» «
Photo

Alien Easter egg clue

31 replies to this topic
manjam5
  • manjam5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by manjam5, 29 January 2014 - 09:06 AM.

Hey, guys. 

I have my PhD in Astrophysics. I won't bore you with any of the details, but I have spent years of studying space as both a career and a hobby. 

I'm an avid Grand Theft Auto fan. I've been playing since around 02' or so. When I heard about the "Alien mystery" easter egg from a good friend, I was intrigued. A lot of what I read about the Easter egg corresponded with several concepts I learned while studying for my PhD. 

After reading about the Easter egg, I decided to go on a little "Alien" search of my own. I started in that bizarre little patch of rocks with painting on them. To the untrained eye it may just look like a hippy attraction with a few etchings in the stone, but I noticed something that I think nobody else noticed. When looking at one of the rocks, I noticed this sequence of numerals and letters etched into the stone: "6EQUJ5". That sequence is better known as the "Wow! Signal." The Wow. Signal is a powerful narrow wave radio band detected by a fellow from Ohio in the 70's.

Some of the leads scientists responsible for studying this phenomenon say that this strong of a signal could have been created by E.T.s or Extraterrestrials. The only actual scientific explanation that could come up with was some sort of a military frequency, but the military did not take responsibility for it.

As to why this is written in stone, I can't say for sure. There is no way in GTA V to pick up radio frequencies (Other than the Car radio) so I'm not too sure how we could possibly tune into the frequency. The only suggestion I have is that people fool around with the radio stations in their car in this area. I should point out though that in real life, this signal could not be detected by a car radio.

Here is a link for more info on the signal: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Wow!_signal

And here is the picture of the signal etched in the stone: http://tinypic.com/r/vra5o2/8

So with the information I gave you guys, any idea why this might be in the game? Notice anything else that corresponds to this clue? If you guys have any questions about this signal or abut your own theories, feel free to ask!

manjam5
  • manjam5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by manjam5, 29 January 2014 - 09:30 AM.

I know that other users have investigated this to no avail. But I'm carrying out a little experiment of my own on this hippy camp and the frequency. May have something to do with the Space buggy and the weather/time of day.

Edit: The colors used to paint the pictures at the "Hippy mound" are colors used on the microwave spectrum used to observe space from earth. Not sure if that helps anybody figure this thing out :)

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

To the untrained eye it may just look like a hippy attraction with a few etchings in the stone, but I noticed something that I think nobody else noticed. 

This is really old information.... and you are coming across as a tiny bit patronizing.....  :yawn:

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:28 AM Edited by tresshold, 29 January 2014 - 10:29 AM.

this has been beaten to death !!

the space docker and dune buggies has CB radio but only to receive.

there is a whole topic going on you might find it interesting.

http://gtaforums.com...lliad-mural-v2/

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:22 PM Edited by SMG, 29 January 2014 - 12:23 PM.

I know that you mean well and I appreciate your input but the Wow! Signal is well known and this reference has already been recognised. The only way that I can think of to tune into it would be with the Space Docker horn under certain conditions or pre-requisites eg: 3am Thunderstorm at the Hippy Camp after unlocking something else.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Has phd, can't use the search function.

• Corky McButterpants, dtsmucker, datsuperlemonhaze and 2 others like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Has phd, can't use the search function.

It's a PhD in Astrophysics, not common sense!  :rol:

• dtsmucker likes this

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

To Manjam5, I must say, jolly good read chap. Your op was a pure delight to read. I certainly enjoyed feeling like a wayward puppy being lovingly slapped across the snout for only chasing the ball and not inventing it. I made my butler remove my slippers and rub my feet as I read. At one stage I was so amused and intrigued by your post my monocle just fell into my mint julep..

I have a few questions, old bean, although I do have an instinct that they will see me quite banned. So rather I will ask only one question. What the f*ck?

• datsuperlemonhaze, dAfTpUnK2010, ~Tiger~ and 1 other like this

manjam5
  • manjam5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by manjam5, 29 January 2014 - 07:22 PM.

I didn't mean to offend anybody. I have a very mild case of autism and I tend to say hurtful things to people. I'm really not a mean guy. I was just excited to make the post, I didn't see that other people had followed the lead until I began searching for it on the GTA forum. Again, I'm very sorry guys. I'm wheel chair bound, so getting out of the house and interacting with people is a rarity for me. Most of the people I work with are just as bad socially as I am. I try my best to act normally, but sometimes it's really hard for somebody like me. 

I hope nobody holds this post against me. I feel really bad for it.

Edit: To the two guys at the top, thanks for the positive feedback. Next time I make a discovery, I'll post it in the right thread and I'll do a little more research on it.

• cremefraiche, Cutter De Blanc and Flafty like this

Crimie Marston
  • Crimie Marston

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

•  

Welcome to the forum & the mystery. Please join us in the Decode thread, your perspective and knowledge could help us out with identifying some things!  best to catch up by reading the thread first though! Complimentary tinfoil hats available at the door,  there is also an inhouse cult you can join dedicated to the mystery but its not recommended! Look forward to hunting with you

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Don't feel bad. I have Aspergers too; and we ain't none of us perfect!  :D

• cremefraiche, manjam5 and SmackDaddy70 like this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

any idea why this might be in the game? Notice anything else that corresponds to this clue? If you guys have any questions about this signal or abut your own theories, feel free to ask!

I have several theories as to why this is in the game... none have panned out so far, but at least two end with cut content.

There are some indicators in the game files that content was cut... how much and in relationship to what, is unknown at the moment, but if you play through the game you definitely get the feeling like you walked out to get popcorn when you shouldn't have and now you missed something...

In my personal view, there definitely were several missions that were cut out and shortened, so it would be no big surprise that whatever the Wow! signal is a clue to, may have been omitted from the game.

Personally I believe there may have been a connection to the satellite array in Grand Senora, perhaps an (alien oriented) mission that was to be triggered there...

There is a second Wow! signal clue scratched into the desert sand to be found in Grand Senora, so it seems there was a deliberate attempt to give importance to it... so it was probably not just some minor detail on the mound (incidentally that colorful area is often referred to as the "Hippy Camp").

Early on in the easter egg hunt (a couple of months ago) it was believed there may have been a couple of "Alien abduction" missions, since there are so many references and clues that might lead one to believe this was in the game... but aside from some "eye candy" nothing like this has been found.

There are some major spoilers to be had in these forums, so if you want to find stuff for yourself don't dig too deep... otherwise you should know... probably thousands of people have been picking away at this mystery for months to no avail... we have gotten to the point where actually examining the game's code and files seem the only hope of even confirming if there is more to this easter egg hunt than just static eye candy.

GTASherlock
  • GTASherlock

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:12 AM Edited by GTASherlock, 01 February 2015 - 12:13 AM.

Maybe this thread should investigate possible meanings behind the presence of the wow signal (unless there are active threads doing it already).

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

Where's the second Wow! signal?

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:25 PM

@Cutter - 1 @Probe Mt. (hippy camp) and the other is part of the Sand Glyph.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:36 PM

I don't know where the sand glyph is

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:12 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 02 February 2015 - 05:13 AM.

I can't really do it atm (work's websense taking care of it :(), but surely if you google "gta v sand glyph location" you'll have a lot of hits... 

Happy Hunt!

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

http://bit.ly/1zuqBZ5
  • Eram, jp9865 and auntjeff like this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

There quite a few areas that search into the mysteries in GTA.  If you find interest in it then you might want to join in the community hunts.

American Viking
  • American Viking

WKTT caller

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:38 AM Edited by American Alpha, 03 February 2015 - 05:38 AM.

The "Wow" Easter Egg is just that, an Easter Egg meant to be discovered. There is no more to it, just like there is no more to the mural on top Mt. Chilliad other than the reference of spaceships once 100% is achieved...but good luck convincing these glass half-full guys that it's not something to do with a jetpack. Everything that there is to be discovered in this game has been discovered.  

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

EVERYthing.....even the murder mystery in cg, solved and discovered before release.  There's also no more parodies or obscure references to be discovered, so stop looking, the guy above has spoken..end of subject.

• datsuperlemonhaze and jp9865 like this

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

I didn't mean to offend anybody. I have a very mild case of autism and I tend to say hurtful things to people. I'm really not a mean guy. I was just excited to make the post, I didn't see that other people had followed the lead until I began searching for it on the GTA forum. Again, I'm very sorry guys. I'm wheel chair bound, so getting out of the house and interacting with people is a rarity for me. Most of the people I work with are just as bad socially as I am. I try my best to act normally, but sometimes it's really hard for somebody like me. 

Edit: To the two guys at the top, thanks for the positive feedback. Next time I make a discovery, I'll post it in the right thread and I'll do a little more research on it.

Hey pal I for one enjoy people's enthusiasm to solving the mysteries in this game , you like everyone are using what tools you have at your disposal , ignore people who are jealous , you have worked hard to acquire the knowledge you have .

Off topic if everything came fr a big bang and is accelerating away from each other how do galaxy's manage to collide .

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

-snip-

Off topic if everything came fr a big bang and is accelerating away from each other how do galaxy's manage to collide .

There is no universe. We are all figments of the imagination of a giant whale falling to earth.
  • auntjeff likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

Because its not a collision..  Its a gravitational interaction... At times a galaxy no longer has the inertia to continue traveling after gravitational interaction..

• CanOdope likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Oh, man. Good times!

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

The game is 3D... 

2D - 3D - VR.

Who thought they were contributing while searching in 2D? I surely did, but now I know, and knowing is half the battle...

One of my most favorite songs of all time? That's right, Prince's "Purple Rain".

You have to want to find it.

• auntjeff likes this

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

I got a message the other day that a certain someone just arrived in Los Santos.  I would love to be able to hear some of his thoughts on here but I don't think we are quite to the point of not personally attacking each other...but you never know.  I just hope he keeps me in mind and throws me some good stuff to ponder....deep, shallow, metaphor, ....it's all good and I love reading it and pondering all of it.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

Are we referring to Ye Ol' Infamous One? LOL.

Honestly, (I'll probably regret this later...) having B around again would at least make this place interesting again...
  • auntjeff likes this

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

guys stop!!!! there are no aliens in san andreas and ther are no aliens in gta v!!!

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

Why do you care what how people use their time in a video game?

Your fear truly resides in yourself, not for us. Please find an E-Meter and audit yourself at the earliest convenient time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users