Doing the collectibles makes me appreciate this game even more

33 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

I just did all the spaceship parts and the amount of detail R put into this world is incredible. I don't know how people say the country is lifeless and empty.

• BillDimebag, MetalMilitia89, Lowi and 2 others like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

People mostly say that because they just take a small look and drive past it. If you stand still tho, then it is quite detailed. You can see butterflies ;)

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 28 January 2014 - 09:16 PM.

Some people just dont appreciate anything.Great Thread OP :)
  • SCOOBASTEEB, Average white guy, MetalMilitia89 and 2 others like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

"This game sucks, I hate single player, who wants to collect collectables and get to 100% anymore?"

Who do I sound like?

Completely agree with you.  I've done them all, even stuff not required for 100% like submarine parts, etc.  Since GTA III, this stuff has been great to do.

GTA V simply made it to the hands of a bunch of babies and morons for them to appreciate anything, clearly.

• Average white guy, Lowi and Gold-NBayse like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

"This game sucks, I hate single player, who wants to collect collectables and get to 100% anymore?"

Who do I sound like?

Completely agree with you.  I've done them all, even stuff not required for 100% like submarine parts, etc.  Since GTA III, this stuff has been great to do.

GTA V simply made it to the hands of a bunch of babies and morons for them to appreciate anything, clearly.

So true. I discovered things about this game I never knew and then at the end I had a unique one of a kind of vehicle. I put it off for a while because I hate collecting things but I really wanted that car in PS3 and I am actually looking forward to the letter scraps now.

Also I bet these people never complained about the oysters and horse shoes in SA. In that world a big collection of sea creatures makes you very sexy to women.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

I cant agree with you even more, Jesus Chop makes it even easier to get the collectibles even. I've been to places i've never been before and the level of detail is so amazing.

I forgot what was the reward for killing all those pigeons in IV?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Who do I sound like?

So true. I discovered things about this game I never knew and then at the end I had a unique one of a kind of vehicle. I put it off for a while because I hate collecting things but I really wanted that car in PS3 and I am actually looking forward to the letter scraps now.

Also I bet these people never complained about the oysters and horse shoes in SA. In that world a big collection of sea creatures makes you very sexy to women.

For the 100% completion rewards in San Andreas alone were a major reason to get the collectables so it'd reach 100%!  I mean, who wouldn't want infinte ammo, a Rhino Tank under the Grove Street Bridge, and a Hydra on top of one of the houses in Grove Street?!  There's been collectables in every GTA game, III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and V.

If the babies of the forum knew any knowledge they would of realized this.  If they knew about this stuff in the first place and don't like to collect those things, they shouldn't even bother wasting their money on this game.  More than likely it came from their mommy, anyways.

Not to mention if you open up your browser and go to Youtube, there is loads of walkthroughs for the collectibles in all of GTA games including map locations and pictures, etc.  Also GTA V is the easiest in the series to date to 100%, yet so many people can't do it because of the collectibles and/or they cry the police are "too hard" for them, lol

I cant agree with you even more, Jesus Chop makes it even easier to get the collectibles even. I've been to places i've never been before and the level of detail is so amazing.

I forgot what was the reward for killing all those pigeons in IV?

I don't recall any reward, tbh.  The only "reward" from GTA IV (standard edition) for 100% completion was a silly ammo cap.  You could hold 9999 bullets for each weapon.  But once you saved it, the ammo would revert back to normal.  Pretty pointless if you ask me, same for GTA V's 100% rewards.  A silly 100% T-Shirt and a couple UFO easter eggs that do nothing is pretty horrible.  Compared to Vice City and San Andreas 100% completion rewards, meaning finding the collectables as well.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

I just used the social club map. I found the location of a part and marked it on my GPS. 

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

i think collecting items is boring

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

I just did all the spaceship parts and the amount of detail R put into this world is incredible. I don't know how people say the country is lifeless and empty.

+1

I know right, I too found all the Spaceship parts and Scrap Letters and it lets you explore a vast amount of Los Santos and you can find some interesting places.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Actually Militia, you can get a couple of pretty unique vehicles with really unique tuning and options. Pretty neat vehicles, but yeah I do have to agree eirlier GTAs had good rewards, but thats mostly due to the implications that you couldn't get those vehicles normally. how ever they were really great and had their upcomings.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

I just used the social club map. I found the location of a part and marked it on my GPS. 

Or that.  I don't even have a Social Club account, tbh.  But yeah, that is a good way to do it, I suppose, too.

i think collecting items is boring

Well, since this has been in all GTA games to date, I am not sure why you bother with such games like GTA then.  I guess your intentions of buying this game are not anything remotely close to mine.  If I buy a game, I am gonna beat it.  I won't waste my money on a game that I won't even bother to do everything I could inside.  What exactly do you like to do in GTA V?  By any chance are you one of those little kids screaming in the microphone and play Online?  If so, now I understand...LOL

+1

I know right, I too found all the Spaceship parts and Scrap Letters and it lets you explore a vast amount of Los Santos and you can find some interesting places.

This.

Actually Militia, you can get a couple of pretty unique vehicles with really unique tuning and options. Pretty neat vehicles, but yeah I do have to agree eirlier GTAs had good rewards, but thats mostly due to the implications that you couldn't get those vehicles normally. how ever they were really great and had their upcomings.

f*ck, I forget GTA IV.  III is in my head, VC, and SA, as is V, but I forget so much of IV.  IV is also my least favorite game, so maybe that is why I didn't pay close attention, etc.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

Doing the collectibles pretty much puts you in places that you otherwise would probably never visit/see. I also noticed how much detail and the little things that R* put into this game to make it as much of a living world as possible.

• MetalMilitia89 and ~Tiger~ like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

They're not as bad as the horrid flying rats in GTA IV, but I still find doing it to be tedious and boring. Everytime I try to I always give up some time later. It's not my thing at all. Never has been in any other GTA either.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by Zodape, 29 January 2014 - 12:36 AM.

No GTA that I have played has had a good 100% reward ever.

III didn't even have a reward.

VC had a shirt, same as V.

SA had a Rhino tank and a Hydra spawn at GS.

They were all pretty sh*tty, imo.

Though, the other rewards, like no ammo cap, all weapons spawning at the safehouse, gang members with better weapons, those were great rewards that V lacks.

I agree with the OP about the whole detail in the game. It's really amazing.

Sadly, the rewards are pretty crap (Space docker and a fugly t-shirt, that's it?).

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:04 AM Edited by Militia, 29 January 2014 - 01:14 AM.

^^^, uh, upon 100% completion for Vice City, you also got armed body guards that followed you, plus infinite ammo and the Hunter Helicopter...OH, and you got 200 health and 200 armor, which is DOUBLE health and DOUBLE armor.  What game are you playing?  Lol

San Andreas gave you infinite ammo which was awesome since SA had DOUBLE weapons instead of holding a single gun, there was two.  Plus the Hydra and Rhino Tank.  Not to mention tons of places to store vehicles, same with Vice City.

III gave you infinite run for 100%, that's all.  But having all weapons armor and health at safehouse was f*cking sweet and the garage/crane system for police/army vehicles and rare/fast/nice vehicles in the three garages with a list of vehicles on the side you needed to bring to them.

Gang members with better weapons?  What GTA are you playing?  LOL, what cheat codes are you typing in?

Space Docker isn't even a 100% reward, it's a 50 space ship parts reward...

V gives you nothing but a T-Shirt and UFO's to look at.  THAT is what I call useless.  Same with IV, the ammo cap was gone once you saved and using cheat codes to continuously type in to get the max ammo is nothing I would do.  IV and V are by far the worst rewards for 100% completion by far.

They're not as bad as the horrid flying rats in GTA IV, but I still find doing it to be tedious and boring. Everytime I try to I always give up some time later. It's not my thing at all. Never has been in any other GTA either.

Well, looking up a walkthrough with screen shots and putting a GPS to the location times little to no time at all.  You can knock everything out in the entire game within the same day as could you with past GTA games, imo.  If you're determined to get 100%, these are easy to accomplish.  If you like exploring, these are fun to accomplish, etc.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

So far the only GTA I've ever 100%'d was VC, after that I was kinda burned out. Since then the only games I've gone for the 100% mark have been the Arkham games. I hit 100% on at least three different save files in Arkham City, and I'm making my way there in Origins. GTAV's on foot travel is so much more cumbersome than Arkham City/Origins that the transition from one game to another is so drastic it makes me not want to bother. I still enjoy just cruising the country side in an ATV and looking around just for the sake of seeing what's there, collectible gathering or not.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

I like the Space Docker because it is just so odd looking. I enjoy going to Vespucci beach at night and trying to talk to women as I just stepped out of that thing. I plan on doing the submarine parts for the Asea as well.

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by RememberToTaper, 29 January 2014 - 02:05 AM.

I noticed the great detail too when roaming around photographing things.

Also, check out this video and see how much Rockstar added and improved since GTA 4.
I'm not posting it to start a "GTA 5 vs GTA 4" debate - just to show that Rockstar has added quite a lot to the game since 2007. Some side-by-side shots look staggering...like a whole generation ahead.

LongTimeGTAFan
  • LongTimeGTAFan

We stack 'em high, sir

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

I enjoyed finishing this game to 100% too, it's the first GTA game I 100%. The graphics are great and I liked exploring the world. As my username says, I'm a long time GTA fan and played every game except chinatown wars.

I agree though rewards for 100% completion could be better, R* has enough imagination to come up with something neat.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

i would agree that the whole point behind thes things is to explore and go into various would be hidden spots, but i did not enjoy going all over the depth of the ocean to find various things.. i could care less about the ocean. they should just left the submarine part mission into one somewhat secluded trail and called ocean exploration done. i was not a fan of that.

but as for usual gta there are things like this to find all over the map, so i gave them credit for being innovative.. it was just too methodical and boring, throw in the ocean where you can barely see and a sh*tty handling vehicle or diving, and it was too tasking and unrewarding.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

There were too many collectibles and the underwater ones were terribly boring.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

While I don't exactly enjoy doing the collectibles in this game, they do force me to see places I likely would have never seen other wise.

Seriously. Game's friggin' huge man.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

Always liked what they added. It's just that the tracking of certain collectibles suck. I never got to 100% in IV or SA because some of the collectibles disappeared. I have the same with V now. I've flown under all bridges and did all knife flights. Some multiple times. It's still f*cking stuck at 15/15 knife flights and 49/50 under the bridges. That always happens, and I can't get the trophy.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

They're not as bad as the horrid flying rats in GTA IV,

Yeah you are right, IV is a piece of sh*t game.. lol, just kidding.

But seriously though, those IV flying rats/seagulls were awful.. Not the right map for it.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

collectibles force me to see places I likely would have never seen other wise.

Seriously. Game's friggin' huge man.

Yep, that's why they are there. After spending years perfecting textures and atmosphere R* want us to experience and appreciate every inch, if possible.

Collecting can get tedious because it's an activity that doesn't flow, like a story mission or a shoot out, but it does take you places you would never go ordinarily.

Besides, when you've paid good money for a product, surely you wanna get every cent of value out of it!

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

The truth is GTA V collectibles are boring in comparison to previous titles.
Not the concept but GTA V collectibles are far less to enjoy on every replay.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

100% agree woggleman, the places and corners that are off the beaten path are just as detailed as the rest of the map. The collectibles just serve to motivate the player around.

Personally I enjoy them, I enjoyed the flying rats in IV too especially having to evade police. I got really good at evading them on foot because of that. Haven't found them all in V yet, but I'm just wandering and exploring and marking my paper map as I go.

I'll agree that the reward for 100% is and has been weak but it's all about the journey in my opinion.
  • Nikobellic303, MetalMilitia89 and ~Tiger~ like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Well collectibles are a different thing, while details and beauty another. The former conceptually could have been better given the improvements of the later.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

I think one of the biggest benefits while collecting, aside from discovering new places & details, was that it also led me to other various pick-ups in the game...particularly the hidden armor spots. You'd be amazed how many of these there are, especially in the barn areas in the countryside. I still haven't found many weapons this way though. That seems to have been made mainly for those underwater wrecks. Plus they are a lot harder to see in this game, compared to IV when the glowing red made it more obvious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users