Rolled down windows after mission

16 replies to this topic
AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Alright, I'm probably not the first one to notice this. But maybe some of you noticed it too.

Every time I finish a mission and go back to freemode I notice the windows of my car have been rolled down. I'm not sure if the game does this to every car or not, but I saw it on my Tailgater before and now my Dubsta. I tried to find out how to roll them back up but it seems that it is not possible. D-pad > only changes the lights.

0_0.jpg

Even when I drove it in my garage the windows remained down:

0_0.jpg

So I tried to take it out again and see what happened, and they still were down. Eventually I changed session and the windows were rolled up again:

0_0.jpg

I was thinking it would be pretty cool if Rockstar implemented a way to roll your windows up and down. It would make sense to use D-pad > for it since it also puts the roof on and off cabrio's (and that includes rolling their windows up or down)

Thoughts on that? Or does anyone know why this happens?

DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

I never noticed the windows rolled down after missions before. I'll have to pay attention next time.  

I've always thought it stupid though that our characters would opt to break out their own drivers side glass to shoot instead of rolling the window down...   :blink:

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

This also happens with the topless manana

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Seems like it happens to all cars.

LordMarvel
  • LordMarvel

I like turtles.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Yeah, I've noticed them being down after missions as well. Happened to me when I was using my Schafter and Vigero. :]

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

This happened to my dubsta 2 as well. I thought the windshield and side windows had lost their limo tint so I took it to LSC but it said limo windows were still there.

When I joined a new session they were tinted/rolled up again.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

wierd lil bug,

for the OP you can opt to roll down your window... IIRC (no doubt someone will correct me) if you scroll through weapons until your unarmed then Hit L1/LB itll roll down you window so you dont smash it if you sticky/nade something.

not sure you can elect to roll it up again tho

• Malibu454 likes this

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

wierd lil bug,

for the OP you can opt to roll down your window... IIRC (no doubt someone will correct me) if you scroll through weapons until your unarmed then Hit L1/LB itll roll down you window so you dont smash it if you sticky/nade something.

You can not roll them back up. I have resorted to the Carbonizzare as the windows go up and down with the top

Otherwise limo tint is 60% pointless

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

wierd lil bug,

Didn't know that - thanks.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

When you flip the bird out the window it rolls em down w/o smashing the window.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Rolling down is possible as others have mentioned. What surprises me is how often people catch me flipping them the bird when they drive badly and I'm a passenger.

Buzzbox
  • Buzzbox

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:54 PM Edited by Buzzbox, 29 January 2014 - 03:54 PM.

Mash right and left stick to roll down the driver's window but you can't roll it back up.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by The Angel King, 29 January 2014 - 04:24 PM.

You can also roll the window down without having to select no weapon. Simply push down on both of your joysticks(for PS3, dunno about xbox). You also(at least I have it on this) set you char to flip people off. Sometimes you have to rotate camera view. 

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

You can also roll the window down without having to select no weapon. Simply push down on both of your joysticks(for PS3, dunno about xbox). You also(at least I have it on this) set you char to flip people off. Sometimes you have to rotate camera view. 

doesnt this (clicking both analogue sticks) depend on what "vehicle action" you have set.... as actions in the back/select menu differ depending if your on foot or in vehicle

i have mine set to "Dance" so i rock out the air drums when im a passenger.. set to snack on foot for quick health...

altho im gonna try and test this tonight... if a passenger goes unarmed and flips the bird.. does it roll down the passenger window too??

or is this just the driver side... ive never paid enough attention to the window to notice, i mainly jsut laugh at whoevers ramming the bird right in my face

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

doesnt this (clicking both analogue sticks) depend on what "vehicle action" you have set.... as actions in the back/select menu differ depending if your on foot or in vehicle

i have mine set to "Dance" so i rock out the air drums when im a passenger.. set to snack on foot for quick health...

altho im gonna try and test this tonight... if a passenger goes unarmed and flips the bird.. does it roll down the passenger window too??

or is this just the driver side... ive never paid enough attention to the window to notice, i mainly jsut laugh at whoevers ramming the bird right in my face

That is what I am saying, Just couldn't remember the exact option. It is the bird for Vehicle action. Yes you can also roll down the passenger window. If people do not roll it down and break my glass, I kick them out haha  I

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Aha.. Learn summat New everyday, I think the unarmed L1/LT option will be my preference, I like to rock out air drums to rhianna on nonstop pop... Wait did I say that out loud...

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Aha.. Learn summat New everyday, I think the unarmed L1/LT option will be my preference, I like to rock out air drums to rhianna on nonstop pop... Wait did I say that out loud...

Lol. I do it the way I do, because I set my weapons to mini or sticky and need it to be fast so I can roll the window down and blast soon as I need too. Always some asshat that needs a reality check.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users