Quantcast

» «
Photo

Insurance setup cost should be triple what the car cost.

94 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

Capitalism i tell ya!

Carpooling would work well for grocery shopping, though i'd like to see an active fuel tank added so we can budget our expenses and work out where public transport would be useful.

Now this is the kind of thinking that we need more of, because at the moment nothing is seeming to happen.

You obviously have no idea how much real car insurance is or how it works.

My car (waiting for it to be delivered) is a Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Diesel 4x4 worth £28,000 (should have been a grand more but I managed to haggle them down)

My insurance is only £470 per year

My old car is only worth £3000 now although it's brand new price was £17,000 but because it's more of a 'boy racer car' it cost me around £950 a year.

You clearly have no idea how a sane conversation works.

The f*ck has your cars insurance got to do with the meta-game theory of how players behave in freeroam, and how the bad sport lobbies should be implemented?

Thespaz9
  • Thespaz9

Sweg Lord of Battlefield 4 and Ace Combat 4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

Does the OP even know what a car is?

No.

OP can't talk about insurance then.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

No.

I just did.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

No.

I just did.

No you didn't.  You blabbered on about some moronic idea in a failed troll attempt.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

No.

I just did.

No you didn't.  You blabbered on about some moronic idea in a failed troll attempt.

Right.

Insurance.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

So a 40,000 car would be more like a million with insurance? No thank you! 

You may want to work on your math a little. You're way off.
  • Sangers likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

Capitalism i tell ya!

Carpooling would work well for grocery shopping, though i'd like to see an active fuel tank added so we can budget our expenses and work out where public transport would be useful.

Now this is the kind of thinking that we need more of, because at the moment nothing is seeming to happen.

My car (waiting for it to be delivered) is a Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Diesel 4x4 worth £28,000 (should have been a grand more but I managed to haggle them down)

My old car is only worth £3000 now although it's brand new price was £17,000 but because it's more of a 'boy racer car' it cost me around £950 a year.

The f*ck has your cars insurance got to do with the meta-game theory of how players behave in freeroam, and how the bad sport lobbies should be implemented?

Well your talking complete bollocks, I simply thought I would give you a real world example of insurance.

If anything, insurance should not exist in a game where death lies around every corner. If LS was a real city, nobody would be able to insure anyone simply because the risk would be too high. Every insurance company would be bankrupt within a week.

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

We should also have to pay $1,000,000 a day for clothing insurance

• Sangers likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

Capitalism i tell ya!

Well your talking complete bollocks, I simply thought I would give you a real world example of insurance.

If anything, insurance should not exist in a game where death lies around every corner. If LS was a real city, nobody would be able to insure anyone simply because the risk would be too high. Every insurance company would be bankrupt within a week.

But this isn't a real city. Your entire point is pointless. Who cares how real insurance works in a video game. Christ.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

Capitalism i tell ya!

your idea wouldn't help much either, as people already complain enough about grinding as it is, and as personal vehicles are now a huge driving point in this game, raising insurance to a ridiculous price like that would just make things worse, possibly make a lot of people stop playing and not even look back.

while i have nothing against the whole "public transit" idea, it just sounds like you want it to be forced, and to some players, it'd just seem boring being forced to rely on an AI controlled bus. and i dont see many people wanting to WALK to a lot of places, as they're pretty widespread, especially on the countryside. plus, the reason you see many people driving around in supers and sports cars may be because of how fun they are to drive. not speaking for everyone, but i find speeding down a highway in a cheetah, or a corquette far more enjoyable than slowly creeping up behind an AI driver in a non-modded futo.

long story short, it's a horrible idea

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

R☆ clearly want it to be a "living breathing city" with all the mundane bits of real life thrown in with a splash of classic GTA to keep people playing. So again, your wrong.

I thought your OP was all about the way you cared about how the insurance worked?

Just sit down mate, you have nothing to defend here.

Kalel 813
  • Kalel 813

Last Son of Krypton

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

Great idea OP. Cant wait to grind coveted 68 times so I can afford a Comet!!!

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

R☆ clearly want it to be a "living breathing city" with all the mundane bits of real life thrown in with a splash of classic GTA to keep people playing. So again, your wrong.

I thought your OP was all about the way you cared about how the insurance worked?

Just sit down mate, you have nothing to defend here.

When the f*ck will you idiots learn the difference between your and you're?

Also, this insurance idea is the dumbest thing I have heard yet. No one would buy insurance obviously. You'd be retarded if you did.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

I wish they would've made cars a lot more expensive. 

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

None of you guys are seeing the full picture.

Not only would we need to buy more cars, but no one would ever save up for the cars, meaning no one would be driving around in these stupid f*cking super cars and every race you go into wouldn't be swarmed with super cars all the time because no one would ever think to buy triple insurance.

And not only would you spend all that money on it but when other people blow up your car they end up paying all this money.

No my friend, we see the full picture, what you don't seem understand is that it's a bat sh!t insanely bad idea.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

Dude, I'm on a forum at 3.45am I don't give a f*ck how I spell. You know what I mean.
and FYI, i'm on your side. The insurance should be left as it is. /thread
  • am30 likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

I wish they would've made cars a lot more expensive. 

The fact that people can purchase a 100k vehicle as their first car is pretty stupid, at least have beat up used cars that require you to take driver courses and display learner plates ffs.

Hotaru99
  • Hotaru99

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

BadIdea.jpg

• vince91 and Lamborghini1335 like this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

I agree that it would be nice to have the super cars be a bit more rare. Everything else is not well thought through. Public Transport huh? Walking around the vast map? What a fun game this would become spending your whole session just moseying along as a massive open target.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

was about to write a big flaming rant. then i saw OP is jack

• Jack Reacher likes this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

Dude, I'm on a forum at 3.45am I don't give a f*ck how I spell. You know what I mean.
and FYI, i'm on your side. The insurance should be left as it is. /thread

It's not spelling. It's grammar. It's the incorrect use of the word.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

LOL

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Jack Reacher threads.

9F Driver
  • 9F Driver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

hey while you're at it, how about everytime you hit a person on the street you have to pay for his/her funeral/medical bills.

and every tenth person you kill you have to attend their funeral that takes 20 in game minutes.

real enough for you?

• Sangers likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

hey while you're at it, how about everytime you hit a person on the street you have to pay for his/her funeral/medical bills.

and every tenth person you kill you have to attend their funeral that takes 20 in game minutes.

real enough for you?

It's not about realism.

I just think everyone would be a lot more relaxed if people walked around on the streets a bit more.

People always talk about how we treat each other so much worse in cars than we do in person. Why just last week I saw numerous topics complaining about how pairs of cars were running people over as they tried to get out of a store.

We all want a nicer, more lively GTAO. Together we can make the world we live in a better place.

We can start by not driving our cars anymore.

We can start by walking.

Take the bus.

You know I am right.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

real enough for you?

It's not about realism.

I just think everyone would be a lot more relaxed if people walked around on the streets a bit more.

People always talk about how we treat each other so much worse in cars than we do in person. Why just last week I saw numerous topics complaining about how pairs of cars were running people over as they tried to get out of a store.

We all want a nicer, more lively GTAO. Together we can make the world we live in a better place.

We can start by walking.

Take the bus.

You know I am right.

or just wait for the next Sims

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

real enough for you?

It's not about realism.

We can start by walking.

Take the bus.

You know I am right.

Yeah but walking in GTAO would just be way better for you.

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

こんにちは

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

I can barely keep my monies so how the f*ck am i suppose to cope with this sh*tty idea ? 

If R* plans to do something idiotic like, i'll find you and beat the stupidity out of you ok ?  :evilgrin:

Sorry but this is retarded, the only ones that could have PV's are the money glitching Half-inches who thinks they're legit in any way.

it would be unfair for us that actually does missions, races etc, etc, to get money 

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

Jack you are a hipster, and I will only attend other players funerals if Packie McCreary is there cracking jokes.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

This makes so little sense it's not funny. If insurance cost 3x the cost of the vehicle...NO ONE would buy insurance. You would just replace the car at full cost. f*cking idiotic.

Please think before you post. Insurance is optional.

This sounds right at first but think about it long term. What if someone blew up your car 5 times? You would have to buy it 5 times, that costs 5 million dollars.

However if you had insurance... you have it for life, and they lose money every time.

Now before all of you start pulling your faces out with complete and utter rage, I will agree that 3x the initial purchase price is well... a bit of a JOKE.

So maybe 2x the price. Or half.

f*ck I dunno the concept remains you do what you want with the numbers.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:56 AM Edited by OriginalCharacter, 30 January 2014 - 05:56 AM.

real enough for you?

It's not about realism.

We can start by walking.

Take the bus.

You know I am right.

Yeah but walking in GTAO would just be way better for you.

if by that, you mean make me feel like I wasted $60, then yeah

how the f*ck can you have Grand Theft Auto, with no Auto?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users