Quantcast

» «
Photo

OUTDATED Car INFO / liscense plate issues (Social Club)

Best Answer theGypsy, 30 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

Ok, here's how we got it to work;

Log on and start an invite-only session

Go to the vehicle you want the plate on

Set the plate

Click 'Customize'

Purchase Upgrades

Should ask you to confirm purchase of plate(s)

Go to online session, should now get a message that they're ready at LSC

Go to LSC and purchase.

Notes;

Seems we had to be online in the game when on the iFruit. Didn't work otherwise.

If you already have a plate in iFruit, switch to a different plate to trigger the purchase.

Once you have it unlocked, can just take other 9 cars to LSC to get the plate. No need to repeat the iFruit process.

Don't have a smart phone? - can use the progam called 'Bluestacks' for PC or the iFruit can be found in the Win 8 app store, (works better on Blustacks imo)

ADDED; I made a quick vid of the process on the iFruit side...

Give that a go, it worked for me... whole trick was being in an actual session when I purchased the upgrade via the app. Let me know if it works

Go to the full post

24 replies to this topic
DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:31 AM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 03:38 PM.

I need some help here, I checked my fruit app, and it says I have a custom plate, however when I go to gta online and check it doesnt have the option for a custom plate. It just wont show up.....any idea?

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:00 AM Edited by MantisFang, 30 January 2014 - 04:02 AM.

the cloud is a bitch

tumblr_mtltr09NaJ1rznvc3o1_500.gif

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

the cloud is a bitch

Its been this way since the start of the game though, idk why but everything finally updated, yet it still says one of my cars isnt lowered....so it keeps giving me the same license plate parts error.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

anyone else having this problem or one like it?

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Try unlinking, then linking your GT/PSN ID again.

Might help.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 03:34 PM.

Try unlinking, then linking your GT/PSN ID again.

Might help.

Well I went in the ifuirt ap, my license plate is set....however how do I get it on each of my 10 cars online? I went on gta after doing it to check and I didnt see sh*t...

I'll try linking and unlinking to see if it works....

edit: Ifruit app plate already set, I then unlinked and linked my account to my SC, then I went into gta online to check and still dont have an option for my custom plate. wtf...

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:36 PM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 03:42 PM.

Any other ideas? This custom plate option wont show online for me....help?

Is there some special way to put the custom plate on your car on gta online? I dont know how to do it, and it wont show up ingame....

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:50 PM   Best Answer Edited by theGypsy, 30 January 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Set the plate

Click 'Customize'

Purchase Upgrades

Go to LSC and purchase.

Notes;

Seems we had to be online in the game when on the iFruit. Didn't work otherwise.

If you already have a plate in iFruit, switch to a different plate to trigger the purchase.

Once you have it unlocked, can just take other 9 cars to LSC to get the plate. No need to repeat the iFruit process.

Don't have a smart phone? - can use the progam called 'Bluestacks' for PC or the iFruit can be found in the Win 8 app store, (works better on Blustacks imo)

ADDED; I made a quick vid of the process on the iFruit side...

Give that a go, it worked for me... whole trick was being in an actual session when I purchased the upgrade via the app. Let me know if it works

• DerpCat likes this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

How do I "set the plate" ? Its already showing as the custom name I have it as, but is there anything else i need to do? Also how do I order the plate for the cars? I dont have an option to apply it to the car in the app. Please explain a bit more :v

Set the plate

Click 'Customize'

Purchase Upgrades

Go to LSC and purchase.

Notes;

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:56 PM Edited by lordemperor, 30 January 2014 - 04:00 PM.

Here is a work-around I have used personally.

1. Be in-game in the car you want to add the plate to.

2. Order the license plate in the app along with some other minor change like headlights.

3. Get the text message in-game and go into LSC and complete the order.

Once you get it on one car it should become available as an option under Plate and you can buy it simply in-game for your other cars.

0_0.jpg

• DerpCat likes this

Peaches84
  • Peaches84

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Go to the mod shop and click on the "plates" option, should be there x

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 03:59 PM.

Go to the mod shop and click on the "plates" option, should be there x

Its not

Here is a work-around I have used personally.

1. Be in-game in the car you want to add the plate to.

2. Order the license plate in the app along with some other minor change like headlights.

3. Get the text message in-game and go into LSC and complete the order.

Once you get it on one car it should become available as an option under Plate and you can buy it simply in-game for your other cars.

I dont have an option to change or order a plate, I just see other stuff like armor and sh*t, where is the license plate ordering bit at?

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 30 January 2014 - 04:00 PM.

Here's what I do.

Get in the vehicle you want the plate for.

Pull it into LSC

Place your order in IFruit (make sure to change the livery of the plate)

Wait a few seconds.

Pull out of LSC.

Now, hopefully you will get the in-game text that says your order is ready.

Pull in, fill the order, and now you will be able to put your custom plate on any vehicle you drive in!

PS. Try clicking the little plate icon in the top right, then change the livery in that menu. Then confirm the order.

• DerpCat likes this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Place your order in IFruit (make sure to change the livery of the plate)

How do I do that? I dont know how to order a plate for my car.....explain more on this please

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by theGypsy, 30 January 2014 - 04:11 PM.

How do I "set the plate" ? Its already showing as the custom name I have it as, but is there anything else i need to do? Also how do I order the plate for the cars? I dont have an option to apply it to the car in the app. Please explain a bit more :v

Ok, again... if it is already showing, yer gonna have to pick another plate style/colour to get it to work when in FM.

Sooooo again... in iFruit

Pick the car

Go to plates and choose one not already showing as equipped

Now click on 'Customize'

At the top, there should be a 'Purchase Upgrades' button, or something like that.

If you did it right, you'll see a bill of sale sheet

Confirm the purchase.

Now, go to the online session you started and wait a minute or so.

You'll see a notification that your order is ready.

Go to LSC and purchase it

Want me to make a quick video 4 u?

• DerpCat likes this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 04:13 PM.

UPDATE: Okay I had to redo the plate color two times, change glass darkness and it finally showed up....It worked :3

TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED: THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH <3

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Yea sorry, it was the 'Order' button, not been there in a while. And yea, gotta mess with the plate style/colour until the order button becomes available.

The real trick for me, was being in a session (invite) when I did it. Wouldn't work otherwise.... nice APP huh?

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:25 PM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Yea sorry, it was the 'Order' button, not been there in a while. And yea, gotta mess with the plate style/colour until the order button becomes available.

The real trick for me, was being in a session (invite) when I did it. Wouldn't work otherwise.... nice APP huh?

The kicker is I dont even have an Iphone.....I used this app on my pc to do this. The thing that got me was being online in game when I did the changes. Thanks again everyone...

edit: The program is called BlueStacks for anyone wanting to know how I used the Ifruit app on your pc.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Moved this to troubleshooting

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

My iFruit app only shows the first 2 cars I had, while I have 10 now. The app is a piece of sh*t.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

My iFruit app only shows the first 2 cars I had, while I have 10 now. The app is a piece of sh*t.

try scrolling sideways....it should show the rest, but really all you need to do is set your plate on one car and your all set :V

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Ok, for others having issues, threw up a quick video to explain what I was talking about... You can see it in my original post, or here.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

try scrolling sideways....it should show the rest, but really all you need to do is set your plate on one car and your all set :V

Yeah, that doesn't work either. The app thinks I only have 2 cars. But I'm waiting with putting something on my plate until I think of something really good.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Yeah, that doesn't work either. The app thinks I only have 2 cars. But I'm waiting with putting something on my plate until I think of something really good.

It shows 2 cars of your first and 2nd character. If you go to the garage bit, you can slide over on your cars.

• spaz926 likes this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

It shows 2 cars of your first and 2nd character. If you go to the garage bit, you can slide over on your cars.

Will try, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users