Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will you buy GTA V on Next Gen or PC?

68 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Gen or PC (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you buy GTA on PC or Next Gen?

1. Yes, will buy PC version (27 votes [22.88%])

Percentage of vote: 22.88%

2. Yes, will buy next gen version (52 votes [44.07%])

Percentage of vote: 44.07%

3. No, Rockstar are not getting more of my money. (29 votes [24.58%])

Percentage of vote: 24.58%

4. Yes, will buy both next gen and PC versions (10 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Oh yes, I would most definitely commit to purchasing Grand Theft Auto: V, for the Playstation 4. :)

secrules2
  • secrules2

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Only if my character carries over.

• scubadave likes this

mfoster09
  • mfoster09

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

I will finally start playing my ps4 if they release it on next gen.

Off topic, thanks to all the whiney little snitches who got my avatar removed and a big old middle finger to that one special admin. U know who you are!

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

I will finally start playing my ps4 if they release it on next gen.

Off topic, thanks to all the whiney little snitches who got my avatar removed and a big old middle finger to that one special admin. U know who you are!

You should change your avatar to something horribly offensive for about 5-10 mins each day :D

• mfoster09 likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

I read somewhere that it will. Not sure about cross platform though, although I don't see why not.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'll be buying it on PC and Xbox One.

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

Does pc make it easier to be pirate from torrent sites?..just wondering

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

Does pc make it easier to be pirate from torrent sites?..just wondering

Much easier.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

both pc and next gen versions... although i would play pc much more.

i was actually on my gta iv last night on my pc.

MurderIsNice
  • MurderIsNice

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

Hell yea son it'll look awesome and what better way to wait till next gta cause as of now all I see on next gen besides possible gta v is battlefield 4 gta and battlefield are they only games worth playing besides rockstars other amazing creations

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:10 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 29 January 2014 - 05:13 AM.

Rockstar will never release a PC version of GTA 5.   Their intention with GTA 5 is maintain total control of the game ecosystem from start to finish.  They don't have enough employees for controlling a PC release; and they don't want to.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Yeah, I'll buy both. I'll get it on next gen just because I prefer consoles. But I'll get it on PC as well because I love modding GTA games.

Assuming they are both on their way. Hopefully they are, GTA could really use new hardware, the RAM of last gen consoles is what limited a lot of games last gen.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

Pc version would win me over. Would love to have more settings, options, and less restrictions for gameplay. And all that can be achieved through community mods.

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by Ch4071C, 29 January 2014 - 07:11 AM.

We've got plenty of noobs for christmas. That won't happen on PC.

If Rockstar gets the game to work on PS4, that would be great for Texture Loading Issues :p
Then maybe I'll buy a PS4 and get GTAV PS4

Analysts say that this year GTA V will come to PS4

Marino81
  • Marino81

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

If ever it comes out on next gen, I will buy it

Current-gen*

360/PS3 are last-gen.

Your grav is disgusting btw.
I'm still on 360, so to me it's still current gen, therefore xbox one/ps4 would be next gen to me.

And as for my grav being disgusting, that's a matter of opinion

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

I read somewhere that it will. Not sure about cross platform though, although I don't see why not.

Lol where did you read that? Being that next gen versions haven't even been announced yet!

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

No, just no. GTA V is way to arcady to buy again. Once is enough. I would buy a revived GTA IV though on PS4 though. Pretty hacker free for a while so it would be damn fun.

Michael_Westin
  • Michael_Westin

OperatorStatus

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Haven't even touched my ps4, waiting for tom Clancy's the division.. but maybe if they add more content and expand the map then yes

leeroyjones87
  • leeroyjones87

Lenny

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Yeah I'll definitely get for the PS4, just waiting for rockstar, when they're ready ......

Ankarstrom
  • Ankarstrom

Scooter brother

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

I guess... If GTA:O take advantage of next(latest) gen better performance and not just a simple port, e.g.

-More players in one session (at least 32, but the more the better)

-Greater variety and numbers in traffic spawn (like in SP)

-Hacker "free"

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Funny. Im the opposite it. I would only buy it if they promised a totally clean start and major major clamp down on exploters and cheats.

Between rp exploits/ god modes. And modded bank accounts /car duping filling garages with cars and pegasus tanks and cargo bobs many players shouldn't have.

There is no way I would buy it on ps4 if all that got transferred across. The idea of a clean and fresh start not plagued by exploits and cheats would be the only reason I buy it fot ps4/xb1

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Only if there's enough changes and other things:

- Character carries over.

- All DLC already on PS3/X360 releases along the game, carries over for free if it was paid DLC on PS3/X360.

- In Online, 32 player count.

- Increased amount of pedestrians and cars on the road/sidewalk. Also, not the same cars on the road 24/7.

- Increased graphics, resolution and frame rate. 1080p, 30FPS locked should be the minimum.

And if possible:

- Discount for people who already own the PS3/X360 version and upgrade to the PS4/XB1 version.

- Exclusive in-game content for people who own the PS3/X360 version. Maybe some clothes, a car, a camouflage for your gun or some an in-game money bonus.

• chriiis125 likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:04 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 29 January 2014 - 03:11 PM.

It won't be on next gen. It would be like porting San Andreas over to PS3 from PS2. The new consoles are too good for this game. They will make a new GTA for the new consoles.

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:07 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 29 January 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Rockstar will never release a PC version of GTA 5.   Their intention with GTA 5 is maintain total control of the game ecosystem from start to finish.  They don't have enough employees for controlling a PC release; and they don't want to.

This is a good view on a pc release actually. For a company that insist on total control over our actions a pc release would  totally go against the grain. 

What they gona do put GTA online on next gen in it's current half fixed form? Seems stupid to me. 

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:11 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 29 January 2014 - 03:14 PM.

This is a good view on a pc release actually. For a company that insist on total control over our actions a pc release would  totally go against the grain. 

What they gona do put GTA online on next gen in it's current half fixed form? Seems stupid to me. 

Steam will handle GTA: Online for PC. Not confirmed, but likely. They already sell every GTA from number 3 and up. They are experienced in managing online games for PC. That's why Activision uses them for COD. Steam prevents piracy.

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Only if there's enough changes and other things:

- Character carries over.

- All DLC already on PS3/X360 releases along the game, carries over for free if it was paid DLC on PS3/X360.

- In Online, 32 player count.

- Increased amount of pedestrians and cars on the road/sidewalk. Also, not the same cars on the road 24/7.

- Increased graphics, resolution and frame rate. 1080p, 30FPS locked should be the minimum.

And if possible:

- Discount for people who already own the PS3/X360 version and upgrade to the PS4/XB1 version.

- Exclusive in-game content for people who own the PS3/X360 version. Maybe some clothes, a car, a camouflage for your gun or some an in-game money bonus.

Agree with all this and I'd also like to see despawning get removed/toned down a lot. Cars, NPCs, corpses, ect disappearing annoys me from time to time.

• poklane likes this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

I already have it on the 360, that's enough.

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

Steam will handle GTA: Online for PC.

Rockstar will still have to deal with how it wants to police the in game stuff though. The still can't decide  after 3 months. 

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Rockstar will still have to deal with how it wants to police the in game stuff though. The still can't decide  after 3 months. 

Here's how it works... If you want to play a Steam game, you have to have an account. If they catch you cheating, your account gets banned. Since your copy of the game is linked to that account, you basically lose the game if you cheat. This is why there will be less to worry about. Steam bans hackers if they catch them and you can't pirate a game into the Steam network.

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Here's how it works... If you want to play a Steam game, you have to have an account. If they catch you cheating, your account gets banned. Since your copy of the game is linked to that account, you basically lose the game if you cheat. This is why there will be less to worry about. Steam bans hackers if they catch them and you can't pirate a game into the Steam network.

If they catch you. Same as Xbox people still do it. Everything is hackable. It will be much smaller than GFWL but there will be stuff for it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users