Photo

GTA Online Olympics; Round 2

55 replies to this topic
theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:48 PM Edited by theGypsy, 02 February 2014 - 06:18 PM.

All righty then.... anyone up for; Round 2?

On the heels of a great time on Thursday, we're going to do the weekend edition. I just thought it was good to do one event during the week, one on the weekend. There were folks that couldn't make it last weekend, so it seems fair.

Proposed Date; Sunday Feb. 2Nd – 2pm EST, 11am PDT, 7 pm UK (let me know it this works, or we can do it on Saturday).

This weekend's events;

Frogger – 8 lane highway at peak rush hour. Contestants start on opposite sides and first that makes it to the other side, wins and moves on to the next round. (see video HERE). Depending on how many people attend, we'll either do head to head, or heats with top X moving on to next round.

Bicycle Jousting – two peeps, two bikes, weapons free. Contestants ride towards each other, trying to kill the opponent. Best 2 of 3 for win. Elimination rounds to finals. I am thinking about having Auto-aim off for this. What's your thinking here?

Demolition Derby; last car standing. Contestants will have to grab stock vehicle off the street for the event (no trucks). There will be a set time to grab said vehicle. A knowledge of the toughest vehicles will be a bonus. We'll have 2 prelim rounds with the top X moving on to the finals. (location to be decided, all input welcomed on that).

I will try and post some video of test runs later on today. We already have video of 'Frogger', which is linked above in the description

Here's how they'll play out;

Tournament of Champions

After our first session, I am now thinking that we'll have a points system. 3 points for a 1st place finish, 2 points for second and 1 for third. The eventual tournament of champions will consist of the top 6/8 contestants facing off in 4 events that we've deemed to be most fun along the way.

Standings to date;

DS Monkfish – 5 pts

BeanzInApot – 4pts

Scoobriod – 3 pts

AyeRub – 3 pts

Sugar Free Nos – 2 pts

Lonesome Drifter – 1 pt

NOTES; I get the feeling that we'll have to implement a “passive mode” rule during the actual events. It'll help keep the mayhem down a bit. Between events? Go nuts, blow each other to hell... call muggers and have some fun. The 'passive mode' rule only applies once a given event has begun.

Ok, ya'll know the routine, leave a replay letting me know you'll be attending, your GT and add me if you haven't already.

Participants so far;

DS Monkfish

Scoobroid

PANiC

Zoobz

Eyerub

beanzinapot

Rico UK ( DeaJinx)

Bubblecrunch

Yung_lean

The video from Round one is here;

• mikezilla2 likes this

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Count me in my good sir! Free aim for the jousting and passive for the other events seems like a good idea, after last nights "enthusiasm" ;)

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

I'll be there again! And yes, free-aim makes sense and passive mode should help keep things more focused....

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Doubt many of uk crew will do that late on a Sunday. If it's Saturday I'll be there

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Doubt many of uk crew will do that late on a Sunday. If it's Saturday I'll be there

Really? Didn't think it was all that late... let's see how it plays out. We can have a secondary date/time of; Saturday Feb 1 5pm EST, 2pm PDT, 10pm UK

If people can let me know which is your preferred data/time, it would be appreciated.

My only concern is getting enough people on short notice, that's why I went with Sunday. Either is fine be me

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 31 January 2014 - 04:14 PM.

Hi Panic, I take it you did notice that this is 7pm, not 11pm as it has been?

I'd rather Sunday night, but could probably be there whenever.

Also:

45471197.jpg

:lol:

• PANiC ATTACK3R likes this

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I'm good with either time - whatever suits most people.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'm good with either time - whatever suits most people.

Yeah, me and Monkfish pretty much live on XBL.....

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hi Panic, I take it you did notice that this is 7pm, not 11pm as it has been?

I'd rather Sunday night, but could probably be there whenever.

Also:

45471197.jpg

:lol:

lol. You're right, I a read 11pm...sorry.

If its 7pm Sunday then shouldn't be a problem although Sat obviously preferred because I can stay up for hours and have a nice sleep in on the Sunday :) 

ayeRUB
  • ayeRUB

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I'll be back Sunday 11am with more weed and dabs for all of us. Can't do Saturday forsure if the date switches but I don't mind letting other people join in on the fun. Keep me posted with the final date. Pretty juiced to see the video also hah

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Sunday at 7pm UK should be fine for me and I think the rest of the usual crew. You can put me down for sure, for that time.

• PANiC ATTACK3R likes this

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Ok cool, I'd prefer Sunday as well. The American folks have the Superbowl at 6:30pm EST I believe, thus I went with 2pm EST (7pm UK, 11am PDT). Gives us plenty of time. Just trying to make it work for everyone.

If we don't have any folks attending on PDT, we will certainly move it up.

Eyerub, what time zone are u?

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 31 January 2014 - 06:27 PM.

Been thinking about demolition derby. Might be better if everyone has the same model of car as it's purely down to luck/skill then. As for location, maybe Sandy Shores runway? Use the main strip and park a 'bob or something at one end to limit area size...

Or inside the hangar where the private jet spawns down as LSI airport...

ayeRUB
  • ayeRUB

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

California time got me at PDT meaning 11am is good for me I'll be out a bit before one so I can pregame for the football game at 3:30pm

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R, 31 January 2014 - 07:06 PM.

Sunday at 7pm UK should be fine for me and I think the rest of the usual crew. You can put me down for sure, for that time.

Should be good to go and I will have a word with Zoobz about his random melee attacks  :) 

JohnWeazel
  • JohnWeazel

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

I guess i'll participate again... even though i didn't win anything Thursday :(

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

lol.... well we have a long way to go towards the 'Tournament of Champions'. Lot's of time to get in there bro!!! And hey, I didn't win fck-all either... hehe

Keuthonymos
  • Keuthonymos

TCCG

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Persistence my friend! We're no-where near done the events! You can still take home a gold!

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by theGypsy, 31 January 2014 - 09:15 PM.

Ok gang, I am stepping it up now!! Woot!

As mentioned, we'll have a 'Tournament of Champions' at the end... The winner of that event (most points) will be awarded this uber-awesome GTA Olympics - Grand Champion, hoodie. Yes, it's fer real. I have a store that I make shirts etc for a community I run in my industry. So I just created one this afternoon for this very purpose

See below;

Hoodie.jpg

And hey, if anyone wants one made with 'Gold Medalist' etc, let me know... yer gonna have to pay for it tho... This one alone is gonna cost me just under $50. I am just doin' it cause I thought it would be fun.

• DS Monkfish, Scoobroid and Zoobz like this

GONZOSLEEPER
  • GONZOSLEEPER

Dirty slute

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Looks like blast! Have fun you Xbox punks!

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

count me in!!

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Looks like blast! Have fun you Xbox punks!

Now now Oscar, don't be grumpy....

count me in!!

Added to the list sir.... Anyone else?

Reedseed12345
  • Reedseed12345

resovior mugs

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

I love to do this, unfortunately I'm ps3. But I would love to give you some of my ideas

Cargobob Relay: teams of 2 must get a car to the end of the airfield and race back for more cars. On person flys the Cargobob the other gets in the car and is flown to the end of Trevor's airfield and must run back for more cars first team to drop all their cars off wins and the cars have to be one straight color color coding each team

Ex. Team blue has blue cars

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by theGypsy, 01 February 2014 - 11:09 PM.

Ok gang... the video demonstration for tomorrow's event is up. Can watch it here

I love to do this, unfortunately I'm ps3. But I would love to give you some of my ideas

Cargobob Relay: teams of 2 must get a car to the end of the airfield and race back for more cars. On person flys the Cargobob the other gets in the car and is flown to the end of Trevor's airfield and must run back for more cars first team to drop all their cars off wins and the cars have to be one straight color color coding each team

Ex. Team blue has blue cars

Yea, too bad one of the PS peeps can't start organizing some of these... Anyway, I like the idea. There's a thread already for the 'ideas' and we do have a guy with the Bob relay in there... I believe it was on page 3

http://gtaforums.com...ny-event-ideas/

Rico UK
  • Rico UK

The Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Still happening tonight? If so ill come join.. use my wifes GT. DeaJinx

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Still happening tonight? If so ill come join.. use my wifes GT. DeaJinx

Indeed we are m8.... I shall add to the list. Be sure to add me on 360 (thegypsy66) so that I can invite once we get started.

Cya there!

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

ok folks.... 2hrs until we get started. We still have some space if anyone else wants to join.. Let me know

Rico UK
  • Rico UK

The Veteran

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Your friends list is full dude

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

• Members
  • United-Kingdom