Photo

Forced melee only death matches doesn't seem to work

12 replies to this topic
Pete_1
  • Pete_1

Dude

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

I have created couple of melee only death matches but they doesn't seem to work like they should. I have tried setting forced + pick ups or only forced weapons and chose for example baseball bat as forced weapon but still every time there are firearms in death match. Forced only and setting unarmed as forced weapon seemed to work at least one time. Its annoying when you first wait long time to get someone join and then you find out match doesn't even work right. Has anyone else same problem?

lawadnorder
  • lawadnorder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Do it away from an area where people can call mercenaries. I've noticed that if mercs can access it, you can get a gun.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

I had a guy do this on top of a parking lot and it was knives only. His idea was that people would all get in cars and have a destruction derby. Things didn't work out as he planned though but I can confirm that we were definitely limited to knives only.

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

I think the problem is that you're making a melee only deathmatch.

Sorry for the tone, but I get so tired of landing in Prison Thugz Fight all the time when I choose Random DM.

Pete_1
  • Pete_1

Dude

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:13 PM Edited by Pete_1, 28 January 2014 - 06:14 PM.

Do it away from an area where people can call mercenaries. I've noticed that if mercs can access it, you can get a gun.

I have used fences and barriers to limit area so I don't think ammo drops etc. are possible. When I have had these problems there is every time been firearms showing in menu when you can buy armor and ammo before match starts. I think this is some kind of glitch.

I had a guy do this on top of a parking lot and it was knives only. His idea was that people would all get in cars and have a destruction derby. Things didn't work out as he planned though but I can confirm that we were definitely limited to knives only.

I have managed to play couple times with melee weapons only but lately had these problems.

I think the problem is that you're making a melee only deathmatch.

Sorry for the tone, but I get so tired of landing in Prison Thugz Fight all the time when I choose Random DM.

I understand everyone doesn't like this kind of stuff, but these can be so much fun when everything is done right. 

• NuklerGhost101838 likes this

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by One Poor Fool, 28 January 2014 - 06:35 PM.

For a couple of weeks now, i just cant find a team deathmatch with guns..... user created fist fights & tank deathmatches are all i find, I wont play them,capture & Vs Missions are always empty these days aswell, they need to sort this out!

Back playing Max Payne for a gunfight, no problem to find 15 people to have a gunfight with there instantly for hours on end..

GTAO...15 people to play continuous deathmatches one after the other? Nearly impossible even if you get a tdm in everyone leaves or votes for a race...

I dont know about you guys but this is what the game is all about to me! PvsP gunfights, like it was in GTA IV tdm, RDR tdm & Max payne MP, compared to how it worked in those games GTAO is a real disgrace atm. 

• Kazandra likes this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Even though I try to avoid unarmed/melee DMs now because I'm completely sick of them, I think if you set it to forced unarmed and set spawn points for melee weapons (like bats and knives) it should work better.  I made a DM like this once called Back Alley Brawl.  I never saw anyone use a gun in it. 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

why would you want melee only deatmatches

sure the idea of having a melee brawl sounds cool

but with these horrible melee mechanics it turns out to be silly more than anything

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by NuklerGhost101838, 28 January 2014 - 06:42 PM.

My advice is to check how Prison Thugz is set up (if that is similar to what you are trying to achieve), then copy the settings for your content and then alter it for the specifics of your content.

What's the location you chose for this melee-only Deathmatch?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

For a couple of weeks now, i just cant find a team deathmatch with guns..... user created fist fights & tank deathmatches are all i find, I wont play them,capture & Vs Missions are always empty these days aswell, they need to sort this out!

Back playing Max Payne for a gunfight, no problem to find 15 people to have a gunfight with there instantly for hours on end..
GTAO...15 people to play continuous deathmatches one after the other? Nearly impossible even if you get a tdm in everyone leaves or votes for a race...

I dont know about you guys but this is what the game is all about to me! PvsP gunfights, like it was in GTA IV tdm, RDR tdm & Max payne MP, compared to how it worked in those games GTAO is a real disgrace atm. 

As long as people are getting their combat fix in freeroam against unaware, unarmed, passive or low level targets the combat jobs are nothing more than superfluous extras. If they changed it up some people would DM more.

Pete_1
  • Pete_1

Dude

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Personally I prefer more gunfights but sometimes it's fun to play something totally different. That's the reason why I have created these melee fights. I agree, melee mechanics are quite horrible in this game but I don't play so seriously that really matters too much. I didn't even know these melee matches are popular now, maybe I should try to find what other people have created.

My advice is to check how Prison Thugz is set up (if that is similar to what you are trying to achieve), then copy the settings for your content and then alter it for the specifics of your content.

What's the location you chose for this melee-only Deathmatch?

I think I have checked Prison Thugz's set up but I will do double check to be sure. I have tried to create classic bar fights so locations are Vanilla Unicorn, Hookies bar at North Chumash and Bar at Sandy Shores (darts)

If someone wants to try these, links are below

http://socialclub.ro...-Q?platformId=2

http://socialclub.ro...3Q?platformId=2

http://socialclub.ro...Lg?platformId=2

• NuklerGhost101838 likes this

Pete_1
  • Pete_1

Dude

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I checked the Prison Thugz's set up and it is forced + pick ups and unarmed as forced weapon. I have used this same setup but it doesn't seem to work after first match. I will try to do some updates to these matches and hopefully get them work like they should. 

• DeaD_GooN likes this

cookiemonster79
  • cookiemonster79

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

I have setup two custom deathmatches (one unarmed punching only, one with golf clubs in it) and they work fine.  The one that is first only has allowed pistol two times - seemed to be a glitch - but I have run it MANY times with no issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users