What was your first bad game?

104 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by AceKingston, 31 January 2014 - 05:14 PM.

JBanton, on 29 Jan 2014 - 4:43 PM, said:

GTA V. It's the only game I've ever sold after purchase, let alone less than a month after purchase.

Haha, what a funny guy, if you want to troll do it somewhere else.
I still play IV & EFLC occasionally, because they had far superior vehicles and driving/ damage physics, period.

GTA V felt like NFS meets Gran Turismo with every driving assist known to man in play; not worth £35 IMO.

So GTA V is a bad game because of the driving/damage physics?

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

JBanton, on 29 Jan 2014 - 4:43 PM, said:

GTA V. It's the only game I've ever sold after purchase, let alone less than a month after purchase.

Haha, what a funny guy, if you want to troll do it somewhere else.
I still play IV & EFLC occasionally, because they had far superior vehicles and driving/ damage physics, period.

GTA V felt like NFS meets Gran Turismo with every driving assist known to man in play; not worth £35 IMO.

So GTA V is a bad game because of the driving/damage physics?
I'm an automotive designer; they're all I go for in the little time I do spend gaming.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by AceKingston, 31 January 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Automotive designer? That's pretty cool. But honestly, if you buy Grand Theft Auto games for the sake of driving, then you are looking into the wrong game in my opinion.

• Davo the Assassin and Th3MaN1 like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

You guys wouldn't know a bad game if it walked up and shat directly on your face.

Milon's Secret f*cking Castle
http://en.wikipedia....s_Secret_Castle

Back in the early days of renting games, you didn't have much to go on. We spent an entire weekend with this f*cking game and I don't think we ever even made it inside the stupid f*cking castle. All the little sh*t does is shoot bubbles, and not in a rad way like Isaac's tears, but in a completely harmless and ineffectual way. Like blowing kisses. At the entire wasted weekend.
  • darthYENIK likes this

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Automotive designer? That's pretty cool. But honestly, if you buy Grand Theft Auto games for the sake of driving, then you are looking into the wrong games in my opinion.

IV was/ is the right game. I was under the impression that one of the elements that I most enjoyed in IV would be passed on largely unaffected to V.

What a foolish man I was.
  • TheOtherRyan and Scaglietti like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by StingrayX, 31 January 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Need for Speed: Undercover. It was a big let down, too short, buggy, full of terrible voice acting and outdated cutscenes, and it had no free roam soundtrack. It was a real shame too because the car list at the time(2008) was to die for:
-Audi S5
-Mercedes CLS55
-Lexus IS-F
-First game to feature a Nissan 370z
-BMW M6 Coupe

Such great cars, such a let down.

@Above: V was a let down, and a major one when it came to almost anything automobile related, but it wasn't even close to my worst game. I do agree however. IV was satisfying in the driving element but V decided to make major changes unfortunately for the worst. If I do play V again, I will avoid driving

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Starsky and Hutch for PS2 was a pretty bad one. Also had a lot of PS1 games that were terrible, but most of them were free from my mom's friends so I can't really complain.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

@The Pizza Delivery Guy: I can feel your pain. Fords suck. :p

Yeah I'm a Holden/GM fan for anyone interested.

@TaviColen123: So he's a troll because he found GTA V to be a bad game? I don't share his sentiments (despites my criticisms of it), but an opinion is an opinion.

• Scaglietti likes this

Ray
  • Ray

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

You guys wouldn't know a bad game if it walked up and shat directly on your face.
Milon's Secret f*cking Castle
http://en.wikipedia....s_Secret_Castle
Back in the early days of renting games, you didn't have much to go on. We spent an entire weekend with this f*cking game and I don't think we ever even made it inside the stupid f*cking castle. All the little sh*t does is shoot bubbles, and not in a rad way like Isaac's tears, but in a completely harmless and ineffectual way. Like blowing kisses. At the entire wasted weekend.

Otter, I have the perfect review for you:

http://cinemassacre....ecret-castle-2/
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

I loved Ford Racing 3 when I was young. Now look at it. Its rubbish.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Atari's (Troika Games Developer) Temple of Elemental Evil.

A turn-based game using the 3.5 edition rules with many fresh ideas, unfortunately, bugs killed the experience incl. quite a few game breaking one's. It was clearly rushed to release. During the release it was the worst game I ever paid money for, that was completely unplayable.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

Believe it or not, it was saints row 2

Ray
  • Ray

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

Believe it or not, it was saints row 2

I don't think Saints Row 2 was that bad. Sure, the story and characters are cheesy and the graphics could've been better, but the missions were fun and varied, and the character/vehicle customization was excellent. But 3 and 4 on the other hand, were just terrible. Avoid them at all cost.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

Don't recall which I got first but had a bunch of terrible movie liscenced GBC games.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 03 February 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Some fighting game that I can't remember the name of for SNES, where you can only play as one character. A blue guy and you fight all these robots. I never made it past the second character, it was that hard.

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:02 AM Edited by Daz, 04 February 2014 - 08:07 AM.

Some fighting game that I can't remember the name of for SNES, where you can only play as one character. A blue guy and you fight all these robots. I never made it past the second character, it was that hard.

You mean Rise of the Robots?

I had that too, f*cking baffled me why you only played as some T-1000 dude (unless you played against a friend who could choose any robot mech to play as) and all there was were sh*tty f*cking punches and crouch-kicks. I must say it looked f*cking incredible for the time. I remember thinking that game was as good as graphics are going to get. Music was good too. Game wasn't.

Memories.

Hmm, probably would be Conflict Desert Storm 2 for PS2.

WTF

How dare you sir.

Other than SOCOM, that is some of the best 3rd person military shooty around. In CDS2 you could finally run and fire your weapon at the same even if you had a sniper or an LMG. Not as fun, mission wise as the first, but still some good gameplay. But then again I did play it on PC and not PS2.

• ShadowDog94 likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:35 AM Edited by TaviColen123, 04 February 2014 - 08:36 AM.

SonOfLiberty, on 01 Feb 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:SonOfLiberty, on 01 Feb 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

@The Pizza Delivery Guy: I can feel your pain. Fords suck. :p

Yeah I'm a Holden/GM fan for anyone interested.

@TaviColen123: So he's a troll because he found GTA V to be a bad game? I don't share his sentiments (despites my criticisms of it), but an opinion is an opinion.

This topic is about the persons first bad game, i doubt GTA V is his first bad game, he is obviously only saying to be a troll and a dick on surface . Maybe if your beloved GTA IV was attacked you would feel diferently but i disgress .

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Even if what he said was aimed at GTA IV I still wouldn't call him a troll or a dick for expressing his opinion.

If you read my post carefully I don't even agree with him that GTA V is a bad game.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

GTA IV.

Now, watch the fanboys attack!

I keed you guise. 

My first bad game was Superman 64.

Superman64-3-600x600.jpg

What a piece of crap. Good think I smashed the damn cartridge. 

• TheOtherRyan likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

I just realised I haven't mentioned mine. I can't remember the very first bad game I played, but I remember Bad Boys: Miami Takedown being a steaming pile of horse sh*t.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

You mean Rise of the Robots?

I had that too, f*cking baffled me why you only played as some T-1000 dude (unless you played against a friend who could choose any robot mech to play as) and all there was were sh*tty f*cking punches and crouch-kicks. I must say it looked f*cking incredible for the time. I remember thinking that game was as good as graphics are going to get. Music was good too. Game wasn't.

Memories.

WTF

How dare you sir.

Other than SOCOM, that is some of the best 3rd person military shooty around. In CDS2 you could finally run and fire your weapon at the same even if you had a sniper or an LMG. Not as fun, mission wise as the first, but still some good gameplay. But then again I did play it on PC and not PS2.

Yes! This is exactly what I meant. God I hate that game...

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

WTF

How dare you sir.

Well, to be fair I never said it was the absolute worst I've ever played. :colgate:

And yeah it probably was a little better on PC.

• Daz likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

I don't have a good memory on what my very first bad game was but my first 7th gen bad game was mass effect 3.

gameplay and mechanics were good, but its story was sh*t. especially the infamous starbrat ending.

m107sniper
  • m107sniper

Absolute Accuracy

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by m107sniper, 31 July 2014 - 01:55 PM.

And also I should note that I've played countless sh*tty demos for PS2 and PS3. I'm sure everyone could

say this. Thank you sh*tty demos for saving me money.

You sir, are dead wrong. Why don't you try the PC version of the game. The Conflict series (Conflict:Desert Storm, Conflict:Desert Storm II - Back to Baghdad, Conflict:Vietnam) has been my favorite games since I was 9 (2009) (Yeah, I'm just a kid)

P/S:I admit the auto-aim of the game sucks in open field and high targets.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Probably Sonic '06.

m107sniper
  • m107sniper

Absolute Accuracy

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by m107sniper, 31 July 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Oh, and this

WTF

How dare you sir.

You are damn right Daz, but you either forgot or didn't realize the following features:
       1.You can now also drive and shoot at the same time
       2.M2 Bradley APC is invulnerable to enemy fire (Rockets and tank shells included)
       3.Tanks from White Snoop's "Control tank"mod can no longer flip and blow
       4.Better enemy's AI

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Star Fighter for Sega Saturn. Great graphics and music back then, but f*cking hard as hell to control. Then again i was about 4-6 when i first played it and tried again when i was 10. 

T-8135H_1,,Sega-Saturn-Photo-1-Star-Figh

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:44 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 31 July 2014 - 07:47 PM.

And also I should note that I've played countless sh*tty demos for PS2 and PS3. I'm sure everyone could

say this. Thank you sh*tty demos for saving me money.

You sir, are dead wrong. Why don't you try the PC version of the game. The Conflict series (Conflict:Desert Storm, Conflict:Desert Storm II - Back to Baghdad, Conflict:Vietnam) has been my favorite games since I was 9 (2009) (Yeah, I'm just a kid)

P/S:I admit the auto-aim of the game sucks in open field and high targets.

I haven't played it in probably 8 or 9 years. And so my memory of it on PS2 was that it was pretty bad. I haven't tried the PC version but I don't doubt it's a little better than the console version.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

Does anyone remember that hunk of sh*t on the PS2 called: 25 to Life? The game was a dookie Hauser in every way.

Another game I felt was a letdown was Godfather 2 on the PS3. Or was it three? It had an addictive property system, and the crew memebers were great, gameplay mechanics sucked. I think it's mediocre.

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Burnout Revenge for the PS2 is the farthest back I can remember.  Being such a huge fan of Burnout 3, I thought Revenge was only going to be an upgrade, but I was wrong, it was not near as good as its predecessor.  Same with Burnout Paradise, I didn't like it at all either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users