Photo

Anyone else cop role play?

28 replies to this topic
MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

I find this fun with the lack of content. I'll call emergency services, blast the cops (so not to damage the car) steal their car, mask off to get two stars. Then just roll around in my cop frames looking for players to chase. Or I'll go off the radar with sirens off sneak up turn sirens on and sticky or just start shooting. It's especially fun during an actual chase when they're wanted cause they just think I'm a npc cop chasing them until I start blasting their back window. Funny stuff.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

I read a player got the undercover buffalo that spawns, set up a speed trap, would go off radar, and pull over unsuspecting players. Seems difficult to pull off but rewarding when it works.

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

nah i kill cops on sight 

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Every time I try to pull someone over and tell them that their tail light is out they throw explosives at me.

• shoot_to_kill and JayDM420 like this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

When I play Cop its not to pull you over, its to give a stupid excuse to try and get you to pull over so I can shoot you and take whatever money you dropped.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Even though APB was littered with bugs, had awful handling cars and physics, a terrible dev team, and a host of other problems - not the least of which was seeing cars with massive swastika's or penis' on them - I really enjoyed the way you could choose to play as a cop or a criminal. It was incredibly entertaining and led to the sort of police chases then shootouts GTA can only dream of.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

My main objection with APB was the ridiculous textures, but I agree, it had it's moments. It bothers me seeing GTAO be over run by unimaginative game play, if there was a hardcore mode, maybe, just maybe, there could be more rewarding interaction. I know it's chance of happening is practically zero sadly.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Even though APB was littered with bugs, had awful handling cars and physics, a terrible dev team, and a host of other problems - not the least of which was seeing cars with massive swastika's or penis' on them - I really enjoyed the way you could choose to play as a cop or a criminal. It was incredibly entertaining and led to the sort of police chases then shootouts GTA can only dream of.

I realize Google exists but I'm going to waste time and ask what APB is. What's APB?

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

My main objection with APB was the ridiculous textures, but I agree, it had it's moments. It bothers me seeing GTAO be over run by unimaginative game play, if there was a hardcore mode, maybe, just maybe, there could be more rewarding interaction. I know it's chance of happening is practically zero sadly.

What about throwing permadeath servers/lobbies into the mix? I know that most people would go bat sh*t over it and never touch that mode of gameplay, but for those who did, there could be some pretty intense, meaningful and entertaining gameplay to be had.

I know that when I'm playing DayZ and I'm on a 2-3 week old character who could have his head blown off at any moment - thus losing me everything I had attained and done over that period - I have a much more engaging time playing, and I really take the time to consider the choices I make.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

I realize Google exists but I'm going to waste time and ask what APB is. What's APB?

All Points Bulletin, Another open-world crime game

Google is your friend

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

A sort of MMO style game - 100 players per shard/lobby - made in the guise of grand theft auto. Though when making your character you could choose a cop or a criminal, and these two 'factions' were constantly at war with each other. Just think of getting a wanted level in GTA but there are no NPC cops, every cop you see or cop car that rolls up is a player.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

A sort of MMO style game - 100 players per shard/lobby - made in the guise of grand theft auto. Though when making your character you could choose a cop or a criminal, and these two 'factions' were constantly at war with each other. Just think of getting a wanted level in GTA but there are no NPC cops, every cop you see or cop car that rolls up is a player.

That sounds like all the fun, no sarcasm. 

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

What about throwing permadeath servers/lobbies into the mix?

Talking super hardcore mode here, I would play it. I'm not scared :)

• Rinsaf likes this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Despite the problems with the game I listed, it actually was a lot of fun. I used to love using an undercover car to tail crims in vans - a sure sign that they were on the way to do a ramraid into one of the store fronts peppered throughout the game - and then as they try and leave start a shootout, which in turn will draw other cops in for backup as the hot zones were highlighted on the map.

5 minutes later you have a Heat style battle going on in the middle of the streets, and all for the sake of a jewellery store payout. :)

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

The first thing I thought of when I read this thread was bedroom antics involving handcuffs......

• beat_savy_9, sexboxlive and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

The first thing I thought of when I read this thread was bedroom antics involving handcuffs......

Lol, bit unusual that your brain goes straight to light bondage.... Then again, maybe I'm just upset mine didnt :p

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Notoriously Punctual

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Glad I'm not the only one, then.

• Kazandra likes this

cookiemonster79
  • cookiemonster79

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by cookiemonster79, 29 January 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Glad I'm not the only one, then.

The first thing I thought of when reading the posts above was "hello ladies" .. then "oh wait.. what if one of them is a dude" then "if I say hello ladies... it will come off creepy".. then apparently it seemed like a good idea to just post this rant anyways.. because hey why not.  

Anyways I have done cop role play with some other people (on GTA lol).  We actually have a custom TDM setup for it, pretty fun with the right people.

Doing it in free roam just doesn't work well - the "real" cops ruin the fun, and players would probably never play along.  However, going off radar and using a police car to chase someone already being chased does seem fun.  Flip them off or something random lol.

• Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Essential NPC

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

cant because C* took away my cop cars

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

It was an absolute clusterf*ck of a game created by David Jones (the man behind the original GTA).

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

You could use a black Stainer/Buffalo/Grunger and pretend you are driving an unmarked police car or a white Bagger to pretend it is a police motorbike.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 29 January 2014 - 03:24 AM.

i found a police bike i suspect was imported online by another player. i just couldnt resist trying to pull over other players. most just wanted to look at the bike but in true gta police 5 tradition i killed all the players in cold blood for no reason.

sadly in the world of gta 5 there are no doughnut shops to go celebrate a job well done.

0_0.jpg

dirty Viking
  • dirty Viking

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Please try to pull me over!

Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

Who the hell pulls over for cops in GTAO?

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

First time I went off the radar during a police chase I heard one dude on the mic ask his buddy if the cops can shoot from cars now.

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

Oh and my main targets when doing this are when the white blips have a 2 on them.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

It isn't. Not anymore at least. 

MurderIsNice
  • MurderIsNice

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Hell yea that sh*t is fun it's hard though cause I try to get a cop car in perfect shape without broken windows

Dtimmerman7
  • Dtimmerman7

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'm looking for players that want to do cops n robbers role-play private lobby games. Me and like 10 other people have been doing it for a couple days now and it's lots of fun. I have a thread in the Groups/meet ups page for GTA online with more info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users