Gym rat or couch potato?

71 replies to this topic
Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Are you the type to go to the gym reguarly or do you like doing nothing and eating?
I'm a mix of both. Some weeks I feel pumped to go to the gym and others I couldn't be bothered.
What are you?

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'm a weird mix of the two, I go on huge walks in the countryside every week,lift some weights and sometimes go on runs, but aside from that I'm cripplingly lazy, it can be a problem sometimes.

• markwey likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

I play football (soccer) 4 times a week, rugby 2 times a week and I go to the gym pretty much every other day. Being a couch potato really isn't in my nature and I kind of feel those who do nothing but lounge around and eat are wasting their lives.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

How about neither? I like to be outside and sightseeing but I don't go to the gym or do anything related to that. I barely like to just be at home doing nothing unless I am in the mood to watch a movie or watch reviewss on YouTube.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Couch potato.

I ain't proud of it, but that's what I am...

If I had access to a gym, which secluded from the world and in which I could be alone, sure, I'd have no problems going there. Oh, and I would like if it had a 50 inch TV there and an unlimited amount of movies/series to select from when doing stuffs in there.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

POTATO.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Foodie and Hard-working

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by Hodgey., 28 January 2014 - 04:08 PM.

I'd like to think that I am somewhere in the middle.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

I exercise regularly everyday. 

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

Sometimes I'll spend months at a time working out like a manman every single day, and for other chunks of time, I'll be too swamped with school work to do anything but be a couch potato.

When I'm home and working, though, I usually swim or run or do some sort of HIIT training each day. Right now, I've been maintaing a pretty good balance with school work and swimming, but I'm sure that'll change soon enough. 

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

P.E.M.D.A.S.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Couch potato. I do go on walks every few days around town, but that's about it.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'm naturally thin so I don't need to exercise.

That's how it works, right?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

What is this gym you speak of? Does it have internet and the ability to send text messages and play games?

• Finn 7 five 11 and Killerdude8 like this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

I exercise 6 days a week (5 if I decide to skip Saturdays, which happens often), I swim almost daily (but that's just for leisure and to cool off) and I go for a run about twice a week. That or cycling. The thing is I love exercising, makes me feel good.

I have my couch potato days too though where I'm too damn lazy to do anything :)

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Working out would be more desirable to Americans if we just created a system where you had to power your TV, computer, Internet, gaming system, or whatever else by running on a treadmill or using an exercise bike.

Imagine how thin we'd become! Or, if we're really that pathetic, we might go back to reading books.

• Frank Brown likes this

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

I stay in shape and play sport. But I do love a good session of just laying on the couch and stewing in my own juices for long periods of time. 

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

I stay in shape and play sport. But I do love a good session of just laying on the couch and stewing in my own juices for long periods of time. 

Is that the secret to looking like Ryan Gosling?

Ohmygods. Share more tips!

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Is that the secret to looking like Ryan Gosling?

Ohmygods. Share more tips!

You want to look like Ryan Gosling?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

I usually exercise whenever i'm watching gunsmoke or bonanza on TV. During the summer I play sports. During the winter I run 2 or 3 miles a day. If Bonanza or Gunsmoke are on TV I do situps and other calisthenics while watching. If Perry Mason is on, I do the same but not with the same intensity.

• JIMHO likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

What is this gym you speak of? Does it have internet and the ability to send text messages and play games?

• DeafMetal and Frank Brown like this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

I am quite lazy and this is a problem for health reasons (both mental and physical). I'm not fat. In fact I am quite skinny, but working out has other major benefits other than balancing your weight. I sometimes lift a chair as if it were a dumbbell, but I am planning on buying some real weights for starters. I would not go to any gym because I would probably embarrass myself and you can save up money by buying your own equipment.

Of course, I am not denying that I would work out for looks as well, but it is primarily a health concern for me.

• 018361 likes this

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

The closest thing I get to exercise is sex and masturbation. I eat junk on a daily basis, barely go outside, and sit on the computer. Somehow I'm not morbidly obese yet, though I'm starting to get love-handles so I really should start to eat better and get fit.

I'm thinking of starting to do early morning/late night runs, as well as push-ups, healthy eating and whatnot. Easier said than done, though. A pizza is much more enjoyable than a 6am jog, followed by a salad.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

A pizza is much more enjoyable than a 6am jog, followed by a salad.

Once you get used to running, it will be an enjoyable part of your routine and eating the pizza will make you feel guilty and shameful all day and like you need to go run more.

I ate a hamburger for lunch yesterday and I was feeling like a disgrace for the entire evening and into this morning.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

A pizza is much more enjoyable than a 6am jog, followed by a salad.

Once you get used to running, it will be an enjoyable part of your routine and eating the pizza will make you feel guilty and shameful all day and like you need to go run more.

I ate a hamburger for lunch yesterday and I was feeling like a disgrace for the entire evening and into this morning.

That must be nice. Making yourself feel bad because you ate something enjoyable.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

That must be nice. Making yourself feel bad because you ate something enjoyable.

I'm a huge libertarian so I think if I want to eat a hamburger and get fat it's my right. But on the other hand I don't want to be fat.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

If theadmiral said that, then so it shall be. 

OT: I'm kinda at the middle. I like to sit on the laptop for half my time and the other half, I like to go to the garden to have fun with my kitten. 

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

I'm a huge libertarian so I think if I want to eat a hamburger and get fat it's my right. But on the other hand I don't want to be fat.

Glad you've seen the light, Addy. :p

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

If it's hostile, you kill it.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 28 January 2014 - 07:17 PM.

I'm in the middle. I like playing sports like cricket and football (the one where the foot is actually used :lol: ), but I like playing on the PS3 or going on my computer from time to time.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

I wouldn't really class myself as either.

When I'm at home I'm lazing about, smoking, watching TV and such. I go out for walks and go out drinking at the pub and at house parties now and then, but most of the time I'll laze about and nip to the pub for a couple of hours.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

The closest thing I get to exercise is sex and masturbation. I eat junk on a daily basis, barely go outside, and sit on the computer. Somehow I'm not morbidly obese yet, though I'm starting to get love-handles so I really should start to eat better and get fit.

I'm thinking of starting to do early morning/late night runs, as well as push-ups, healthy eating and whatnot. Easier said than done, though. A pizza is much more enjoyable than a 6am jog, followed by a salad.

I like to eat salad. But then again I get it from Salt Grass... and that sh*t ain't healthy. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users