» «
Photo

Gang Attack Help Needed

10 replies to this topic
Smash_It_Up_007
  • Smash_It_Up_007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:58 AM Edited by Smash_It_Up_007, 31 January 2014 - 08:03 AM.

Edit : OK, I just realised that I should have posted this in the gameplay forum. (Wasnt paying attn)  If a forum Mod would like to move it there for me, I'd welcome it !!!

-----------------

Hi guys, hopefully someone can answer this. There is a gang attack that i am having trouble with, problem is that I cant kill the one remaining enemy, because he appears to be hidden inside a wall. He can shoot me through the wall / floor of where he is hiding, but I just cant get to him.

Its the one in Cypress Flats / Murrietta Heights in the SE part of LS. This is the second time its happened, although ive done this attack several times with no problems.

I can see where the bullets come from, through the floor of the overhang above (see pic below, hes under the word 'banks' in the bottom pic) but I can see him or hit him with any weapons. i've tried going up the ladder on to the walkway to get to him, but the doors nearby dont open and if he is inside a room or whatever, i dont see any way to get to him. Also included 2 pics of the GA location

Hopefully someone has had this before and worked out what to do, or maybe its just a glitch, like in GTA IV where players could hide in walls and shoot other players, its similar to that it seems.

thanks for any help !

v3dr.jpg

9jei.jpg
q22q.jpg

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

yikes man, havent seen that happen before...

have you tried sticky bombs? what about tear gas trying to make him move?

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

yikes man, havent seen that happen before...

have you tried sticky bombs? what about tear gas trying to make him move?

This is what i suggest too. In RDR when a similar thing happend to me I used dynamite and it killed the glitched npc. On RDR some npc in Pike's Basin glitched in to the mountain wall.

Same thing as this i guess. Try to bomb him or smoke him out ;)

statistic
  • statistic

Playa

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Did you go up to the next level?  I sort of remember something like that happening there, I tried a few stickies and stuff, didn't work.  I went up the first ladder and couldn't find anyone.  Went up another ladder and there was one guy on the top roof up there.  

Smash_It_Up_007
  • Smash_It_Up_007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for the replies. I actually didnt get to finish that particular instance of GA because 2 douchey players came along in a car and started killing me, and no matter what i tried, i couldnt kill them, they were invincible, so i took off and left it. (Dunno why players do that)

Later however, in a new session, i did that same GA again and it went fine like most times before. If it happens again though i will try the suggestions mentioned. Next stop, Ammunation for tear gas. !!

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Try moving around to get him to respawn

Dexter Rattlehead
  • Dexter Rattlehead

The Dark Passenger

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

This happened to me but in the gang attack on the bottom of that map. An enemy was glitch inside a wall. I left and came back a day later (in-game time) and it was okay.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

This happened to me in almost exactly the same place.  You're right OP, that enemy has spawned within the building. Explosives don't work, even if he is next to the wall.  The only thing for it is to repeat the gang attack, I'm afraid.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

It was mentioned in another thread that you can call 911 to summon the police to fight the gang for you.  They might be able to shoot the enemy glitched inside of the wall.

Smash_It_Up_007
  • Smash_It_Up_007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

It was mentioned in another thread that you can call 911 to summon the police to fight the gang for you.  They might be able to shoot the enemy glitched inside of the wall.

Ahh thanks I'll look at that next time if it happens again

This happened to me in almost exactly the same place.  You're right OP, that enemy has spawned within the building. Explosives don't work, even if he is next to the wall.  The only thing for it is to repeat the gang attack, I'm afraid.

have done it several times since and its been fine, probably just a random glitch

This happened to me but in the gang attack on the bottom of that map. An enemy was glitch inside a wall. I left and came back a day later (in-game time) and it was okay.

Weird, this is the only one that it has happened to me so far. Hasn't happened again yet though.

Try moving around to get him to respawn

I was doing that when the 2 other players came and started shooting at me. I was going around the back of the building, out into the street, then back again and the guy was still hidden. I gave up in the end cos the other players wouldnt get lost and leave me to my thing.

Smash_It_Up_007
  • Smash_It_Up_007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

Happened to me again last night. I climbed up on top of where he was 'hiding' and called the cops. Even they couldnt kill him, he kept killing them !!

I called them back about 4 times and eventually i got the Gang Attack Passed on screen. I dont know if the cops got him or if the game just decided to kill him.

I've noticed that both times the glitch happened I entered the attack from the street and over the wall through the fence gap, and stayed in that corner while picking each of the gang members off. If I join the attack from the other side where the tracks are, it doesnt happen. Weird.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users