Photo

Who's more Messed up in the Head: Trevor or Michael

34 replies to this topic
thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

I'd say they're about equal, they just have different ways of expressing their madness

Trevor is more impulsive and Michael is more calculating

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

Franklin is more f*cked up. I'm scared of that guy!
Just cool and calm killer who has no problems in murdering random people (Lester's assasinations) without questions or his best friends and STILL be able to sleep at night.

Trevor is openly crazy but shuts the f*ck up when he's caught off guard. Michael has that Tony Soprano type social disorder and anger issues but he's already getting help from his shrink and meds and pretty much cools the f*ck down when he is reunited with his family..and also about him getting his buddies killed, that's just a simple case of "bitchass-snitchitus"...

Frank on the other hand is so damned removed like f*ck! He don't chill with his boy Lamar as much anymore, after being dumped by his girlfriend he gets major depression, he's moody as hell and hardly smiles, he talks to dogs like they're the only friends he has because nobody would "understand" him and I'm talking full conversations, plus he spends his days lonely as hell in his mansion quietly ironing his t-shirts and eating potato chips. And when you switch to him and he is just sitting there quietly on his laptop, smiling, what is he doing on there? Typing his manifesto, that's what! And when you catch him getting out of bed or on the couch, he's really just finished plotting his next mass murder. And sometimes he walks out of a 7-11 and talks to himself ( cuz there's no one around) saying "man I'm gone before you take advantage". yeah he may sound all cool and sh*t when he's around his buddies and everything but when you see this nigga behind closed doors, there's something seriously off on that guy. Who knows what f*cked up sh*t is going on in his head.
  • thatGuyyy and Mightymomo22 like this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

You're asking the wrong question. Trevor's clearly much more unstable than Michael is. Michael has his issues, but he's obviously not unhinged in the way Trevor. Asking which one is the worse person would be more fitting. At a glance, Trevor seems like the obvious choice. But others have noted that for all his faults, Trevor is extremely loyal to those he considers his friends, while Michael is willing to backstab or manipulate his allies when pushed into a corner. This is illustrated by the endings, where Michael will help kill Trevor, but Trevor is disgusted that Franklin would betray the man who took him under his wing.

On another note, I feel the characters act like Michael is more psychopathic than he actually is. The way his family and therapist talk, he's a psychopath who revels in carnage. In reality, despite having a temper, Michael is usually fairly laid back, and while he's a killer it's shown on numerous occasions that he doesn't like collateral damage. Compared to some of the other GTA protagonists, he's down right cuddly.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:00 PM Edited by thatGuyyy, 31 January 2014 - 08:07 PM.

You're asking the wrong question. Trevor's clearly much more unstable than Michael is. Michael has his issues, but he's obviously not unhinged in the way Trevor. Asking which one is the worse person would be more fitting. At a glance, Trevor seems like the obvious choice. But others have noted that for all his faults, Trevor is extremely loyal to those he considers his friends, while Michael is willing to backstab or manipulate his allies when pushed into a corner. This is illustrated by the endings, where Michael will help kill Trevor, but Trevor is disgusted that Franklin would betray the man who took him under his wing.

On another note, I feel the characters act like Michael is more psychopathic than he actually is. The way his family and therapist talk, he's a psychopath who revels in carnage. In reality, despite having a temper, Michael is usually fairly laid back, and while he's a killer it's shown on numerous occasions that he doesn't like collateral damage. Compared to some of the other GTA protagonists, he's down right cuddly.

Michael isn't the cold killer everyone seems to think he is. He states numerous times throughout his therapy that he feels really bad for the destruction he causes and the people he hurts, he told Frank how remorseful he was that he backstabbed his friends to get to where he is. In the last mission he told Trevor he still hates himself. Whenever you kill peds he says things like "Im Sorry". When he hangs with his son he does his best to show that he loves him, when you talk to Tracy he always says he loves her, when you tak to Amanda he asks for forgiveness. When his family leaves him he's devastated. During the prologue mission when Trevor shoots the security gaurd, Michael yells "You didn't have to do that!". There's probably more I'm missing but you get the point. Unlike most GTA characters, Michael has a strong conscious. Sure he's a backstabber, but he isn't proud of it

Franklin is more f*cked up. I'm scared of that guy!
Just cool and calm killer who has no problems in murdering random people (Lester's assasinations) without questions or his best friends and STILL be able to sleep at night.

Trevor is openly crazy but shuts the f*ck up when he's caught off guard. Michael has that Tony Soprano type social disorder and anger issues but he's already getting help from his shrink and meds and pretty much cools the f*ck down when he is reunited with his family..and also about him getting his buddies killed, that's just a simple case of "bitchass-snitchitus"...

Frank on the other hand is so damned removed like f*ck! He don't chill with his boy Lamar as much anymore, after being dumped by his girlfriend he gets major depression, he's moody as hell and hardly smiles, he talks to dogs like they're the only friends he has because nobody would "understand" him and I'm talking full conversations, plus he spends his days lonely as hell in his mansion quietly ironing his t-shirts and eating potato chips. And when you switch to him and he is just sitting there quietly on his laptop, smiling, what is he doing on there? Typing his manifesto, that's what! And when you catch him getting out of bed or on the couch, he's really just finished plotting his next mass murder. And sometimes he walks out of a 7-11 and talks to himself ( cuz there's no one around) saying "man I'm gone before you take advantage". yeah he may sound all cool and sh*t when he's around his buddies and everything but when you see this nigga behind closed doors, there's something seriously off on that guy. Who knows what f*cked up sh*t is going on in his head.

LOL, probably the best post I've seen on these forums. Its true though, Frank never has issues with killing at all. When someone asks him to kill a person, his question isn't "why" it's "when?"

He's ice cold

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Franklin's kind of odd in that of all the GTA protagonists, he's the most apathetic when it comes to killing. He doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but he also doesn't seem to take any particular pleasure in killing. The other main characters you can see some measure of joy or regret, but Franklin? I get nothing from Franklin. I guess hood life will do that to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users