49 replies to this topic
iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

Condemned 1 and 2.

f*ck me, I never got past the second mission of each game.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

DOOM0004.png

Doom_II_%28PC%29_50.png

this gotta be the scariest classic DOOM map. ever. :sui:

:panic: strongest two bosses in the DooM history. both at one map :panic:

although finishing this part is easy. hide behind the Cyberdemon (to the right) so the Spiderdemon (that brain on four mechanical legs) hit the cyber. latter will turn and fire at former. rest in pieces Mastermind. you're nowhere to our Cyber's strength :p

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Outlast, f*ck my life!

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

I will never understand how anyone can be scared by video games. Maybe if you were a kid, sure, but don't tell me a grown man would sh*t his pants playing the cheese-fest PS1 Resident Evil games.

• B Dawg likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

I will never understand how anyone can be scared by video games. Maybe if you were a kid, sure, but don't tell me a grown man would sh*t his pants playing the cheese-fest PS1 Resident Evil games.

It was just the technology and atmosphere at the time, man.

15-20 years from now, people will be calling Outlast and Amnesia pussy sh*t.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

While I enjoyed it, I didn't find Outlast scary at all. Nothing scares e about a big guy chasing you around.

Silent Hill, now they were scary. The whole atmosphere of the world and the dirty characters, but most of all the monsters. Some monsters were downright horrific, the fleshy bed frame with two writhing figures beneath still haunts me.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

Life, The game of life is by far the scariest thing imaginable. 

• badboy_zay likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

Well to me the game themselves don't scare me, but when you're trying to fall asleep later that night and you start to hear all kinds of noises after just having played a game like that, you start tripping balls. It's the same effect as with horror movies, but stronger. No one goes, DAYUM THIS sh*t IS SCARY during a movie, but afterwards when they cry theirselves to sleep, you'll know if it was scary or not.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

The first dead space game had amazing atmosphere and was scarier than anything i've played since then. It had the cheap jump scares sure, but everything from the eerie background noises/voices and whispers, to the lighting and the dark gritty interiors of the ishimura was excellent. It's a true masterpiece. 

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

You've obviously never played Amnesia: The Dark Descent in complete darkness, headphones on, and you're completely by yourself.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

plus, I was around 6 or 7yr when I was playing DOOM. maybe still to now but....I started playing the series on the PS1. now I play DOOM II on my small laptop.

anyways DOOM I never scared me. it just confused me really. DOOM II on the other hand.....

:panic: it used to scare the sh*t out of me when I was a kid. worse when 99% of the monsters were hiding behind stuff. just the Arachnotron's walking sound creeps me out (even now)

doom_ii_monester_infighting_by_legendofs

old me, when I get inside, I was like....WHAAAAAA!!! DIEE!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! *die from crying*

now me, when I get inside, oh hello Cyber! will you shoot your friend Baron so he can shoot you back? *monster infighting begins. Cyber dies* oh hey! welcome angry Barons! now will you excuse me while I kill you?

3 minutes later, the room is clean and no one is there anymore.

• Fireman likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

I agree about Dead Space. It's not as scary as Silent Hill, but it's got some really creepy parts. The divider necromorphs are especially freaky, and I like how you'd occasionally come across a survivor who's gone completely mental.

Dead Space 2, while more action than horror, still has some scary parts. I thought the return to the Isimura in chapter 10 was quite unsettling. It was just too quiet.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

I actually beat Dead Space.

Good game.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 23 February 2014 - 07:57 PM.

I actually beat Dead Space.

Good game.

Playing that game in the dark with headphone on. Really intense:)

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Nigerian Prince

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Twisted metal on ps1, hated that f*cking clown...

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Watching my brother play Doom on the original XBOX.

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

• ten-a-penny likes this

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Resident Evil 3. I was small back then when my older brother was playing it in front of me at night. I remember one time when he was playing it and we suddenly heard the sound of something hitting the floor strongly in the upper floor. That was a terrifying experience.  

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Fear Files
Scary as sh*t

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:59 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 24 February 2014 - 02:00 AM.

Well to me the game themselves don't scare me, but when you're trying to fall asleep later that night and you start to hear all kinds of noises after just having played a game like that, you start tripping balls. It's the same effect as with horror movies, but stronger. No one goes, DAYUM THIS sh*t IS SCARY during a movie, but afterwards when they cry theirselves to sleep, you'll know if it was scary or not.

I used to be like that as a kid but not nowadays. The game that scared me the most when I was about thirteen years old was Resistance: Fall of Man, believe it or not. Those skinny Chimera in the second mission that walk slowly towards and leap on you scared me back then, enough for me to lose sleep over them. But now that I'm nineteen, I find the idea of getting scared by a game preposterous. At the most, I find that games can create a creepy and dreadful atmosphere, like Dead Space for instance, but I never find myself truly scared by them.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Watching my brother play Doom on the original XBOX.

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

DOOM I or II?

for me DOOM I isn't scary. I never cried when I was a child while playing it on the PS1. II on the other hand.....

maybe because I never fought any Arachnotrons? since these guys are the scariest.....

I just remembered. the Lost Souls did used to creep me out. but these frustrating things are rare in DOOM 1 or at least in the stages that I've reached. I never played DOOM II without crying because these things were all over the place in said game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users