Saves Won't Load: "Check Your Hard Drive"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic
gremlinkurst
  • gremlinkurst

Old Hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by gremlinkurst, 31 January 2014 - 12:28 AM.

I recently had to reformat my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine, making sure all my drivers were up-to-date, but my previously backed-up [non-Steam] saves refuse to load. I have used backed up files such as these with this game, but this time they won't work, and the game forces me to start the whole story all over again, and it's really chapping my hide because I'm pretty far into the story.

GAWLDANGIT! I made the mistake of attempting to enter a unicode character, and Firefox interpreted the keystrokes as, "submit and go to home page." The redirect I noticed, but not the submission, intending to try XLiveLess before I complained and cried for help. All I had to do was dump a DLL in the installation directory and move my saves to a Documents subdirectory, which made this post superfluous.

...So this thread should be locked, but I'm still having video issues as described in "Stuttering & Shivering."

Closed-sign-blogs.nvcc_.edu_.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users