» «
Photo

Vehicle Suspension Angle

3 replies to this topic
[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by [ÁT], 28 January 2014 - 08:23 PM.

Hi, I'm trying to fix the angle of the suspension animation for my modified Freeway.

bikelol.png

As you can see it looks normal here but when the suspension is being used it clips through the forks because the original Freeway forks are more vertical compared to my much more horizontal ones.

clip.png (dont mind the animation loool)

Is there any way to change the way the angle of the suspension more horizontally so it doesn't clip through? Thanks for any help

mariano1239
  • mariano1239

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Did you tried with the pivot's angle?

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:07 PM Edited by [ÁT], 01 February 2014 - 02:51 PM.

Did you tried with the pivot's angle?

Edited the pivot angle of the forks and it seemed to change the position of the forks in game but not the suspension, almost like just resetting the xform and rotating it. Even with the forks pointed upward the suspension still works the same. Or is there a way to edit the pivot angle of the suspension I don't know about yet? :pp

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

If anyone else is having the same issue, I've found a solution sort of. I made a clone of the "mudguard" (the two pipes below the forks), selected the original and made it extremely small and placed it inside the bike so it's not visible. I attached the forks to this "fake" mudguard so it's one part and moves with it. The model will no longer clip through but the mudguard will not stay centered on the wheel and instead move around a bit but it's a lot less apparent than the clipping. You can probably make the suspension on the bike stiffer to minimize it completely but I haven't tried it yet

Still if anyone has a way to change the axis of the suspension do tell! A proper fix would be great

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users