Help: GTA IV Won't Load My Saves

4 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

I recently decided to try out the GTA IV San Andreas mod and during installation it made a backup of my saves for the regular GTA IV. I don't know why, but I guess the mod needed to delete them.

Anyway, backing them up created these folders:

40635.png

Inside the first one:

40636.png

Then the following files were in the two containing folders:

40637.png

40638.png

And inside that second folder was these files:

40639.png

So I just decided to play it safe and moved everything from both backup folders into the saved game directory.

40640.png

And then when go to load up the game, not only does it not load my saves, it starts a new game. So then I went into the "Game" tab on the pause menu to load them manually, only to get a message saying that there are no saved games present on the hard drive.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

That savegames folder will only work if you're using Xliveless. If you have got rid of Xliveless, those saves won't work. You'll have to move them to the savegames folder located at C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

That savegames folder will only work if you're using Xliveless. If you have got rid of Xliveless, those saves won't work. You'll have to move them to the savegames folder located at C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

For some reason I don't have an AppData folder. Would it be alright to just create one and the subsequent folders within it?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Try this - start a new game, reach the first save point and save the game. This should automatically create the savegames folder in that particular location. You can then move your old savegames to this folder.

Or, if you're not too fussed about playing online, you can simply install Xliveless and the game should be able to load the saves from the savegames folder in Documents directory.

• WhatsStrength likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

I got it working! Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users