Patched as of 1.12
This method still works as of patch 1.11, however you must now either join a friends invite only session or join an open lobby when bringing the vehicle online in step 8.
For those of you who are going to say "stop posting threads like this you're ruining the game". No Rockstar are doing that themselves.
Anyway. I'm just here to clear something up. These vids on youtube made by 'famous' youtubers are a load of rubbish.
They just watch each others vids and rip each other off and don't really go into what makes a certain glitch work.
Every vid I've seen this week has been some sap driving up to the LSC shutter, treating it like a magical portal into an unknown universe and driving two wheels into the garage or ramming the car against the wall.
This is all rubbish. You do not even need to go near there. You can do this glitch next to your apartment...or if your chosen vehicle is bigger...like mine
[SHOULD SHOW CHROME CARGO PLANE IN ONLINE AT SANDY SHORES - LINK BROKEN SINCE I DELETED SOME PICS TO MAKE SPACE]
then you're gonna have to go to sandy shores.
So in essence the way it works is the same as the vids have shown...however LSC has nothing to do with the glitch. I'm on PSN btw.
Pre-requisite for doing this- make sure all your cars are in your garage, impounded or destroyed. It is not essential but sometimes I come back into online and I'm in that 'cut scene' where my guy is driving around in the rough area I left in multiplayer. You don't HAVE to do this but it just makes sure you don't enter the cut scene. Alternatively, just make a point of getting out/off your car and walking away a bit before leaving online.
1) Go to a location online where your chosen vehicle will be able to spawn comfortably. If it's a car then a road near your apartment will be fine. Set your spawn location to 'last location'.
2) Press down on the d-pad and switch to the character you have saved the car with. If the car is a general car like a Police Crown Victoria then it doesn't really matter who you swap to. This step allows you to 100% have your online spawn location in the area you were last in.
3) If you are new to this glitch, set up an invite only session. However, you can press down on the D-pad and select your player again to enter online - but I advise against this since you will probably get blown up by a w==nker in a tank.
Once you're online (this step can be seen on most of these crappy youtube vids), press start, go to the PS store and when the sky cam zooms out furthest/flashes a third time, press the PS button and sign out of your account.
Suggested by Gtarmanrob, confirmed by me. Just wait for the Store to load. Don't need to worry about the flashes (Something else which has nothing to do with the glitch), just sign out once the store has loaded.
5) Do NOT sign back in yet. The game will kick you out of online and force you to return to your last played character.
6) Whilst in single player. Retrieve the car you would like to use in multiplayer.
7) Drive it to the location where your player was standing in online. It doesn't have to be on the spot. Just so the vehicle won't despawn when you get to it. Do not exit the vehicle.
8) Sign into PSN and
start up an invite only session. If your friend has set up an invite only session then you can join them or even just join an open lobby...however you run the risk of god mode-ers in tanks blowing everything up because they grew up in a broken home, their mum doesn't love them and their facial hair is longer than their willy and that's very short considering they have only stubble.
9) The vehicle should be where you left it when you return to online.
I know you probably all know this but I'm tired of these youtubers who are just useless copying eachothers work WHICH IS WRONG ANYWAY. It's having a maths exam and copying the guy who thinks 1 + 1 = a window.
My vehicle has not spawned.
You've either backed out before the third flash/PSN store loading or have placed the vehicle too far from your online spawn location.
My player is spawning in a different location.
This sometimes happens. Try and find another location then follow steps 1 to 3 again in order to truly 'reset' your last location. I have no problem doing it outside my apartment (dunno what it's called, it's the one near the FIB and IAA buildings).
I want to copy everyone elses broken methods and be a nOObTuber but I can't bring myself to that level of parasite, help!!
Good on you! Keep it that way.
NOTE: I'm not a Youtuber. I'm just a firm believer in 'If you're going to do something. Do it properly'. This probably seems like a lie due to the quality of the post but this was more of a rant than a tutorial.
I can see my car, but my friends/recipient can not. I.E. The imported vehicle is invisible to them.
This has happened to me at times also. I haven't got a confirmed fix for myself...it seemed to just appear, however three people have suggested the following methods which have worked for them and which might work for you. Thanks to Camsterguy, negspec and Gtamanrob for these suggestions:
1) Drive into a blue marker and exit the vehicle to initiate the job. When the host/join screen is displayed, back out and the car should become visible near by.
2) Accept a job from a contact (Gerald, Lester etc) when the screen to set the difficulty is displayed, exit and the vehicle should become visible to other players
3) Find a cargo bob and attach it to the imported vehicle. The car may became visible to all the other players in the lobby
Hope it helps you guys.
Some of my favs:
[SHOULD SHOW BLACKED OUT MARKED POLICE BUFFALO W/ FULL UPGRADES AND NOS - LINK BROKEN SINCE I DELETED SOME PICS TO MAKE SPACE]
[SHOULD SHOW IMPONTE PHOENIX WITHOUT WING (ONLY ACQUIRED VIA HEX EDITOR) - LINK BROKEN SINCE I DELETED SOME PICS TO MAKE SPACE]
[SHOULD SHOW UNMARKED CRUISER WITH NOS- LINK BROKEN SINCE I DELETED SOME PICS TO MAKE SPACE]