Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wow So the Cheats Suck in This Game , Royally!

61 replies to this topic
Streetvan1997
  • Streetvan1997

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

So i would always take a GTA game, pass it totally without cheating once, and usually get 100% too. This one is a lot more annoying stuff the get 100% so I'm not going to. So i just today look into the cheats, One at a time? they don't save and you have to put them in each time? Theres only like 6 of them? What the hell man, why would take something that is such a part of a successful game. It blows my mind these game companies how they do that. 

Plus you can't go back and use them in missions and do missions in cool ways that you normally couldn't do them in, I would spend hours putting on cheats and doing crazy stuff, 

Now you can't even get a good cop war going even with the cheats, the invincibility cheat only lasts 5 minutes. So stupid. 

• Choco Taco, theGTAking101, SilverRST and 5 others like this

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

Just be thankful of having any cheats at all.

It could be worse...you could have no console no TV no GTA 5 no food or drink..etc.

Stop being greedy :facedesk:

• Fuzzknuckles, voyager, Distrom and 5 others like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Cheats suck, I have yet to use them and been also 100%ing these games since GTA III using 0 cheats.

You don't need cheats in GTA V since it IS the easiest game in the series.  I mean, you can SKIP entire parts of missions if you fail it three times, there is checkpoints in missions, you don't lose your guns/ammo when you die, you have regenerating health....I mean, this game is so easy that cheats are absolutely un-needed.

• Donut, Pastry, VElectroPulseV and 1 other like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

today look into the cheats, Theres only like 6 of them? 

Games that need a shedload of cheats to make them playable/interesting are a fail.

I remember a certain Driving game from a few years back that had such damn-awful gameplay, you needed the invicible cheat just to stay alive.

GTA V has achieved near-perfection.

If you need cheats to enjoy it you must be doing it wrong!!   :blink:

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

I am not saying OP is a "baby" but most young kids on this forum resort to using cheats due to being terrible at such games and can't even beat them, they rather play Online with friends doing missions because it's "easier" with extra "help."  They can't do it themselves, they suck, and need cheats.

In past GTA games in the PS2 era, if you used cheats you couldn't even reach 100% because the game would lock you out at 99.7% completion if you used them.  Since it happened since GTA III, I've been following suit and NOT using them.  The games aren't hard to beat, just time consuming.  GTA V took like 2 weeks for me to 100% with 0 cheats and ever since been messing around with the cops on 5 star rampages bettering myself.  That's another problem I see here at the forum, too many babies complaining over cops. "They're too hard for me, I suck and hate GTA V" - You hear this almost daily on this forum.  Just sit back and laugh at the babies.  It's all you can really do.  I don't even like to reply often anymore to this place, it's a joke at what goes on and what is said here these days.

• SeaWallTx, Pastry and RiaJay21 like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

The only cheat I dislike is the wanted level cheat. Whoever thought it was a good idea for each star to be removed one at a time needs to be fired.

I'm more annoyed that it's like the 3D era input instead of being stored in the phone like GTA IV. While IV's method wasn't the fastest once they were entered it was stored for easy access without tediously inputting it everytime.
  • Cutter De Blanc, Donut, SilverRST and 4 others like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

The only cheat I dislike is the wanted level cheat. Whoever thought it was a good idea for each star to be removed one at a time needs to fired.

I'm more annoyed that it's like the 3D era input instead of being stored in the phone like GTA IV. While IV's method wasn't the fastest once they were entered it was stored fir easy access without tediously inputting it everytime.

TBH, I was fine with IV's cheat method. It's just annoying that every single time someone shoots you, you remove the damn phone! This crap has caused me so many deaths by the cops or gang members.

And yeah, the person who thought it was a good idea for each star to be removed every time we enter a cheat should be fired. What the hell is up with that? Why can't they just include a 'Never Wanted' cheat or the same cheat that was in IV which made all the stars go away once you enter the thing? 
  • stjimmy3 and ten-a-penny like this

REXX
  • REXX

The Subject | The Hotchick

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

I tried a few cheats without saving (got a cheat-free save game) and I actually enjoyed the free fall cheat, at first, I thought is was a simple parachute fall, but it's not! Its actually a kind of glide! The invincibility cheat is cool, even if its lasts 5 minutes.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Yeah exactly. I don't even see the sense in removing one star at a time. When I was stealing the garbage truck for BlitzPlay I decided to use the wanted level cheat as I couldn't be bothered losing them myself, but the f*cking stars kept going up whenever I removed one.

It must've taken 3 or 4 tries to lose it completely. Very annoying.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

the 3D era

I remember a 'cheat' code for GTA SA that caused all the peds to wear clown suits and drive comedy cars.....

....why would you even want to do that?! 

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by im_stoned, 31 January 2014 - 03:26 PM.

the 3D era

I remember a 'cheat' code for GTA SA that caused all the peds to wear clown suits and drive comedy cars.....

....why would you even want to do that?! 

You know what san andreas also had ? A car's fly cheat. Man that was insane. Wasn't their an all cars are boats cheat ? Man I miss those kinda cheats they were so much fun I could spend hours just messing around with them.

People suggesting topic starter needs cheats to beat the game clearly didn't read his post. He wants them for the fun times. And yes clown peds driving clown cars is funny. Another cheat my friend loved was all cars on the street turned into sports cars and nice cars. Every car on the road was sexy no crap cars on the street all beautiful.

Theirs plenty of cheats that can be used soley for entertainment purposes

• Choco Taco likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Cheats are a great way to bolster re playability.

Hell, load up Red Dead, and put on the sepia cheat - travel to theives landing and marvel at the graphics without that fog filter.

Invincibility cheats allow you to pretend you're a superhero or super villain - SA had this, and i loved it. I modded the (PC) gimp suit to a superhero costume, slapped on "moon physics" "super jump" "super punch" and "invincibility" and had sh*t loads of fun. (i also had the NEO mod, which was great fun too!)

I did this once in V, laughed, then got bored when the cheats expired. I don't have a problem with cheats - i've completed RDR and GTA to 100% without them, so if i chose to play through with them, who cares?

I don't often look at cheats any more though because A, i don't have time to waste trying to find a WORKING and fun cheat, and B, i can't remember when i last saw a cheat that made me enjoy the game more, so i don't bother.

It's an oppurtunity for greatness. EG:

GTA III.

Dressing Claude in like a terminator or a camo outfit (PC skins). Slapping on "peds have weapons" and "peds hate you"

Playing for three hours "Liberty City Survivor" - pure warfare.

good times.

• Ermac likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Cheats are there to have fun, so it is not of your concern for anyone else to use cheats.

They are for fun and doing crazy stuff.

• Choco Taco and Scaglietti like this

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

The only cheat I dislike is the wanted level cheat. Whoever thought it was a good idea for each star to be removed one at a time needs to fired.

I'm more annoyed that it's like the 3D era input instead of being stored in the phone like GTA IV. While IV's method wasn't the fastest once they were entered it was stored fir easy access without tediously inputting it everytime.

TBH, I was fine with IV's cheat method. It's just annoying that every single time someone shoots you, you remove the damn phone! This crap has caused me so many deaths by the cops or gang members.

And yeah, the person who thought it was a good idea for each star to be removed every time we enter a cheat should be fired. What the hell is up with that? Why can't they just include a 'Never Wanted' cheat or the same cheat that was in IV which made all the stars go away once you enter the thing? 

Yeah, and what about godmode for 5 minutes? Cheats in this game are very annoying, I can't remember when I used it last time.

Oh, I can't remember when I played GTA V last time. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

OH GOD LIFE IS RUINED BECAUSE THE CHEATS AREN'T WHAT I WANTED.

DESPAIR.

DESPAIR.

MY LIFE IS SO HARD.

etc. 

• high91 and ~Tiger~ like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 31 January 2014 - 06:12 PM.

People suggesting topic starter needs cheats to beat the game clearly didn't read his post.

Theirs plenty of cheats that can be used soley for entertainment purposes

I read his post fine thanks. What you're saying is he don't want cheats, he wants freebies.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

This one is a lot more annoying stuff the get 100% so I'm not going to.

one at a time? they don't save and you have to put them in each time? Theres only like 6 of them? What the hell man, why would take something that is such a part of a successful game.

Actually, at least for me, getting to 100% was more enjoyable than any past GTA. I'll never understand why R* thinks fans want to search for 100 items or more, because that is the worst thing in GTA, but I guess I'll take anything after that whole 200 pigeon thing. 

As for cheats, they aren't much different than the 3D days in terms of entering them and such, so no big deal if you got used to it back then. Sure, the phone method was much nicer and made for a better experience, but I'm not as big on cheats anymore, anyway. There are some fun ones in V, though, no doubt. 

BMW1992
  • BMW1992

GTAForums member since Jan 2005

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

So i would always take a GTA game, pass it totally without cheating once, and usually get 100% too. This one is a lot more annoying stuff the get 100% so I'm not going to. So i just today look into the cheats, One at a time? they don't save and you have to put them in each time? Theres only like 6 of them? What the hell man, why would take something that is such a part of a successful game. It blows my mind these game companies how they do that. 

Plus you can't go back and use them in missions and do missions in cool ways that you normally couldn't do them in, I would spend hours putting on cheats and doing crazy stuff, 

Now you can't even get a good cop war going even with the cheats, the invincibility cheat only lasts 5 minutes. So stupid. 

I miss the SA cheats :( 

• high91 likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

^ I know, SA had a ton of extremely fun cheats, from flying cars, to pedestrian riot, to being able to recruit any random person to defend you in battle. While there are some good cheats, I wish Rockstar could have added a few more. Maybe they'll release a "Cheats DLC" sometime? (Or when it comes to PC, maybe people can just code in their own cheats)

• deathdealer likes this

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

I miss the SA cheats :(

Yeah they were interesting.

The different scenarios you could create just using cheats....Complete und utter game manipulation at its best.

I ended up remembering a sequence of codes to enter when I started it up....it was ritual.

I compled SA without codes too.  My favourite was the FLYING CAR cheat with NITROUS.

.......and soooo many more :)

• deathdealer likes this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:31 PM Edited by McGyver55, 01 February 2014 - 08:39 PM.

The San Andreas cheats are the best so far, but they were the last good cheats we will ever get...  

Thanks to concessions to online, our cheats will be limited to what we have now or less.

But at least we still have our beloved trashmaster code... where would we be without it?

BTW... Why would they limit cheats?  

Cheats made the game fun once you finished it... cheats like rioting peds, gave the game additional life once you were done beating it...

But that won't sell DLC...

So if you want additional entertainment, you now have to go online and play in Rockstar's playground where they can tempt you with stupid little add ons that you have to pay for.

The fun times are behind us.

Streetvan1997
  • Streetvan1997

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Like i said I liked passing the game WITHOUT ANY CHEATS and getting 100%, then i liked doing  crazy fun things during missions with cheats . now no cheats during missions? Why? and now having to press each cheat each time. 

And to the person who basically said I should be happy i have a TV and a game to play, gimmie a break you ignorant moron. Are you saying you never complain about anything in life? and i have a rough life and have real sh*t to complain about, just because i have a TV and a video game doesn't mean life is great and i shouldn't have anything to complain about and can't complain about a game.

The cheats in the last game were perfectly set up to have tons of fun. I hate how you can't repair your car is one of the huge ones. I loved bringing up the phone and just repairing my car when tons of cops and the military were after me, or fixing my helicopter. You can't get into tons of trouble with vehicles. Hell the tank is a wimp and dies easy in this game. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

Its better then gta 4's cheats, and there are some cool ones. Think the cheats suck then dont use the cheats.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

wouldn't a cop free SA be awesome?

or no traffic? and flying cars?

no wonder I'm bored.

bring back the fun cheats!!

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, and what about godmode for 5 minutes? Cheats in this game are very annoying, I can't remember when I used it last time.

Oh, I can't remember when I played GTA V last time. 

"Cockstar hurted my feelings" :cry:

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

considering this was originally a game that wasn't made for cheats, I would stop finding things to bitch at now.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I play the game through without cheats, then use cheats to have fun after everything is all done...

I think the people who say "be happy with what you have" can't see anyone else's point of view...

You are happy with it, good for you...

Some people here have played the older games and have had loads of fun using the cheats in the in those previous generation console's GTA game... I think many people agree that GTA SA had some of the best cheats... then came along GTA on the next generation consoles (PS3/Xbox 360) and suddenly the number of cool/fun cheats dropped... which was a HUGE disappointment to those that played with and enjoyed the previous cheats...

From the onset of the series what made the GTA so popular was the freedom and over-the-top action and gameplay... Rockstar meddled with that formula and some folks don't like where it is going, because it changes the experience for them... especially since some people don't want online play, don't have good or reliable internet access or can't afford the additional charges like Xbox live...

If you enjoy online play and good internet service and have the money to pay extra for such things as Xbox live... well, than good for you lucky bastard... but realize that some people don't have the luxury and in the past this wasn't an issue for them... you just bought the game and had fun... no need to pay extra or be shut out if you didn't have access or extra cash...

So if you stop and see other people's point of view... you might see a parallel to a point in your own lives where you may have be cut out of the action through no fault of your own...

Yes, there are a couple of more cheats than the previous two games, but for the most part they tame and don't approach the spirit of what GTA stood for before the last two game... and aside for the concessions to online play, there is no reason I'm aware of that we can't have the number of or kind of cheats that we did back in SA...

Yeah, people do complain for stupid reasons and there is no pleasing some people... but it is very understandable when people complain when you give them a cool/fun feature and then in the next version you seriously cut it back or reduce the options...

Given that there is a whole forum here dedicated to "Cheats & Tricks", you might be able to see that some people are actually into this sort of thing... 

I don't do a lot of street racing and I don't go to street racing forums to tell people not to complain about some new fuel injection software sucking, because you should be happy you have this stuff at all... I don't use it and I don't need it, so I don't comment on it... anyone see a parallel in that?

• JoeM and TagSnapper like this

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

I completely agree with this! GTA SA had the best cheats ever!
Cheat Codes used to be fun.

• TagSnapper likes this

tr3vor5000
  • tr3vor5000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Just be thankful of having any cheats at all.

It could be worse...you could have no console no TV no GTA 5 no food or drink..etc.

Stop being greedy :facedesk:We all have a TV, GTA 5, food, drink, house ,car etc.. BECAUSE ?....... we always expect better and want MORE from our products. It's American Capitalism at it's finest. IT CAN NOT be duplicated anywhere else in the world. So I say "Don't be thankful for mediocre results !! expect the best, NO demand it!  That's what Free Enterprise is all about."

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

OH GOD LIFE IS RUINED BECAUSE THE CHEATS AREN'T WHAT I WANTED.

DESPAIR.

DESPAIR.

MY LIFE IS SO HARD.

etc.

Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to promote this buffoon to a led-by?
  • Cutter De Blanc and Woll Smoth like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users