Photo

[PS3] Motorcycle Races

153 replies to this topic
stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by stronktank, 25 July 2014 - 01:58 PM.

[PS3]

Motorcycle Races 

Motorcycle races are my favourite kind and I'd like to test/create as much as possible.

Feel free to post your motorcycle creations, I'll gladly test drive them!

These are my motorcycle creations:

Breast Feeding My personal favourite! For pro motorcycle racers only. Meaning you have to know how to gain distance by pulling your front wheel up in the air.

Short lap race with three massive jumps over the canal (jumps are "natural", meaning not placed with props and only accecible with motorcycles)

Swamp Dipping Offroad swamp lap race with an apocalyptic feel.

Down Blaine County Drain Offroad motorcycle race. Jump over barns, plantations and wrecked vehicles. A race with multiple good jumps and good rhythm. 

Triple Simmet Technical alley lap race through simmet alley.

Trip to Vangelico Short technical alley lap race.

F#$! Parking Tickets Technical alley lap race with a parking lot theme.

Donkey Punch Tubes Offroad lap race through farming tubes!

Life of a Biker Technical alley lap race.

Pillbox Hill MotoGP It's a double-lap GP race with choice between multiple roads. Think it really works out well. 40 seconds per lap.

MC my v-illah alley race with one massive jump

Under F#$*! Construction? avoiding construction sites

Newest:

Source Code offroad race with one heavy downhill part

Von Crastenburg Racing: short alley lapping with some good small jumps

Dendrochronology lap race circling inward like tree rings. First ring is wide, last is really narrow.

Hardstone Curvings .62 mile lapping in the davis quartz. Motorcycles of course;
Under Pressure one of my better offroad mc races

Feedback would be highly appreciated!!!

Created motorcycle races I liked so far:

LSIA: MotoGP by Cuzbien

Crotch RRRocket by Cuzbien

Home Time by Cuzbien

Countryside TT (link?) by Pete_1

Route Canal by Cuzbien

Red Light Drifter by kieranovks (paulmgrath)

Motocross Los Santos by Bomberlegend

Arcadius Moto Rodeo by Cornbat (Neal Fargo)

The Emissary by Cornbat (Neal Fargo)

Picture Perfect Drive by GTAMYBABIES

Möbius Strip by budcat

Down The Drain 2  by Flukey

circuito21 by svam87

Buccaneer/Chum: MotoGP by Cuzbien

Majestic Weazel: MotoGP by Cuzbien

Isle of Elysian TT by handcuff_charlie

No Parking! by handcuff_charlie

Furious Fusion by Breaking Bad

Askew by budcat

2 playlist by Cuzbien you have to try if you love motorbikes!!

Rise and Fall (off) pt 1: RISE

Rise and Fall (off) pt 2: FALL

• Furry_Monkey and paulmgrath like this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

My broadband is down atm but I intend to revisit when its back, hopefully soon. I've got 5 bike only races and and 8 race playlist featuring some from our racing crew. Will have a look at yours when I can and share the above.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

What's your socialclub name?

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:12 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 01 February 2014 - 06:12 PM.

Dam busters

Also East meets West for a more technical track links in my signature

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

What's your socialclub name?

Cuzbien

Note. Mine are challenging races for the most part so do yourself a favour and take the 1st couple of laps easy.

The point to point, Leg It!, was designed to finish up the playlist so is a bit longer in the freeway section than I'd usually like, just to make the description really and let everyone stretch their legs. I might be swapping it out for a different race.

Home Time is a work in progress, there's sections of it I still might change. I may even redesign it completely.

Crotch RRRocket has a couple of alleys I'm not 100% sure I'll keep.

Best one of mine, imo, is It's Round Here Somewhere, at the airport.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

- Motorcircling: Short lap race with possibility to meet other racers in the opposite direction.

I'll admit, I'm very dubious about trying this one after seeing the map. I'm not a fan of chaos... Possibility looks like it should read certainty.

Added this one. Didn't fancy the one in the vid so much. I will say, I much prefer lap races to PtPs.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Ok, not got round to trying any of you guys races yet, so much to do, so little time!

Couple of playlist links for you, obviously you don't need to run the lists it's just a handy way to provide a link to the various bike races I have in my game.

This is kind of a best of, a few of mine, Going Down and several from other creators in RRR1.

http://socialclub.ro...DG06PInGXd4YYWQ

This is all 5 of mine.

http://socialclub.ro...U8EqSMOKacpOccQ

Don't be put off by the lack of likes, I've dropped a fair few through recent tweaking.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Playing your list right now!

-Liking the first one at the airport a lot! Really good place for racing bikes.

-The second one is a lot less, quite boring in my opinion.

-The third one is great again! Great area! My Modern Art bike race is located in the same alleys!

-Fourth one is also really great!! Although missing one checkpoint in the corner with the fences.

-Last one is the least because of the point to point in my opinion. Love the start of the race, and right before the ending (in the alleys) but the big open roads get boring.

Your races are great of lenght and I like the fact they are mostly lap races (not so fond of point to point because it can be so random).
Although I think your finish/starting points could be better. they are mostly around the corner of the last checkpoint, when it is better in my opinion to make them at the end of a street.

Keeping the three I liked bookmarked though!

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

PS3:

Flying Bravo

http://rsg.ms/1fKhCaL

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Stronk, for running them.and even more for liking and bookmarking.
I think I know where you mean for that missing CP. I don't know why there's not one there tbh, I know its not like you can get lost but it would help highlight the turn.
Finish lines, must admit I never thought about it. I do take care to place my start points so people get chance to spread out a bit before any technical stuf, where crowds can be disastrous. Finsh point obviously follows from that. Point taken.
The 2 you found dull, I can understand that. They're really context races to provide something different in a playlist, both are for racing with a number of players and aren't particularly challenging for only 1 or 2.

Got time to run paulmcgraths East Meets West last night. Like I said, I'm not a huge PtP person so my feedback must be taken lightly.
Most of it I liked but there were a couple of parts I didn't. The pier seemed unnecessary and the way braking on the boardwalk is so unresponsive frustrated me. Couple of tight turns before the finish didn't really need to be there imo. A few alleys that could do with 1 or 2 props to clarify the entrance. Overall tho I thought it had good promise and is something diifferent to a lot of races. I'd enjoy it a lot more with the things I've mentioned changed. Of course, its your race so I'm completely fine with being ignored.
One issue I have with PtPs and its a totally personal thing, I always feel that if I have to ride away from the destination its a detour I don't need to take. Just me tho, in Going Down you come back on yourself and even tho I think its a great race, it still bothers me. Silly thing really and why any feedback I give on a PtP isn't worth a lot.

Will have a go at yours Stronk when I get chance.
  • stronktank likes this

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Thanks Stronk, for running them.and even more for liking and bookmarking.
I think I know where you mean for that missing CP. I don't know why there's not one there tbh, I know its not like you can get lost but it would help highlight the turn.
Finish lines, must admit I never thought about it. I do take care to place my start points so people get chance to spread out a bit before any technical stuf, where crowds can be disastrous. Finsh point obviously follows from that. Point taken.
The 2 you found dull, I can understand that. They're really context races to provide something different in a playlist, both are for racing with a number of players and aren't particularly challenging for only 1 or 2.

Got time to run paulmcgraths East Meets West last night. Like I said, I'm not a huge PtP person so my feedback must be taken lightly.
Most of it I liked but there were a couple of parts I didn't. The pier seemed unnecessary and the way braking on the boardwalk is so unresponsive frustrated me. Couple of tight turns before the finish didn't really need to be there imo. A few alleys that could do with 1 or 2 props to clarify the entrance. Overall tho I thought it had good promise and is something diifferent to a lot of races. I'd enjoy it a lot more with the things I've mentioned changed. Of course, its your race so I'm completely fine with being ignored.
One issue I have with PtPs and its a totally personal thing, I always feel that if I have to ride away from the destination its a detour I don't need to take. Just me tho, in Going Down you come back on yourself and even tho I think its a great race, it still bothers me. Silly thing really and why any feedback I give on a PtP isn't worth a lot.

Will have a go at yours Stronk when I get chance.

If you enjoy lap races I'd really recommend you try mine I posted just above you there, Flying Bravo ;-) 

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'll have a look at it when I'm home, won't get to run it straight away tho.

Pete_1
  • Pete_1

Dude

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I have made two races for motorcycles.

Countryside TT

http://socialclub.ro...Ug?platformId=2

Mount Chiliad enduro

http://socialclub.ro...JA?platformId=2

Also race below works well using motorcycles.

Battle on a highway

http://socialclub.ro...DQ?platformId=2

Would like to hear some comments about these. I will try to test races posted this topic as soon as I have time to play.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

PS3:

Flying Bravo

Just played it, and the race itself is quite ok. Meaning the parcours you layed out is good and variating! Especially liking the garage turn. But I do have some notes.

- Overload of checkpoints! Couldn't hear the radio because of the blopping of the checkpoints. You can put them as far as the eye goes from the previous checkpoint! Like in the garage turn itself you have two checkpoints, while one is more than enough. And if you want people to make the turn, put props in the way, don't put three checkpoints to make sure they'll take the turn...

- Way too random props. Like the tires in the middle of the road.

I've made two new motorcycle races myself.

One I'm really proud of: Swamp Dipping

And one that's more an experiment on technical corners: Pole Dancers

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:07 PM Edited by Fachuro, 05 February 2014 - 05:09 PM.

PS3:

Flying Bravo

Just played it, and the race itself is quite ok. Meaning the parcours you layed out is good and variating! Especially liking the garage turn. But I do have some notes.

- Overload of checkpoints! Couldn't hear the radio because of the blopping of the checkpoints. You can put them as far as the eye goes from the previous checkpoint! Like in the garage turn itself you have two checkpoints, while one is more than enough. And if you want people to make the turn, put props in the way, don't put three checkpoints to make sure they'll take the turn...

- Way too random props. Like the tires in the middle of the road.

I've made two new motorcycle races myself.

One I'm really proud of: Swamp Dipping

And one that's more an experiment on technical corners: Pole Dancers

I have to say about the checkpoints, I'm not a big fan of few checkpoints myself, I find it often gets confusing with the arrows, plus it shortens the track as they go straight through the air, giving less reward  in total for the track.  As for the tires I believe they're only used in one spot to mark a crossing after said garage turn.  I guess it's a matter of preference though, I myself love those specific parts you mentioned :-)   

EDIT: As for checpoints in turns I find it helpful, if properly placed to show good lines/angles for the turn and give an indication of how sharp the turn is, which in turn makes the track more intuitive and quicker to learn.

• stronktank likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:59 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 06 February 2014 - 01:03 PM.

@Cuz05 Thanks for feedback man, yeah the pier idea was more of a experiment if the creator would allow it to work which it does! i know what you mean about the braking on the wood as well, the ending i had to keep changing the hills on the straight road obscure the final c/p so i had to do a detour i liked the end C/P location LOL
Im gonna make some changes and repost it , THANKS FOR PLAYING

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Countryside TT

Mount Chiliad enduro

Countryside TT: Great checkpoint placement! Just the necessary spots.The race is a little too long in my opinion and I'm not so fond of point to point, as your finish is at a too random location. It would be a great race for tuned hexer or motorclub races.

Mount Chilliad enduro:

Nice location for the race and again good checkpoint placement. Although I think you should make this into a lap race. The ending in the altruist cult camp is quite random.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

@Cuz05 Thanks for feedback man, yeah the pier idea was more of a experiment if the creator would allow it to work which it does! i know what you mean about the braking on the wood as well, the ending i had to keep changing the hills on the straight road obscure the final c/p so i had to do a detour i liked the end C/P location LOL
Im gonna make some changes and repost it , THANKS FOR PLAYING

Ah, gotcha. Also had thoughts about finishing a race there but on the jump inside. Since I smashed straight into the barrier and still finished I'm kinda glad I didn't, lol.

Friend of mine did a race that had the pier in it too, I made him take it out, haha! I have one too but it's just straight down it and finish on a ramp at the end.

My net is still causing me problems so I can't stay in an online session atm, I can however, get on the creator and sign in long enough to get things published, so I have a new one. Can't get on to test it properly with a full custom, I don't doubt that there will need to be some changes so feedback is of course welcome.

Top tip, cut those corners where possible to unlock the best racing lines. It really pays off and improves the flow of the course.

Top warning, watch you speed as you pass under a bridge, the course veers off right, into an alley. Take it too fast and you'll launch into the side of a building. Ouchies.

It looks from the map as if you'll face oncoming traffic but they're separate alleys.

http://socialclub.ro...QQ?platformId=2

kq0p.png

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Dam busters

Good race for a PtP! Like the finish. Although the jumps over the water aren't placed well. You should put them earlier and more straight so you don't have to wheel up instead of hitting it.

As for the East Meets West I totally agree with Cuz05. The whole part on the pier is unnecessary. And for a PtP I do like the finish again.

kq0p.png

Cuzbien: Fantastic race!! Truly my style of motorcycle races. A lot of left rights and one long part. Great. Absolutely great. Lets race this one together sometime. Althoug it could do with a little less checkpoints at some points (forward checkpoints before a turn checkpoint that are not necessary).

• paulmgrath likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:24 AM Edited by Cuz05, 07 February 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Thanks fella. I know what you're saying about the CPs, I can think of at least a couple that aren't necessary, having finally managed to get on long enough to properly test it last night. Also found a respawn that needs a shove. AND I published another, Majestic Weazel, more GP in style with hitting clean lines the main focus. I'll link it here later.
Will add you on PSN.

Here y'are.

n0ga.png

No major shocks on here, apart from the usual poles, trees and walls, just get that racing line right on the money for some fast, flowing PB chasing.

Course is marked by tyre lines in various places so keep your eye out for them. They're there to keep you off the verges and on the road.

• stronktank likes this

Pete_1
  • Pete_1

Dude

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Countryside TT

Mount Chiliad enduro

Countryside TT: Great checkpoint placement! Just the necessary spots.The race is a little too long in my opinion and I'm not so fond of point to point, as your finish is at a too random location. It would be a great race for tuned hexer or motorclub races.

Mount Chilliad enduro:

Nice location for the race and again good checkpoint placement. Although I think you should make this into a lap race. The ending in the altruist cult camp is quite random.

Thanks for testing my creations :)

Countryside TT: I agree with you that race is a little too long and I'm going to shorten it a bit. Maybe good finish line location would be somewhere near Trevor's trailer. Full lineup Hexers would be awesome to race with.

Mount Chiliad enduro: That's not bad idea at all, I will check if there is good way turn this into lap race. 

• stronktank likes this

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

http://socialclub.ro...tg?platformId=2

I've only had a few people drive on it, you can give it a whirl if you'd like. It's not specifically for bikes but it can get pretty sick at times.

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

http://socialclub.ro...tg?platformId=2

I've only had a few people drive on it, you can give it a whirl if you'd like. It's not specifically for bikes but it can get pretty sick at times.

I played and liked it. Only one crash early on and finish in 3m.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

n0ga.png

Forgot to provide a link.

http://socialclub.ro...6w?platformId=2

MrMattAdz
  • MrMattAdz

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

I have to say that I agree with you that bike races are the best.

http://rsg.ms/1gpq8Mt

This is my first and only race so far, and I havn't had a lot of people try it yet so I'm not sure what to make of it. Also because I created it I obviosly know it pretty well, so I'm not sure if the layout is too confusing for first timers.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Right. So I've done a thing.... 2 playlists, 10 races, links all present and correct... I believe....

Rise and Fall (off)

A monumental motorcycle tour of Los Santos and Blaine County in 10 acts. Prepare to be gripped by this epic tale of success, failure and repeatedly cracking your head open. 

It all begins here, in the ‘hood. Where else? You’re tired of course, the endless rounds of drive thru fried chicken and convenience store hold ups. You’re going nowhere, hanging with gangbangers in the skatepark, picking fights with strip club bouncers. 

Surely a move out to the upwardly mobile canal-side properties will signal a turn in fortunes, cut your ties to small time crooks. Where’s the action here tho? You’re just running over middle class pedestrians, beating up weightlifters and buying daft masks. Well, you gotta look the part. 

This is where sh*t gets done. Downtown. Moving and shaking, checking out the high rises, visiting car parks, putting things where they don’t belong, running from the law… It’s business time, let’s get to work. 

Selling candy, making money. 10 car garages, luxurious condominiums. fine wines, drinking whiskey from an actual glass. A few too many trips to the hospital…. But you’re on a roll. 

Finally, the Big Time, Vinewood Boulevard, limousines, champagne, parking your bike in Ponsonbys. Light up that Cuban, brother, you’ve made it. What can possibly go wrong?  

1ayi.png

Interval. 

Everything always goes wrong of course. Picking up that high class escort girl in a BF Injection and bashing her brains out with a golf club probably wasn’t a great move.…. You’d better skip town, there’s a plane waiting. If you can find it. 

Lay low for a bit, this is a nice little town. Problem is, no one trusts a new face, some city dudes robbed the bank and blew a ton of sh*t up, you’d best clear out before you draw unwanted attention. 

Can always rely on farming weed yeah? But country folk talk, the heat is on and the Blaine County cops are tightening the noose, time to bail. Again. Now where did you put that flamethrower? 

Well this is great. The sewer all the crap drains through. Nothing here but hillbillies and meth heads, but you’re not so out of place you sad f*cking loser. Only one thing for it… 

End it all. Make the world a better place and remove a pox ridden excuse of a human being from it (that’s you). Be sure to out in style though eh?. A public place would be best. Maybe squash a few tourists while you’re at it.  

q08i.png
  • Cornbat and stronktank like this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by Cuz05, 13 February 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Note for Stronk- I have simplified most of the races you've tried. I had crew mates say they were a bit too tight and in the context of a playlist, I had to agree. They're still challenging but I think there's a bit more fun in them now and they're certainly more user friendly.

The long PtP is the opposite, I've taken quite a different route to before, in order to combat that long freeway boredom.

• stronktank likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Cuz05: I'm truly amazed! Great idea with the two playlists + amazing races. They can all be approved imo!! So post some in the approved PS3 races topic!! Particulary fond of paleto run and sandy sores!!! Great!!! I raced them with my favorite companion (lots of neck to neck) and it was truly fantastic! Thumbs up!!

• paulmgrath likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Thanks a lot man, lots of work has gone into fine tuning them so I'm glad it's appreciated. Particularly pleased you liked Sandy Sores, it was the last one I made and a really difficult location to make interesting. Had to edit that one in a big way to get it to a point I was happy with.
Difficult to pick my favourites for PS3 approval...

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:40 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 19 February 2014 - 12:22 AM.

RED LIGHT DRIFTER http://rsg.ms/O6lqu2

1-16 players.

Dirt bike race around Redwood Lights race track, faster and with more natural jumps than the great classic R* created!.

Fun with muscle cars or dunebuggy's if you can handle the drift as well ;/

(No fancy pics sorry on ps3 browser.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users