High End NPC Cars

14 replies to this topic
Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Will we eventually be able to do more with those cars besides stealing it, and trash it a few mins later?  Can't sell them.  Can't keep em for ourselves.  I get it's suppose to add variety to the online world.  Maybe instead of selling these cars to LSC, we can take them to the junkyard, and get some $$$ from that?  Or if someone really wants to keep the car for themselves, just pay an extra charge to "release" the tracker from the NPC owner.  Then again, I'm sure the modders/glitchers would find a way to exploit this like everything else too.  So who knows.

• EpicWhiskers likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

I think they should make Sandy Shores LSC allow you to mod these cars and paint them and even sell them but only at that LSC shop. You should DEFINITELY be allowed to drive them into your garage and use them but if you wreck it you lose it permanently.

Alarming
  • Alarming

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

Hopefully this will make sense in the morning as I'm pretty stuffed ATM but if you can steal any car and keep keep it then the effort/ reward factor for playing the game and earning money will be gone. You play the game for fun but also for incentives. If you can just steal any car and keep it then what's the point of playing? It's the same basis as people who received hacked money. There was no incentive to play missions,races or other things to get money.
  • adamsowilliams likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

The high end NPC cars are ideal for suicide bombings.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Who steals a Lamborghini and sells it to a scrap yard? They should use them for Simeon's request list but add something to do with Lester to remove a tracker or something.

• adamsowilliams and Hanshot 420th like this

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by L5B4LIF3, 28 January 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Who steals a Lamborghini and sells it to a scrap yard? They should use them for Simeon's request list but add something to do with Lester to remove a tracker or something.

I like that idea but i think it should be separate list that is only available after reaching a certain rank

• CenMan likes this

KYScout
  • KYScout

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

I'm thinking R* wanted us to either grind for money to get a lambo giving it a "personal value", or buy the darn cards. Most likely, since almost all patches has been to deal with hacked cash, its the latter.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

I understand they are "Highend Cars" and would have more security features ......but keeping them should be an option.  but keeping them should be determined by two things = Rank and Money  ....let the cars become available to have the tracker and security features removed as you level up with the more costly car become available and ranks 50 or so......then make it cost say 25% to 30% of the cost of buying it ...

example the Adder unlocks at level 50 for me to buy for its 1 million dollar price, (not able to purchase till a set rank)

But i find one and steal it i have the option to pay Lester or LSC   300k to remove the security features and add my own

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

The high end NPC cars are ideal for suicide bombings.

ALLAH AKBAR!

ALLAHU+AKBAR_df7603_4360883.gifallah-akbar-o.gif

Danzeman
  • Danzeman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Plenty of people! Buy at cut price, strip down to repair trashed high performance car, sell at massive profit.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

We can store them with a glitch. We win.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 29 January 2014 - 01:54 PM.

CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:

loads of people

well maybe not with a lambo

but a lot of high end cars get stolen and stripped for parts

you can't sell the entire car with serial numbers and everything

but you can use/sell a lot of the parts which are a lot harder to trace back

could even get special reqeusts from simeon for parts he needs for a specific car

come to think of it, this would be the perfect way to make simeon's high priority vehicles a lot more profitable

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:

loads of people

could even get special reqeusts from simeon for parts he needs for a specific car

come to think of it, this would be the perfect way to make simeon's high priority vehicles a lot more profitable

I'm Dutch so maybe I thought of the wrong word, I thought a scrap yard was a place for garbage, i.e. metal value.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 29 January 2014 - 03:21 PM.

CenMan, on 29 Jan 2014 - 3:38 PM, said:CenMan, on 29 Jan 2014 - 3:38 PM, said:CenMan, on 29 Jan 2014 - 3:38 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 29 Jan 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 29 Jan 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 29 Jan 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:

CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:CenMan, on 28 Jan 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:

loads of people

I'm Dutch so maybe I thought of the wrong word, I thought a scrap yard was a place for garbage, i.e. metal value.

I'm dutch as well

and they're basically the same thing, though some are specifically for cars

you bring old cars to the scrapyard (de sloop) and they take off all the parts they can use/sell and scrap the rest for metal value

personally I get all my parts there since they're like 10 times cheaper than new parts

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

There should be shipping containers at the docks and a 'Gone in 60 Seconds' style list to fulfil for a hefty reward. Like in San Andreas.

• PaulDPearl likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users