Quantcast

» «
Photo

Insurance setup cost should be triple what the car cost.

94 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

I think this would actually help out the whole meta-game that is free roam in a big way.

You will have to save up more money to really get the most out of owning a car. Want a million dollar super car? You will need to pay an extra 3 million for insurance, in total it will cost 4 million. 

This sorta gives the cars more value, people don't really have much to save up for so why not start like this. Now you can always buy the car without insurance if you are impatient and you could safely select it in races no problem.

However if you take it to freeroam, you will find yourself taking way better care of it and player interactions will now be more intense. This is a good thing, you just don't think so right now because you are f*cked in the head for thinking otherwise. I know my rights.

Destroying a guys adder and discovering he didn't have insurance after he tried to run you over would be so damn satisfying. It would be like, yeah bitch, its f*cking gone now wtf are you going to do. You would be sent to bad sport, and it would friggen mean something.

Destroying a guys adder and having to pay like a million dollars for it, essentially bankrupting you, would make you feel like a douchebag and the owner would get off on it. If he had no money then the insurance company should pay for it. Also tank owners should have to pay insurance I really don't know wtf R* was thinking there.

Moreover it would be cool to see people driving expensive cars because you know they really worked for it since they are so damn expensive. It would give you something to work for etc etc.

Discuss.

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:00 AM Edited by tomuk3, 30 January 2014 - 03:08 AM.

cfa44a40b0facac2e3be0cf8f9d9682996729588

• Rented, StormerBoy and Rinsaf like this

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

worst idea i've ever seen.. 

• Rented, Vooodu and StormerBoy like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Now Includes Respect List

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

stop

stop now

stop becoming one of them

i refuse to buy cash cards

• StormerBoy, Lamborghini1335, Rinsaf and 2 others like this

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society Representative

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

f*ck that sh*t

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

No more drugs for that man

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Please just stop posting. It would be great for all of us if you take a long vacation from the forums.
  • Thespaz9 likes this

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

OP is dumb.
  • Canibitch likes this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:08 AM Edited by mbhitman, 30 January 2014 - 03:10 AM.

This makes so little sense it's not funny. If insurance cost 3x the cost of the vehicle...NO ONE would buy insurance. You would just replace the car at full cost. f*cking idiotic.

Please think before you post. Insurance is optional.
  • Xyn, Thespaz9 and Scooter8299 like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

Discuss.

Terrible idea. :lol:

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

None of you guys are seeing the full picture.

Not only would we need to buy more cars, but no one would ever save up for the cars, meaning no one would be driving around in these stupid f*cking super cars and every race you go into wouldn't be swarmed with super cars all the time because no one would ever think to buy triple insurance.

And not only would you spend all that money on it but when other people blow up your car they end up paying all this money.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:14 AM Edited by OriginalCharacter, 30 January 2014 - 03:15 AM.

Not only would we need to buy more cars, but no one would ever save up for the cars, meaning no one would be driving around in these stupid f*cking super cars and every race you go into wouldn't be swarmed with super cars all the time because no one would ever think to buy triple insurance.

And not only would you spend all that money on it but when other people blow up your car they end up paying all this money.

so you want people to have to grind sh*tloads more just because you want them to drive generic NPC cars?

also, this idea wouldnt stop supers being the majority choice for races

Weazur
  • Weazur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

I don't know about the insurance thing, but i would definantly be OK with a dramatic raising of prices for super cars.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

image-2.jpg

• am30 and dewtech_2008 like this

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

Oops I accidentally destroyed my buddies car

bye bye bank

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

so you want people to have to grind sh*tloads more just because you want them to drive generic NPC cars?

Well not only would they pay more insurance and drive more generic cars but people would find their time not even bothering with cars at all.

Some would start to ride the cycle more due to lack of garage space, others would simply walk. It would be so nice to see players walking to the store every now and then instead of having them drive around like hooligans. 

I believe a decent public transport system should also be in order. It would have to cost money of course.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

image-2.jpg

One of the best films of all time, and don't call me Shirley!
  • SAUL_SILVER likes this

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

then what would you do if that happened and the slot one glitch still happened? spend like 10 million to redo it? Just stop with this topic /end

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Oh Yeah That makes sense.....

really-are-you-78o654.jpg

• Lamborghini1335 likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Does the OP actually know what car insurance is?

Oh wait, troll thread.  Time for someone to post the obvious troll is obvious meme quickly followed by a series of in before the lock GIFS.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

then what would you do if that happened and the slot one glitch still happened? spend like 10 million to redo it? Just stop with this topic /end

The slot one glitch?

Is that some kind of glitch?

Thespaz9
  • Thespaz9

Sweg Lord of Battlefield 4 and Ace Combat 4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

So a 40,000 car would be more like a million with insurance? No thank you! 

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

Well not only would they pay more insurance and drive more generic cars but people would find their time not even bothering with cars at all.

Some would start to ride the cycle more due to lack of garage space, others would simply walk. It would be so nice to see players walking to the store every now and then instead of having them drive around like hooligans. 

I believe a decent public transport system should also be in order. It would have to cost money of course.

well, now i can tell this is a joke

nevermind then

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

These responses are a perfect example of why no one in this day is satisfied with anything anymore, you all want everything for its instant purchase value alone and you all want it now. No one wants to put in more time to get something better. Its just streams of consumption flying around at higher and higher speeds.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

because days, prolly weeks of grinding just to afford a fast car in a video game = instant purchase

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

Capitalism i tell ya!

Carpooling would work well for grocery shopping, though i'd like to see an active fuel tank added so we can budget our expenses and work out where public transport would be useful.

• UnicornAssassin and Ezza. like this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:27 AM Edited by ChillerVapes, 30 January 2014 - 03:31 AM.

You obviously have no idea how much real car insurance is or how it works.

My car (waiting for it to be delivered) is a Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Diesel 4x4 worth £28,000 (should have been a grand more but I managed to haggle them down)

My insurance is only £470 per year

My old car is only worth £3000 now although it's brand new price was £17,000 but because it's more of a 'boy racer car' it cost me around £950 a year.

If I ever had to make a claim on either car, all I have to pay is £250 for the access regardless on how much money the actual total cost of the damage was.
  • LahTigre likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

because days, prolly weeks of grinding just to afford a fast car in a video game = instant purchase

I mean the value of the car as you purchased it, the value that comes instantly.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

Does the OP even know what a car is?

• Thespaz9 likes this

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

• Members