Photo

Scariest game you've played

49 replies to this topic
OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Mine would either be Outlast or Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I have played the beginning of Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs and thought the beginning was pretty creepy, but have yet to finish it.

Outlast

https://www.youtube....h?v=2GPf3MdVOKI

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

https://www.youtube....h?v=u1nY_5-UrY4

What's your scariest game you've played? If you can, put some gameplay/trailers up so we can see what it looks like.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

Resident Evil 2 when I was about 5 or so years old.

Johan
  • Johan

Super!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

Don't play a lot of scary games and it's something I would love to change in the upcoming years.

For now, my scariest game would have to be the first F.E.A.R, I don't think I made it more than 3 hours before I gave it a rest.. planning on playing it again really soon 

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

system shock 2

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Resident Evil 2 when I was about 5 or so years old.

Same here!! Except I was like nine.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

Six years old for me. Watching my brother play Resi 2 wasn't a particularly smart idea. 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

Clive Barker's Undying

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Also it was the troll Custom Story (Dark Room)... couldn't play the main story. I was too scared to even start. :p

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Conflict: Desert Storm.

Only because of the tanks. Hearing the treads move and just knowing that one could be round the corner ready to wipe out your whole SAS team was some white knuckle sh*t.

When everything is quiet and I lay in my bed, I can still hear the sound of a T-72.

I have to keep repeating to myself "I WILL find the SCUDs, I WILL find them."

True story.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Condemned 1-2

Dead Space

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Condemned 1-2

Dead Space

I forgot about the condemned 2, the bear scared me.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

The only horror game i've ever played was Outlast. and yes it was f*cking scary.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

ObsCure was quite scary and it followed the default high school with monsters-story which you think can't be scary, but then it was.

And yeah, Amnesia

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

The genre of games that I play are not really classified as scary so sorry if this list looks pathetic:

-GTA San Andreas
-GTA IV

San Andreas was not really frightening, it was more creepy and weird. Not the story mode, but the countryside and the whole myth hunting vibe you get. There we so many rumors and so much unexplained sh*t.

IV was creepy because I've watched an untouched video of a guy exploring the subway system under Lower Easton, and some really freaky sh*t happened. There was a fairly rich looking young female just standing by a dark wall deep in the subway. She was where all of these railways intersect and that is where the hobos hangout. No matter what the guy did not flinch. He even punched her and she did not react. A shotgun blast killed him though.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by SoftTouch, 30 January 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Same, GTA SA and IV was pretty scary in some parts of the map. Although the scariest game I played was F.E.A.R holy f*uck that game was scary as hell. Then goes Outlast, that was another game, I didn't even finish both of these games. Too scary. Would never pick them up again. Although pick up F.E.A.R, really awesome game. One minute you're shooting bad guys, another minute you're in an elevator without lights with a creppy girl.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:42 PM Edited by Real_Badgirl, 30 January 2014 - 08:44 PM.

For me, its got to be Silent Hill 1, released way back in January 1999.

Here are the first few minutes of gameplay. There's a cutscene first, gameplay starts at roughly 2:40.

http://youtu.be/952NoFhRBGA

If you can get past the severely outdated graphics, I highly recommend it.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

The genre of games that I play are not really classified as scary so sorry if this list looks pathetic:

-GTA San Andreas
-GTA IV

San Andreas was not really frightening, it was more creepy and weird. Not the story mode, but the countryside and the whole myth hunting vibe you get. There we so many rumors and so much unexplained sh*t.

IV was creepy because I've watched an untouched video of a guy exploring the subway system under Lower Easton, and some really freaky sh*t happened. There was a fairly rich looking young female just standing by a dark wall deep in the subway. She was where all of these railways intersect and that is where the hobos hangout. No matter what the guy did not flinch. He even punched her and she did not react. A shotgun blast killed him though.

Where did you see this video?

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 08 February 2014 - 08:41 AM.

I think i'm going for condemned.
Especially that mannequin scene, that really freaked me out.

Human

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Life

But in all seriousness Resident Evil 4 scared me shartless.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

Project Zero/Fatal Frame 1,2 & 3 is probably the most "scary/horrifying" game I've played. Really creepy. 

Outlast, Amnesia, Condemned, Resident Evil 1,2 when I was young, Silent Hill. 

Looking forward to Outlast: Whistle Blower & Daylight.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Definitely PAC-MAN

I mean there's this rotund hero that is being chased by some very scary ghosts inside a hellish labyrinth!

-and to make matters worse, you cannot escape from the labyrinth!!! I mean you go out one of the exits, and you just end up in the other side of the labyrinth! The horror!!!

Playing this scary game game me nightmares when I was a kid, I can tell you. I still soil me breeches when I pass a PAC-MAN arcade!

• BaselA likes this

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

Ten Outta Fish

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:54 AM Edited by SatournFan, 07 February 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Not only it was scary, it was also atmospheric, and the plot was very well. The Machine For Pigs sucks near the original one.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 07 February 2014 - 02:26 PM.

DooM + DooM II, only 6/7 years old.....not a nice idea......

believe it or not.....the Lost Souls aren't scary, but I used to CRY when I see them! :lol:

can anyone here tells me what's the scary thing in a floating, flaming skull?

Lost_Souls_MAP20.png

I used (and still) hate those. but in the past, because they're scary. now? most FRUSTRATING enemy(s) in the DooM universe.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by OurJud, 07 February 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Oops, wrong thread.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by Redketman, 22 February 2014 - 11:05 AM.

For some reason I haven't played many horror survival games during my gaming career. I have sometimes said that I must try out Resident Evil etc, but that hasn't happened yet. I have played through some horror games though. Doom 3, Alien Trilogy and Saw for example. Doom 3 was quite scary; Alien Trilology too even though it's a quite old game. My favourite horror survival game game is Parasite Eve II but I don't consider it super scary or anything like that. But, it's a really interesting game, it's easily one of my favourite PS1 games. Some day I will test PS1 games like Resident Evil, Dino Crisis and Silent Hill and maybe some more modern horror game too. 

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

I'm not really into scary games,so I guess my choice is kinda "soft", but the game area that scared me the most was Ravenholm in Half-Life 2. The environment was really unsettling, and when you add the zombies/headcrabs,it made it even more creepy.

Dnero
  • Dnero

This Dick Ain't Free

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Recently? The first Amnesia and Outlast. 

Back then? The Fatal Frame series, f*ck everything about Japanese ghosts.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

Cookie Clicker, to think that I spent entire days of my life, clicking a virtual cookie. That's a scary thought.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Online.

Its not jumpscares, it makes you paranoid and scared of white dots :panic:

• ten-a-penny likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

The Resident Evil REmake for the Gamecube is pretty scary. It's essentially a shot for shot remake of the original game, just with better graphics and voice acting.

It was the very first survival horror game I ever played, and in my opinion, it ranks right up there with Silent Hill 1 as one of the scariest ever.

I also really want to play Condemned: Criminal Origins, but since I have a PS3 and no Xbox, I can't. While I could buy it for PC, I probably won't because I highly prefer console gaming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users