Photo

Infinite Spawn Protection - hack?

11 replies to this topic
The Guy 393
  • The Guy 393

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

It seems the UnDead are back. I have come across a few cheaters of late. Players running around with infinite spawn protection ... The Flashers cant be harmed it seems. In December we had the bullet proof a-holes which we could at least run em over but the Flashers it seems cant be stopped.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

nope becasue its not a hack but an exploit i.e uses an existing game mechanic that is there by design... i wont go into details as i dont support such yellow bellied cowardice... im not the best aim in the world but id never resort to this kinda crap...

from your perspective theres not much you can do... rockstar could do something about this but it would require a patch/hotfix (the latter is more likely) however as its a required game mechanism it might be unlikely.

• WBaker likes this

charleyefc
  • charleyefc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

I've blown someone up when they were using that glitch, when they got in a car

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

They're only invincible till they get in a vehicle. They can then be blown up. You still can't shoot them though.

The Guy 393
  • The Guy 393

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

nope becasue its not a hack but an exploit i.e uses an existing game mechanic that is there by design... i wont go into details as i dont support such yellow bellied cowardice... im not the best aim in the world but id never resort to this kinda crap...

from your perspective theres not much you can do... rockstar could do something about this but it would require a patch/hotfix (the latter is more likely) however as its a required game mechanism it might be unlikely.

It is a coward move .... each time it has happened I roll up on two or three guys .. takem out only have one of em run down the middle of the street to come and shoot me. At which point you either stay and gift the cheater a free kill or leave. 

Question now is ... when the cheating/coward a-holes take advantage of the exploit ... Is there a time limit on it, or does it last for as long as the Flasher is on foot?  

They're only invincible till they get in a vehicle. They can then be blown up. You still can't shoot them though.

Just asked that question ... 

Okay then ... so passive mode while I take the time to report him then

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Sigh, I don't want it to spread like wildfire but hopefully with this information it will help towards countering these types of players while also not exposing it.

There is a time limit on it, it only lasts for 3 seconds. The method has to be repeated for another 3 seconds.

The method can't be preformed if the player is ran over and parked on top of, thus they can be killed this way.

Most players can't shoot and do the method fast enough, so there is a gap in the spawn protection that can be taken advantage of. The method can be done in cars, the entire car would flash just the same as a fresh spawn and the vehicle can't be blown up. I've seen players in tanks do this.....its the lowest of the low.

I found out the method by some rare/modded car collector who was really troll-y during a foot war. He explained it after we argued that he was cheating - his argument was that a glitch isn't a cheat. pft. 

The Guy 393
  • The Guy 393

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Sigh, I don't want it to spread like wildfire but hopefully with this information it will help towards countering these types of players while also not exposing it.

There is a time limit on it, it only lasts for 3 seconds. The method has to be repeated for another 3 seconds.

The method can't be preformed if the player is ran over and parked on top of, thus they can be killed this way.

Most players can't shoot and do the method fast enough, so there is a gap in the spawn protection that can be taken advantage of. The method can be done in cars, the entire car would flash just the same as a fresh spawn and the vehicle can't be blown up. I've seen players in tanks do this.....its the lowest of the low.

I found out the method by some rare/modded car collector who was really troll-y during a foot war. He explained it after we argued that he was cheating - his argument was that a glitch isn't a cheat. pft. 

If that is the case then well ... WOW, the dude that chased me down the street must have lightning quick thumbs he was Flashing as he ran all the way down the street

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Explains the 2 guys in Cargo bob that were flashing at me. I hit them twice and nothing happened

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

MNTL is right and ive cou tered it w that very method, run themover, park on top of them then ap pistol to the face... Just went 8-5 against a "God"...apparently gods are fallible after all, needless to say I got bored quickly and had better things to do, like sleep, or pushin spoons into my eye sockets while playin w a toaster in the bath

Pretty much every public lobby ive been in this week has jad flashin dots everywhere, glad ive got a nice crew who spend time in sessions jumpin bikes or impromtu racin...

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

It seems the UnDead are back. I have come across a few cheaters of late. Players running around with infinite spawn protection ... The Flashers cant be harmed it seems. In December we had the bullet proof a-holes which we could at least run em over but the Flashers it seems cant be stopped.

PAUSE MENU > ONLINE MENU > PLAYERS > click player name > REPORT > EXPLOITS/GAME EXPLOITS

The more people start doing this right off the bat, the sooner these babies will get the boot.

The Guy 393
  • The Guy 393

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

More and more of these A-holes are cropping up. Played a Team Death Match last night, 2 vs 2 and from the start I nail these guys hard, pull a big lead and 1 guy start this Bull ... I nail him with a RPG to the face and he bounces into the air and keeps going. I did notice him run and run and stop. I suppose he did this keep FLASHING. 

In Free roam get two guys who take a direct hit to the head from my 50 cal. They climb into a vehicle and I splatter both of their heads. they respawn and the next thing I know the vehicle they in is now flashing.

Get another A-Hole at the airport doing ridiculous stunts with a passenger jet. I shoot him down and he comes after me with what looked like multiple air strikes. no flare nothing, just continuous explosions. To top it off he calls me a pussy cos I went passive. so i explained that i had to go passive while I reported his cheating ass.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:11 PM Edited by FR_Player-One, 05 February 2014 - 12:11 PM.

For your information... it works when you're inside a vehicle. Yes it does.

For the story :

I noticed a high level griefing people in his Buzzard, so a moment later I went to pick up a Lazer jet.
I managed to kill him a few times when this guy was trying to get in a new Buzzard.
After that he started teleporting near airfields to gain time and pick up a Buzzard while I was away chasing his position around the map.
I started to chase him again when he finally got a new Buzzard.

BUT when I reached him and started firing gatling gun at him, directly hitting him, it did nothing to the Buzzard.
Flying past him I noticed he was blinking, using this infinite spawn protection glitch.
I tried a few times again, and he was always using it. And I couldn't kill him.

I'm not the best pilot ever, but I can take down choppers with the jet pretty easily. The only way I could kill him was crashing into him.

After that I turned passive mode on, while he was going for another Buzzard and I messaged every person in the lobby to report / kick him cause he was cheating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users