IMG manager problem. Anyone else? Corrupting models

9 replies to this topic
YoungDragonSD
  • YoungDragonSD

SSJ4

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

Okay first of all I'm using XMen's IMG Manager 2.0. ( I don't know of another that handles up to 4GB yet and have not gotten Fastman's IMG Limit adjuster to work so i can work with smaller imgs)

I've contacted xmen and He's never encountered the same problem as me before. That is why I posted it as strange problem, as it is uncommon

Problem: I've modded every single character in game and most cars. I check each one of them if they work afterwards and rebuild archive. All of them work but when they are collectively in there together it seems that some will crash. I'll locate the crashing model with a spawner and then correct that specific one. THEN another that was working just a second ago will crash! I look at the issue like a very obese woman squeezing into a dress. Every time she manages to cover her breast, her ass pops out and then shes tryna cover her ass then pop! and vice versa. BUT my GTA3.IMG is at around 3.7 GB and I'm not pushing it to the VERY VERY edge like my example.

It won't even necessarily be the models or cars either. "CSPLAY" will crash and i'll know because cutscnes won't go. And i don't even modify it! SO i know it's not the models itself. when checking the corrupted model that crashes the TXD file will sometimes say (TProgressBar property out of range.)
And i have not altered it in anyway from the original. Sometimes the TXD will be fine and STILL crash. 

I really don't know what's going on here and it's a very disappointing matter that reoccurs often.

Maybe you guys could recommend a different img tool or maybe help me figure out why this happens. 

sorry to post so quickly but i just noticed... my member title is "player hater"? Why? 

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

I can just remember that i tried img manager 2.0 and it didn't work fine, can't remember what happend

also i saw that it is a beta

so my favourite img tool is still IMG Manager 1.5, works fine, only one disadvantage, can't handle *.dat files

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by LINK/2012, 31 January 2014 - 01:13 AM.

Maybe you guys could recommend a different img tool or maybe help me figure out why this happens.

Not a img tool, but will do the job very well ;)
http://gtaforums.com...eas-mod-loader/

/dat self-promo
  • Silent and aStiffSausage like this

YoungDragonSD
  • YoungDragonSD

SSJ4

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

Thanks Zaz, I've returned to the 1.5 version  for now and no problems as of yet. only thing that sucks is i can't have multiple imgs open at once but its better than doing all the work for corrupted files

Thanks Link/2012. I will be using the Mod loader and see how that goes. Appreciate the recommendation 

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

for multiple img opening i use my second fovourite tool: G-IMG but don't work for me on win7

YoungDragonSD
  • YoungDragonSD

SSJ4

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Ahh i got win7 too. Thats okay. I'll work with what i got. Great advice though

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

BOOM!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Use Alci's IMG Editor. It's really good.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

Don't touch a .img file again and use ModLoader.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Is here someone who can fix SAMI 1.1 net framework problem? :( 

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

BOOM!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Is here someone who can fix SAMI 1.1 net framework problem? :(

Just install that framework and it will work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users