» «
Photo

I dont understand why people hate on GTA VC for being some sort of rip

31 replies to this topic
archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by archiebunker, 13 June 2014 - 10:07 PM.

I grew up in the 80s in Miami. Seeing the Vice City tv commericals in my early 20s is what got me back into gaming. Until then, I hadn't owned a console since the SNES and only sporadically toyed with PC games (but had never heard of GTA before). VC was like the perfect game for my demographic, I guess. I got a PS2 and VC shortly thereafter. It's probably my favorite GTA because of that double dose of nostalgia--the setting and it being my intro to the series.

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by watersgta3, 2 weeks ago.

Why would it be a rip off? It was inspired by the movie Scarface and some other movies, but it's definitely not a rip off.

People just can't tell the disparity between a rip-off and an influence. Also, another illusion is that Tommy is a rip-off version of Tony Montana, which couldn't be any more untrue. The only thing the two have in common are short tempers. That's it. Other than that, they're not similar in any way, shape, or form personality wise. Tony is an uneducated Cuban immigrant who has a predilection for sniffing coke. Tommy, on the other hand, while not known for controlling his temper, is actually laid-back and intelligent and never even used drugs (other than Auntie Poulet's potion and Phil's boomshine, but those were by accident, so they don't count). They may have similar actions, but personality wise, they are completely different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users