[PS3] Motorcycle Races

153 replies to this topic
Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Cheers. Funny because when I made it I was sure there was more than one chopper but couldn't find the other in the menu....
Not many people have custom ones tho? Maybe not fair to open it so they can be used... Might go down well with MC crews tho....

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

Race length, agreed. Main thought was meeting the magic 4min mark in terms of payout but having played thru it a few times myself, that's secondary and I have started dropping laps here and there in the lobby screens. A couple of them I like at 4 laps as they come in around a minute and for me at least, are more about getting into the flow of the course.

I got a chance to play your playlists again, with a friend this time. I was wrong about the race lengths. It seems long when you're testing by yourself, but when actually competing it's just right. Gives you plenty of opportunity to take the lead repeatedly. I might add a lap to more of my own races now.

Strangely, on the Rise playlist he shut me out 5-0, and then right away on the Fall playlist I shut him out 5-0. I guess we're evenly matched? :-P

• Cuz05 likes this

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:25 AM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 20 March 2014 - 03:28 PM.

PS3-----PICTURE PERFECT DRIVE------PS3

Here's a new one I just made.

It is a lap race for up to 8. 1.47 miles.

It is called "Picture Perfect Drive". Some of it is on the street by that name. It also has some off road but is mostly pavement. It has two large jumps one is natural and the other is up a driveway.

Hope you enjoy.

Let me know what you think about it if you want. I'll take the criticism.

Link:
http://rsg.ms/PS8Gbi

Map:
CNbPtFA.png

Ramp 1:
kCFsGuZ.jpg

Ramp 2:
JEB2lx1.jpg

Stock Akuma solo 1 lap is under 1m 20s. Fully upgraded is under 1m 15s. All motorcycles and bicycles work on it as well.

I might have to change the ramp location. Depending what you say about it.

Also have almost 200 other various races.

CHEERS

:)

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Perfect Drive looks quite good. Will try it soon.

Got two new ones ready for testing,...

- Short offroad tube race: Donkey Farm Tubes

- Technical motorcycle race. F#$! Parking Tickets

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by Nitty Don, 25 March 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Feel free to try this, only ran it once, and sort of considering scrapping -  feedback from the 1 race was mixed ...

http://rsg.ms/QcIbgQ

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

Perfect Drive looks quite good. Will try it soon.

Got two new ones ready for testing,...

- Short offroad tube race: Donkey Farm Tubes

- Technical motorcycle race. F#$! Parking Tickets

I like the idea of the tubes but I'm not sure it works that well. Also, on a Sanchez, I kept bumping my head at the entrance to one of them. The highway traffic is intense in a good way.

I like F#$! Parking Tickets. Better use of the Vespucci geography in a user created race than I've encountered before.

• stronktank likes this

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Feel free to try this, only ran it once, and sort of considering scrapping -  feedback from the 1 race was mixed ...

http://rsg.ms/QcIbgQ

It's not exceptional but it's a solid lap. The roads around the reservoir kind of beg to be raced on. I'm working on a (non-motorcycle) race on the same loop myself, and I've played a number of similar races. One thing that distinguishes yours is that all the others I've seen (including mine) that use the highway to close the lap for those two roads go clockwise with the flow of traffic. So it's got that going for it. ;-)

• stronktank likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

Thanks Neal! Yeah maybe should block one of the entrances so you can't hit the middle parts. But that's what I like about it too that you can choose which entrance of the three you take,... Or do you mean when entering the second tubes the black thing where you hit your head? That's because of the jump before entering. Will retry it again and see what I can do. 

Tried the perfect drive, and it's quite the good race but the second jump bothers me as the entrance to it,... it bothers the flow and with a custom you hit the pavement (did so in both laps),...

So maybe lower the ramp or move it back a bit. Or just leave the second ramp and make the race follow the road. Good track though!!

Nd: Liked it quite a lot actually. Need some cp reviews like the first 180 degree lap, the cp should be pointing a bit more to the mountain. And there are two spots where I lost control twice. But as a totality love the lap !

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

Thanks Neal! Yeah maybe should block one of the entrances so you can't hit the middle parts. But that's what I like about it too that you can choose which entrance of the three you take,... Or do you mean when entering the second tubes the black thing where you hit your head? That's because of the jump before entering. Will retry it again and see what I can do. 

I mean the black thing hanging down. Caught my head on it a couple times. Didn't notice a jump. I'll try it again sometime. I've got a friend who likes Sanchez races, but he's not on very often.

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:40 AM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 26 March 2014 - 03:43 AM.

Tried the perfect drive, and it's quite the good race but the second jump bothers me as the entrance to it,... it bothers the flow and with a custom you hit the pavement (did so in both laps),...
So maybe lower the ramp or move it back a bit. Or just leave the second ramp and make the race follow the road. Good track though!!

Thank you. Yes the entrance to that jump bothers the flow imo as well. I tried doing it coming the opposite direction but then you would have to overlap and have a track that intersects each other. I will edit this track and somehow make it more fluid.

Thanks for the input.

Edit: I deleted the second ramp and the driveway leading to it so it will be a more fluid race.

I still like that driveway though and am going to follow up with a point to point race using it. I will make it come from the opposite direction and that will be a good flow for that race. That is how I originally started making "picture perfect drive".
  • stronktank likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Had a second run and it's way better without the second jump.

Though maybe put the cp at the 'natural' jump between the two tires. And maybe put some more tires left and right so it looks more like a 'gate'?

Good race though!

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 27 March 2014 - 03:59 AM.

Though maybe put the cp at the 'natural' jump between the two tires. And maybe put some more tires left and right so it looks more like a 'gate'?
Good race though!

I was actually contemplating moving that check point but decided against it, might change it though.

I will however put more props there to identify it as the jump players should take.

Thanks for the advice.

budcat
  • budcat

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:29 AM Edited by budcat, 07 April 2014 - 06:27 AM.

Mobius Strip [PS3]

It's a figure 8 course good for up to 16 players.  It's not just for motorcycles but it works best with them since it's pretty narrow in parts.

It's my favorite race I've made with about a 90% approval rating (though Rockstar says 78% but the math doesn't add up).  It hasn't been optimized much for GTA style races yet but it's been thoroughly play-tested otherwise. Constructive comments are welcome.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Will do some testing in an hour. Got a fresh one: Life of a Biker

And Neal: I edited Donkey Farm Tubes so you don't hit the black stuff! I think it's quite at it's prime now.

By the way: Maybe you should nominate your two best races in the 'PS3 Approved races' topic! Would love to review!

• Nitty Don likes this

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

My track follows the narrow drains in Grapeseed and then turns back on itself so you are actually facing oncoming racers.

Check it out (ps3) http://rsg.ms/PRtPm2

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Only had time for one more, but will be trying the other as soon as possible

Mobius strip
Great title and good description! The track is also really good, especially for motorcycles, but it needs some work imo, on cp placement and propping. For example the staircase and water path should be prop blocked/steered at cp12. Maybe try to be consistent in distances between cp's. The first two are cp's are way too close you only need the one turning 180 degrees. And you can pull the start finish/back.  Check Cuz's Checkpoint Guidelines topic in my signature!
  • budcat likes this

budcat
  • budcat

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Mobius strip
Great title and good description! The track is also really good, especially for motorcycles, but it needs some work imo, on cp placement and propping. For example the staircase and water path should be prop blocked/steered at cp12. Maybe try to be consistent in distances between cp's. The first two are cp's are way too close you only need the one turning 180 degrees. And you can pull the start finish/back.  Check Cuz's Checkpoint Guidelines topic in my signature!

Thanks for the feedback, you wouldn't believe how many people try to just plow through that first 180 directly into the barriers then thumbs down because they can't follow an arrow though!

I tried putting the multiple cps so people would actually pay attention to what's next but you can only help people so much I guess.

I'll tweak it some more though, thanks again.

• stronktank likes this

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

And Neal: I edited Donkey Farm Tubes so you don't hit the black stuff! I think it's quite at it's prime now.

By the way: Maybe you should nominate your two best races in the 'PS3 Approved races' topic! Would love to review!

Tried the tubes again. Seems like you tweaked it a lot? Definitely more solid now. Didn't bump my head on the tubes.

I've been thinking about submitting a couple to the approved races thread. Not sure mine really meet all the criteria. I've got zero interest in placing pickups for GTA race mode. Sometime I'll pick my two best contenders, review them with the advice from the checkpoint placement guide, and submit.

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

Will do some testing in an hour. Got a fresh one: Life of a Biker

Holy hell that's nice. I've got no suggestions. Just makes me want to keep practicing racing so I can run that faster while running into fewer things. :-)

• stronktank likes this

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

Mobius strip

Thanks for the feedback, you wouldn't believe how many people try to just plow through that first 180 directly into the barriers then thumbs down because they can't follow an arrow though!

I tried putting the multiple cps so people would actually pay attention to what's next but you can only help people so much I guess.

That was more fun than I was expecting. I've been disappointed in most races along the Vinewood reservoir.

The props at the first checkpoint are ridiculous. I wouldn't personally put that much effort into people who can't turn, but it's your call.

I accidentally ramped off the stairs at checkpoint 10 on my first lap, despite the sign. :-)

There were a couple of checkpoints later in the race where the arrows don't point at all in the direction you need to go. I could ID them if you want, but you can probably ID them yourself.

Didn't really see the point of the ramp, just cruised around it both laps.

Fun race but I think it could be even better with some more polish.

• budcat likes this

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

Good race though!

I was actually contemplating moving that check point but decided against it, might change it though.

I will however put more props there to identify it as the jump players should take.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm late to the party on this one. Didn't play it before the latest revision. Solid race. I appreciate the prop placement style. Traffic guides, not barriers or wreckage, and not blocking the roadway.

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

I didn't make this one, just stumbled across it somehow. Wet offroad track. Weird placement on the last checkpoint, but I think it's a good race overall.

http://rsg.ms/QlycWw

(Is this thread only for posting your own creations? Didn't seem like it from a review of the OP, and I thought this was fun enough to share.)

budcat
  • budcat

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:52 AM Edited by budcat, 29 March 2014 - 02:26 AM.

Mobius strip

That was more fun than I was expecting. I've been disappointed in most races along the Vinewood reservoir.

The props at the first checkpoint are ridiculous. I wouldn't personally put that much effort into people who can't turn, but it's your call.

I accidentally ramped off the stairs at checkpoint 10 on my first lap, despite the sign. :-)

There were a couple of checkpoints later in the race where the arrows don't point at all in the direction you need to go. I could ID them if you want, but you can probably ID them yourself.

Didn't really see the point of the ramp, just cruised around it both laps.

Fun race but I think it could be even better with some more polish.

I agree the props at the first turn are out of control but people are ridiculously bad at paying attention off the start, I'll probably scale back a couple of them, but they also don't hurt much being there either way.

I didn't think the checkpoints were that off but I'll look into it.  A lot of the narrow corridor ones need to be tilted slightly so that the creator will allow them, but there's only one way to go so a little ambiguity isn't too bad.  If you're talking about others though, I can fix them.

The ramp is only there because that is where the figure 8 intersects, so its for the off chance you're doing a long, multiple lap race with a bunch of other vehicles and you opt to try to jump them where the paths cross rather than risk t-boning someone or getting t-boned.

Thanks for checking it out though and I'll check out those later checkpoints.

Edit: It's been altered a bit since I've gotten your guys' suggestions, feel free to check it out again.  I think your advice really helped, the starting line has been improved and pulled back and the checkpoints are all a little more optimally placed, still a few I wish could be a little tweaked but the placement limitations kinda prevent it.  Thanks again.

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

I didn't make this one, just stumbled across it somehow. Wet offroad track. Weird placement on the last checkpoint, but I think it's a good race overall.

http://rsg.ms/QlycWw

(Is this thread only for posting your own creations? Didn't seem like it from a review of the OP, and I thought this was fun enough to share.)

Seems interesting.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Tried your Mobius Ring again and must say it's starting to go from good to great.

Although some tweaking can still be done imo.

The cp placement is way better, especially the start/finish cp. But at cp 16 you know there's something wrong as you put the bale there. So maybe use some other prop a little closer to the road. Maybe a low concrete wall.

Tried it with sports as that is what's set to standard, but in my opinion this is perfect for motorcycles because of the offroad part and the small next to the lake part. So even though you might like it with sports, you should choose standard vehicles as the most suitable. 
Though one more thing is the random jump on the road. If you hit it halfway you flip offroad and if you take it (with sports) you go over the fence, just get rid of it imo.
after some more edits submit to approved custom ps3 races
Really love the outlay of the track + name, so after you tweaked it you should really consider submitting it to the approved custom ps3 races topic!!
  • budcat likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by Cuz05, 10 April 2014 - 06:27 AM.

Turns out I have a new bike race, after some lengthy break from making them. Initially made this as a kind of experimental and weird GP circuit but it was really a bit too tight for cars. Obviously tried it with bikes instead, it worked pretty well. Bingo- motoGP. So vehicle choice is open but bikes are default.

Buccaneer/Chum: motoGP

• stronktank likes this

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

Here's a bike track that I made, still a bit of a WIP as I want to make this a GTA race, which I haven't done on any of my previous tracks.  Anyone have some tips for good weapon/pickup placement?

Vespucci con Carnage

http://rsg.ms/QVa9hv

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Another for you guys to test, Bike races are not my forte !! so appreciate all and any feedback given :)

The Great British BikeOff

http://rsg.ms/1qklCl7

Description

Enough to make Mary Berry to loose her cherry, last place wins a wooden spoon. Believe it or not best played with traffic ON.

• Cuz05 likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Played circuito21: Great track liked it a lot, very technical. Though some cps need reviewing imo and it has funny propping.

GP Los Ridiculoso: New title is quite strange?
It's a great mc race really loving it! Very original road choice and great finish/start. Great propping with good guidance.
Only thing is cp's bothered me as i know thats your cup of tea these are my notes from the 2nd lap. Thought the same in the third. Or you need to spread them more. But in total I think it can do with way less imo. (unless you changed some since i played it (think it's been two days ago))
cp 3 can go imo
cp 11 can go too
cp 13 can go or moved further 
cp 16 can go, or 17.
cp 19 can go as you're stuck in between the concrete walls what makes the road obvious imo
cp 25 can go

Can't wait to test some more of these!

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Cheers Stronk.

The title, lol. It's the name of the 2 main roads, Buccaneer Way and hmmm, actually it might be Chom Street.... Anyway, I noticed it and it amused me to be a little obscure. Then motoGP, since that's what it is.Forgot to update in here.

I'll admit, this was a hard race to CP, some of the bends are tricky to maintain visibility and correct CP signalling on...

So- 

Looks like 3 might be able to go, not sure if that makes the turn to 4 blind. If it doesn't then ok.

Not sure about 11 since that will give 10 a slightly false direction. I'll look at it but that's quite a sharp little jink there. If 10 works alright, it could make it easier to see the obstacles. Or it may fail to flag the blind turn there..

13 is actually on a turn? Without it that whole section loses its shape.

16 could probably go but you won't see 17 from 15.

19 is the same, visibility.

25 stays. That's a narrow U rather than a hairpin so I didn't want to CP it misleadingly, which would happen if you put one CP on it. You'd also lose visibility of the course once you'd past that point.

Several there that I'll look at removing. Thanks for the input.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users