removed the spoiler.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

f*ck I scrolled to the bottom too fast. :/

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I like it, but I just couldn't get into it like I did with Bioshock or even Bioshock 2. Don't get me wrong, I still need to finish the game and use the dang season pass I got. But no multiplayer, which actually wasn't bad with Bioshock 2. I even got a free strategy guide somehow from Gamestop. Never opened it though.

For me not even bothering finishing the game or downloading the DLC. How good really is it?

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Yes it's overrated, but deja vu...

http://gtaforums.com...e-was-overrated
  • Rown likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

f*ck I scrolled to the bottom too fast. :/

sh*t! I'm sorry.

I'll remove the comment.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Games which are decent are always overrated cause games nowadays are all crap.

It's like the shiniest turd.

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

At first I thought it was pretty unique and all, just somewhere near the end of the game it felt like it was just losing fuel.

After beating it I was very happy.. but then the 2 DLCs that released ruined it for me, so overall, it does not top many of last year's AAA titles and it definitely will not be a game I'll remember compared to

the old games in the series, most specifically the first one. 

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

No.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

Thought the story was awesome. The writing and pace was off in the first half, and so was the combat. I thought the first half was booooring and generic, but really liked the second half. This and TLoU are really overrated imo, but still very very good games.

• Chukkles likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

I liked it, thought it was decent but nothing impressive. it had great crafted world and good characters, story etc.. but it felt boring for me sometimes. and the combat was f*cking repetitive. and while the story like i said was well written most of the game was spent going from an area to another shooting enemies.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:50 AM Edited by Rown, 01 February 2014 - 04:02 AM.

I felt the iconography was really impressive at the beginning

Spoiler
but the game got bogged down in run-and-gun madness after like 30 minutes. The best parts of the game for me were the parts where I could just enjoy the environment.

Columbia was a beautiful setting and it was very well detailed with various side conversations going on and the different ways you could dig up extra info helped flesh out the world for me. But anytime I'd start getting immersed in that way I'd get dragged back out to slap aside a few dozen constables/failed death metal cover bands.

The ending was a lot of fun though. The first game was still better but Infinite was every bit the worthy successor when I wasn't rambo-ing along.

Rown :rampage:

p.s. I'm hoping we're approaching a point where developers will start to have misgivings about their all action non-stop games and maybe revisit them. Infinite would be a great candidate for that as they could cut out a lot of the random and tiresome gunplay in favor of letting the game stand on its story.

edit:
p.p.s.

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:16 AM

I despise the word "overrated". It feels like a way for someone to discount everyone else's opinion so they can feel better for not "fitting in". Or it's a way for someone to act like they're cooler than everyone else by knocking down something they all like.

Not to say that's what the OP is doing. I agree, I don't like the game as much as everyone else. It was fun, but not my favorite game. The atmosphere and the story were amazing, though.
  • TaviColen123 likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

When I sit down In one sitting and complete a game I know it was really good! BioShock infinite I did in 2 sittings of 4 hours so I know it was good just a shame about the season pass and the shortness of the first part of the newest episode.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

I thought it was over rated, i loved the world and general look of the game. But at the end of the day it just seemed like any other shooter, with guns replaced with magic. The gameplay for me was nothing special, i felt disappointed.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

I never played infinite so i have no opinion. I would say the most overrated game of 2013 was tlou

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

I thought it was over rated, i loved the world and general look of the game. But at the end of the day it just seemed like any other shooter, with guns replaced with magic. The gameplay for me was nothing special, i felt disappointed.

Meh. None of the Bioshock games did anything spectacular gameplay wise.

It was always how good the story was. Bioshock 2 gamesplay, however, was really solid/better out of the 3 IMO.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

It was always how good the story was. Bioshock 2 gamesplay, however, was really solid/better out of the 3 IMO.

BioShock 2 was the least stratigical of the three. You literally couldn't die unless you were playing on super hard or something. i can't find the will to beat the game, not because it is scary or anything (it isn't, I've played and watched way too many horror games/movies) but it is lame, I don't feel any danger at all. Infinite was fun though, didn't die much either but felt just the right sense of danger. Terrible replay value though. 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

One thing I wanna say. Anyone remember the 2008 Prince of Persia game? The really stylized one? It was f*cking butt raped by critics and consumers because every time you died, your companion, a girl with super powers, saved your life. Yet this mechanic is in Bioshock Infinite and no one even mentioned it.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

One thing I wanna say. Anyone remember the 2008 Prince of Persia game? The really stylized one? It was f*cking butt raped by critics and consumers because every time you died, your companion, a girl with super powers, saved your life. Yet this mechanic is in Bioshock Infinite and no one even mentioned it.

it has always been in BioShock, the vita chambers. There is just an explanation this time. I mean it would be weird if you just suddenly spawned around the corner with nothing in sight lol. 

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

BioShock 2 was the least stratigical of the three. You literally couldn't die unless you were playing on super hard or something. i can't find the will to beat the game, not because it is scary or anything (it isn't, I've played and watched way too many horror games/movies) but it is lame, I don't feel any danger at all. Infinite was fun though, didn't die much either but felt just the right sense of danger. Terrible replay value though. 

Well, you were a Big Daddy after all......

And the game did have strategy. Putting traps and what-not to protect the Little Sisters and preparing to face the Big Sister.

Infinite is a pretty hard. Slowly getting through 1999 mode at the moment.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Well, you were a Big Daddy after all......

And the game did have strategy. Putting traps and what-not to protect the Little Sisters and preparing to face the Big Sister.

Infinite is a pretty hard. Slowly getting through 1999 mode at the moment.

Good luck beating Elizabeth's mom. That sh*t was impossible in hard mode, had to tune it back.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

Yeah I heard that part was hard!

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

Good luck beating Elizabeth's mom. That sh*t was impossible in hard mode, had to tune it back.

Yeah most of the game was a cakewalk even on hard mode up until that exact point. Talk about difficulty spike. The gameplay was the worst element of this game. Very monotonous and unfulfilling.
  • DeafMetal likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:32 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 05 February 2014 - 01:38 AM.

It's not overrated at all. In fact it's one of the VERY few games I can truly say I enjoyed last year. And I despise the word ''overrated''.

''What's that? People like something I don't like? OVERRATED!!!!''

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

lady comstock was easy >_> literally just keep shooting her with a machine gun then she would teleport, i would fire shock jockey and shoot her again, and then she was done. 

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

Completely agreed.

Bioshock Infinite is just meh to me. The gameplay is average, the storyline is confusing for the sake of being confusing and pretentious, Columbia is very shallow compared to Rapture.

Definitely preferred the first game.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

It is overrated and has no replay value whatsoever. Still, I suggest playing it. I am a cock gobbler and I like to gobble cock.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:07 AM Edited by Yogogamer, 06 February 2014 - 09:48 AM.

Are you f*cking kidding me? People just don't appreciate good games anymore, All you hear is that "Wahh Overrated" bullsh*t everytime, I bet your one of those kids who masturbates to getting a killstreak on "Call of Duty"

• TaviColen123 likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Are you f*cking kidding me? People just don't appreciate good games anymore, All you hear is that "Wahh Overrated" bullsh*t everytime, I bet your one of those kids who masturbates to getting a killstreak on "Call of Duty"

Tell me, what was so good about Bioshock Infinite?..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users