Photo

Getting thrown into public lobby after job even though I'm in invi

5 replies to this topic
sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

These days I only like to play in invite only sessions.  However, I end up eventually getting tossed into a public session after the end of a mission/deathmatch/race.  This doesn't happen after the first job . .  .usually it takes about four to five and then once I'm back in freeroam I notice other white dots on the map :-/

Does this happen to other people?  I'm assuming it does . . . and is there any kind of way to prevent this from happening?

GTAVArtem013
  • GTAVArtem013

01010010 01001111

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Happened to me yesterday playing with some crew mates. I don't think there is any way to prevent it from happening. It just occurs on It's own. Sometimes you may be put into a public lobby, sometimes you may be lucky and it puts you into an invite only lobby.

We did a couple of races and went back to free mode. A crew mate and I were both put into a public lobby, while the other crew mate was put into an invite only lobby. It's just luck and random.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

No idea how to avoid it, seems to be how the game works. Why invite only though? The chaos of free roam is part of the charm for me.

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

No idea how to avoid it, seems to be how the game works. Why invite only though? The chaos of free roam is part of the charm for me.

I used to play GTAO just to get into free roam fights.  I got bored of them and nowadays, I just wanted to do Jobs, but without getting mowed down when I'm tossed back in freeroam for a few seconds.  I can't help but get really annoyed when someone kills me while I'm still loading into freeroam  :lol:

Another reason:  now that I'm no longer a billionaire, I try to avoid freeroam fights because they end up being expensive!  And tanks . . . they get annoying too.

• WBaker likes this

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

They have no reliable room or lobby system. If you're in an invite only room when you accept a job or invite from your friends, you end up in a private room when you enter free roam. Even if you're in the same private room.

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

I have been jumping into random races through my phone all night.  Started off in an invite-only session; most times I left a race and went back to freemode I was still in invite-only.  Once I ended up in a full open session (fortunately at the other end of the map since I had a $9k NPC bounty on me for stealing a car), then after the next race I was back in a private session.  Bizarre.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users