News : Hackers Have Returned With Money Lobbies

232 replies to this topic
marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I don't need it.  If i do need quick cash i'll do a few missions in my Buzzard.

Did you buy that with gifted money though?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:11 AM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 30 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 30 Jan 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

G37, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:G37, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:G37, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:G37, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:G37, on 30 Jan 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:RAS_ZeroZ, on 30 Jan 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

I hope so... my Chradder money is at $3.5 million down from $10  :(  Need a little infusion of cash!

Does anyone even put any effort in to play this game anymore? Stop playing then. Woe. Is. You.

I do missions all of the time and a lot of parachuting but when I'm having fun in free roam I like to toss a lot of grenades/stickies/etc... and I like to change colors on my vehicles when I'm bored.  Or if someone asks I'll mod a car for them (did that twice yesterday). 

I'm playing the game... it's the prices that are BULLsh*t :)

edit: WOops, I forgot.. we're supposed to buy cashcards for all of that LOL

So what your sayin is your inability to budget is a conspiracy towards cashcards???

Seems in two weeks youve spent more tHan I have in 2 months... Go figure who cashcards are aimed at, peeps who spend more than they earn. Since the wipe ive actually tripled my bank balance (500k-1.5m) without sellin chrome adders (I never had room for them anyway) simply by playin the game... And ive changEd paint on 4 cars, fully modded a shafter and a sentinel aswell as usin about 50 stickies, 40 nades and a fair chunk of ammo

if you cant control your excessive spendin thats not because of microtransaction availability... But your financial ineptitude

if you need financial aptitude to play a GTA game you know R* did something wrong

so its rockstars fault that you cant figure out spending more than you earn will mean you run out of money... or that you have to buy your fecking guns and ammo and manage a budget...

you can defend ignorance as much as you like... doesnt make it right.. you can abdicate responsibility, doesnt make it rockstars fault tho...

in any game where you buy things, there's a balance with spending and earning... not getting that right is kindegarten maths.... did you think it was ID software's fault that you ran out of shotgun ammo on Quake because of limited pickups on that level? Or is is Eidos problem that you only had that pistol to kill the first bear in TombRader... nope.. its just part of the game, if you dont like it, play a different game.

maybe the world is becoming a little Ritalin dependent if you cant spend time making money because your so obsessed with spending it, if that's the case GTA aint for you

since when are gta games supposed to be about financial responsibility and fiscal management?

cuz as I remember they were just about stealing cars and beating up hookers

oh the good old days

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Furry_Monkey I have PMed you the link to the video. It has been released today.

Yeah, thanks for that.  It does look like someone running a modded console and they're just sharing massive amounts from jacking shops.  This has never been stopped, but could lead the modder to a console ban, and the money will most likely disappear soon anyway.

Would be nice to have it again even for a few days though :p

Rockstar now using checks for money shared / and money you got from modding , missions , bounties..etc

and added check for bounties , if bounty more then $9000 it will restore to $9000

if someone shared/gifted you modded money .

your money + his money will disappeared after signing out .

Ah okay - I didn't know it was when you leave the session, but that makes sense.  I thought maybe they'd just enforced a max amount for bounties and nothing else (which wouldn't surprise me).  Glad to hear they did the other money sharing methods too :)

• ace514 likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

Lol @ the "achievements/grinding" generation. You guys have no idea what content is.

To be honest its the developers that are lazy. Started playing gw2 again yesterday doing wvw, i spent sh*tloads on siege stuff and still made money by the end of the day.

When mmos are less grindy, you know you are f*cked.

Not saying money is impossible to make, but it's definitely not as fun as it should be.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

Good, but hopefully this time they only give money to those who want it(like me), if it's just a bunch of random give-aways spoiling others game i hope their console spontaneously combusts and burns their house down.

• ace514 and charleyefc like this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

Just make sure to spend it as you get it, full ammo, warstock etc, as it wont be hanging around ;)

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by mo-seph, 30 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

since when are gta games supposed to be about financial responsibility and fiscal management?

oh the good old days

pretty certain forever...

http://gta.wikia.com/Money

For progression into new cities or areas and storyline in Grand Theft Auto 1 and Grand Theft Auto 2, money must be earned to the point a certain amount is fulfilled, often in millions.

How short the memories of gamers can be.....

• Pigeon420, Xyn, LuapYllier and 2 others like this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

And this is why DLC cannot be released.  Hopefully these fools get hit by a bus for their sins.  I for one am sick fed up of these morons ruining the game for everyone else.

• Bitaktus likes this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

And this is why DLC cannot be released.  Hopefully these fools get hit by a bus for their sins.  I for one am sick fed up of these morons ruining the game for everyone else.

If R* weren't greedy little piglets with their cash card garbage you mean...

• BigBrother67 likes this

ripped condom
  • ripped condom

teaching young girls how to go be hoes

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

any one doing one now that can inv me?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Do you think that if there were no cash cards involved then R* would just have ignored the billions of false money and carried on working on DLC?  They still would have had to fix the issue in order to balance the game for everyone.

• Xyn, Punkdaz, Rinsaf and 1 other like this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

dont forget to move the needle back when your done...

tumblr_lyrye8eeCb1qddk8uo1_500.gif

• Punkdaz, Rinsaf, SAUL_SILVER and 2 others like this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Not in the least.  R* are a business so moaning about them making money of their product is quite pointless.  You don't need hacked cash, just earn it legitimately and don't go round wasting what you earn.  R* left me with $550,000, I now have $2 million.  Sold an Adder for just under $700,000 and the rest is from survivals and missions.  If I raced, entered deathmatches, capture or LTS my earning would be higher.  No need to cheat.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Do you think that if there were no cash cards involved then R* would just have ignored the billions of false money and carried on working on DLC?  They still would have had to fix the issue in order to balance the game for everyone.

Yeah, I'd agree that they would spend *some* time trying to fix them sure, but it wouldnt have become their only focus. As anyone can see, their main and seemingly only priority is and has been to keep their cash cards viable. Thankfully, that's never going to happen.

Oh and to anyone pointing at the beach bum lolfest, as if that was a focus of the dev team along with the glitchers, I'd remind them that content was created before launch and held back to give the dev team breathing room to actually finish heists etc

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Swings and roundabouts.

Justifying hacking due to delayed content and cash cards whilst R* are not releasing new content due to hackers slowing development...

Two wrongs don't make a right

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:55 AM Edited by marco-polo, 30 January 2014 - 11:56 AM.

Swings and roundabouts.

Justifying hacking due to delayed content and cash cards whilst R* are not releasing new content due to hackers slowing development...

PR manager for Rockstar who just signed up?

• JackyT likes this

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Swings and roundabouts.

PR manager for Rockstar who just signed up?

Nah, been playin since day 1, and stalked forums, first time poster, long time troll appreciater

I admittedly haven't given GTA more than an hour of my time in the last month, having worked hard and filled my garage with the cars I want, and got 3 mil in the bank, I was gearing towards heists, but now my crew has mostly disappeared, due to boredom. I am very much sick of googling for the latest GTA news hoping to hear of something new, and I just think self-righteous hackers are doing nothing but ruining the game for everyone.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 30 Jan 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

oh the good old days

QuoteFor progression into new cities or areas and storyline in Grand Theft Auto 1 and Grand Theft Auto 2, money must be earned to the point a certain amount is fulfilled, often in millions.

up untill they came up with all this second life like BS and money sinks money in gta was little more than a score counter

you had to reach a certain score in order to get access to the whole city

sure technically you earned money and could spend it on a few select things

but you can't really compare the "economic" systems from previous gta's with this one

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Prepare for getting randomly gifted cash by the modders then buy chradders, so in the next sweep. You're gonna sell it all.

(srsly, CASH CARDS)

• Rinsaf likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

taking all the money away took all the fun away as well. what about people like me who just want to explore and have fun in free roam? Nope can't do that, gotta do crappy races and missions with dickheads who crash into you for an hour to last you about 5 minutes of fun in free roam. Greed

Assuming your idea of fun in freeroam is to run around and kill other people (since exploring and having nonlethal fun does not cost anything) your saying it is ok for other people to have to endure your "dickhead" antics but not for you to have to endure someone elses antics in a mission or race?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

When this thread started I joined some guy doing Coveted .. over and over and over again.  It's pathetic.   I couldn't take it anymore after 8 or 9 missions but he was determined to do 100 Coveted tonight.  I don't know how long that will take but I feel for him... how pathetic that people are forced into that situation.  And that's not the first time I've seen that.

No one forced him to do that. Completely his choice...just like you chose that 8 or 9 was enough and I have never even done that mission. Game is perfectly functional without grinding.
Rockstar gave choice...if you choose to be a hampster on a wheel in a cage thats your own problem.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

mo-seph, on 30 Jan 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 30 Jan 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

oh the good old days

QuoteFor progression into new cities or areas and storyline in Grand Theft Auto 1 and Grand Theft Auto 2, money must be earned to the point a certain amount is fulfilled, often in millions.

up untill they came up with all this second life like BS and money sinks money in gta was little more than a score counter

you had to reach a certain score in order to get access to the whole city

sure technically you earned money and could spend it on a few select things

but you can't really compare the "economic" systems from previous gta's with this one

theres a darwinian concept called evolution..

without it you wouldnt have thumbs to even play a console based game...

or GTA would still look like this

Screenshot-GTAuto-1-1.jpg

TLDR: if you dont like it, play a different game...

• A Maned Wolf and Gabi_Gatillo like this

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

I think if you're writing 5-6 paragraphs on how not managing your money properly will make you broke, you're admitting subconsciously that there's a problem with the game economy. It shouldn't be that serious.
  • Governator, RAS_ZeroZ and BigBrother67 like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

This is a first.  I've not seen any threads on this forum become too serious or argumentative before.

• mo-seph likes this

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Cool. The money gets removed automatically. Sweepy sweep.

ummm no it's not, R* need to do another maintenance if they want to remove money, and as for players being banned... unlike DNS lobbies this method is not traceable, bans will only happen is someone is narked on & investigated.

them getting billions doesn't impact me in anyway so they can hack all they want.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

I think if you're writing 5-6 paragraphs on how not managing your money properly will make you broke, you're admitting subconsciously that there's a problem with the game economy. It shouldn't be that serious.

I havent worried about money, ever, in this game. I know I want something, I play the game, I wait for the money to build, I buy the thing I want. It has not been a problem. I have continuously gained money even while spending on ammo and deaths and insurance and all the other normal stuff. You just have to not spend like a retarded redneck winning the lottery or a hoodrat suddenly getting proffessional sports pay. They always end up broke.
  • Ace Slims likes this

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

where is the proof that DLC is delayed because of hackers? has R* actually stated this? as far as i am aware the dev team fixing bugs/glitches/hacks is NOT the same team who is designing DLC.

• Bluesun62 and mo-seph like this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Back on topic... that definitely sounds like a modded console... the very first cash shares used the exact same method and console bans wont really change that either, the modded console is an offline, using a game save transfer to un-modded console.. so the root (offline modded console) cant be got rid of... only way they could is to patch in the same way they did with the bounties so that even modded payout code on a modded savefile gets limited to a "max value" while online

Rubbish, for GTA Online you need to be online to add money to your character. Using a JTAG or otherwise offline will only work for single player.

Shazam Rises Again
  • Shazam Rises Again

GT: Shazam In a Can

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Why would money hacks delay dlc? Rock star made a f*cking billion dollars for this game. Do you know how much a f*cking billion is? I doubt they have one f*cking dude working on dlc and fixing exploits. Imho heist are already done and rock star wont release them til the cash card quota is filled.
  • Rinsaf likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:28 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 30 January 2014 - 01:29 PM.

Cool. The money gets removed automatically. Sweepy sweep.

ummm no it's not, R* need to do another maintenance if they want to remove money, and as for players being banned... unlike DNS lobbies this method is not traceable, bans will only happen is someone is narked on & investigated.

them getting billions doesn't impact me in anyway so they can hack all they want.

They've put something in place that removes hacked money automatically - no sweep is needed.  Someone posted further up in this thread that it takes place when you end your session, so you can spend while you stay online but that's it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users