Photo

Do you ever race coupes?

89 replies to this topic
virmonk
  • virmonk

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Coupes is a great class with some sweet cars. My f620 is one of me favs to race but people never pick that class. Sometimes its hard to get a sports classic race as well.

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

I have to question the payout methodology. The longer it takes you to finish a race, the bigger the payout. It seems counterintuitive to racing. I noticed this when running some practice laps over a few different courses.

True. If I have enough of a lead I will sometimes slow down if I can extend the race length over one of the payment plateaus (2 minutes, 4 minutes).

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Its realy sad, that there are so many Supercar races get hosted. I own a 4 door felon and im waiting since two weeks to see a coupe race. I want to test it, under race conditions, cause i think there is a difference. 

I never had so many fun as with this car. 

Why don't you host a race then?

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Avtomat Kalashnikova

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by The Angel King, 29 January 2014 - 07:50 PM.

Yes. I really like my "Saabaru"(Sentinel XS). 

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Fuel Junkie for GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

I really enjoy racing period.  I enjoy it a LOT more when the Host or myself when I am the host, mix up the car classes.  I try not to race Super, but have to please the crowd from time to time.  Coupes, Sports Classics, and Muscle are a ton of fun to race in.  I love my Felon.  I love my Monroe.  I love my Bucc.

The one thing I rarely race is Sedan class.  Although I would like to more often, as I have both the Tailgater and the Schwartzer.

• ScuM Inc likes this

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Which Coupe is faster in everyone's opinion... a Stock Sentinel XS, or a stock Swhartzer?

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

if anyones on ps3 ill be on tonight and host a "No Sports, No Supers" playlist...

just an hour of couples and sedans, maybe some compacts, definitely a bit of muscle action too...

quote me and add your PSN if you want in...

if we get a full lobby beforehand we might need 2 hosts

I'll be on later....not too big a fan of compacts (don't have one...so that might be part of it LOL). Probably around 6pm PST (GMT -8)

o-Black_Rabbit-o

(If I bump your car, it's completely by accident)

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

So rare I thought this said couples and read just to see what you meant!

Marriage thread threw me off.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I was very disappointed when i got put in a sedan race and couldnt use my jackal, the buffalo should be muscle, schwartzer belongs in coupe, sultan could be sedan although its pretty fast, and the futon should be coupe.
While I'm on the subject of errors, I believe rooftop rumble and the parking garage mission names are backwards.

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Fuel Junkie for GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

I was very disappointed when i got put in a sedan race and couldnt use my jackal, the buffalo should be muscle, schwartzer belongs in coupe, sultan could be sedan although its pretty fast, and the futon should be coupe.
While I'm on the subject of errors, I believe rooftop rumble and the parking garage mission names are backwards.

The misclassing of cars in the game is utterly stupid.

If it has 4 Doors, it is NOT a coupe.  Period.   It's an effing Sedan.  

Prophaetwo
  • Prophaetwo

Wayward

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by Prophaetwo, 29 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

I had the Exemplar based on the reviews.
I found it quite boring.
Switched over to the Sentinel, not the XS.
It was decent albeit really light.
I finally decided to test out the Oracles.
Now I drive my 1st Gen almost every day.
I like the newer iteration as well, but the older one has class.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

I have an F620 but after reading this thread I want to go get a jackal too.. Maybe an examplar.. f*ck I really need a bigger garage, this 10 cap is starting to chap my ass.

T-Offline
  • T-Offline

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

@ Jack, cause im 30-60min online. Dont want wait 10min. for getting 2 players ( with luck).

@ Saturday, i have the oracle, the f620 and the felon all full tuned. Befor you get an jackal, test the felon. It's the only car that does what i want, even when i'm drifting. The handling is similar to the entify. The car is slower, so the handling is even better.

Bradeo
  • Bradeo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Love racing coupes so rare to find one though exemplar ftw

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

For the Enclave!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Glad someone brought this up as Coupes are crinimally underused. In my opinion, it's the class that has the most variety Four door SEDANS (Oracles..) To pretty much SUPERCARS (F620- if you played story, you'd remember how it kept up with a Cheetah and an Entity in a street race).

My F620 wins every time though, as it's just so much faster that the other bunch. Give me The Commute and this thing will stride in front of the pack every time.

The Ost
  • The Ost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

I like racing all classes, but the slower ones have more variety when it comes to entries and the racing is better.

Drift King is a good track for most classes. There's another good user created one down there that makes for fun racing in any kind of vehicle.

Even Criminal Records can be fun if you choose SUV's.

Silky
  • Silky

Long time lurker, new poster.

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

I will race whatever the host has chosen if I'm being honest.

Supercars are becoming slightly mundane to me now, so I do enjoy it when I find a session and the host has selected something 'out of the ordinary'.

If I'm on a race grinding session I will usually look to do the same race a couple of times with a different car class each time.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I race anything that's not supers because they are mind-numbingly tedious to drive. 

Actually super cars have the most boring handle of the game (OK, bikes appart), opposed to let´s say a muscle car which is fun to drive.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

I race anything that's not supers because they are mind-numbingly tedious to drive. 

Actually super cars have the most boring handle of the game (OK, bikes appart), opposed to let´s say a muscle car which is fun to drive.
Define tedious.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Define tedious.

Uninspiring to drive. Nothing happening behind the wheel. 

You go from full power down the straight to full braking, then to full lock, and then to full power again with nothing unexpected happening in between at akll, no need for corrections. 

Accendo
  • Accendo

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

I agree. I just wanted to know why you thought this. They're far too forgiving. I find the drivers that race other classes are far better drivers than the guys that just go hard on Supers, because of it.
Although that being said, on the right track, like anything, you can squeeze a good race out of the class.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I enjoy supers only under the rain to be honest.

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

I don't really like the coupes class because the Exemplar is WAY better than any of the other cars.

It makes it kinda boring.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

I've grown very very tired of racing supers...  there's an incentive problem because they unlock all of the most wanted mods. It would be cool if EMS 3 & 4 were unlocked by racing coupes, compacts, etc...  that might get more people into it.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Any class unlocks all mods now. Been that way for ages but unfortunately most people are unaware so yeah, they still grind supers. Wish R* had updated the info.
Also agree that the Exemplar is kind of a boring car. I dont mind not winning a good race tho, rather enjoy racing in something different.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

Any class unlocks all mods now.

You sure about that?

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

99%?
I'm never 100% on anything, lol.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Yea but the Exemplar is the fastest so everyone uses that. 

Ankarstrom
  • Ankarstrom

Scooter brother

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Any class unlocks all mods now.

You sure about that?

I'm sure... Class refer to land/sea/air although it isn't very clear and doesn't make any sense since you can take air or sea classed vehicles to LSC.

Anyway, I haven't done much racing in the super class, I mainly race off road and motorbikes, but still I have the turbo and engine upgrades for my Infernus.

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by ll Noble 6 ll, 30 January 2014 - 03:31 PM.

Stole an Ocelot last night and instantly fell in love with it.  Ended up racing a figure 8 custom race (over an interchange, so no actual crossing paths) with it against a bunch of other unmodified coupes and won due to handling.

This thread can be considered a success in that sense - you've gained a convert.  ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users