Photo

Are race wins getting hacked?

25 replies to this topic
HarveyBest
  • HarveyBest

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

I do quite a lot of races and have a win rate of about 10%. I thought I;d have a look at other players win ratios, so while in a race lobby I checked a few out. Most of the people I checked had 25% to 40% win rates (I could not check all players before the race started). So I started checking every time I raced and kept seeing the same sort of win rates. Now I'm not a maths genius, if there are large numbers of people with that many wins around, then there ought to be a hell of a lot of hopeless losers as well (apart from me :-)) but I'm not seeing them.

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

Most of the people I race against have negative W/L ratios. I think it's a case of a few really good drivers absolutely dominating a lot of average drivers. Most people who bought GTA didn't buy it for the cars, after all.  

• BOILER. likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

Most of the people I race against have negative W/L ratios. I think it's a case of a few really good drivers absolutely dominating a lot of average drivers. Most people who bought GTA didn't buy it for the cars, after all.  

fox is probably right,

im one of the 25-40% crowd that you talk about and i can assure you no hacking was involved in the making of this ratio :p

but im also part of a reasonably sized racing crew (around 150, 60:40 ps3:xbox) and there are some poeple who's win loss ratios are in the sub 10% bracket, mainly because they tend to race with crew members and we have some really fast guys (im by no stretch the fastest at all.. some of those guys are like lightening)...

i remember before i joined my win ratio was nearly 50:50, since ive joined thats slipped to about 30:70 because of the quality of guys ive raced with,

thing is other than inital betting odds the win loss ratio is a bit redundant (like a KDR) other than stroking a virtual ego.. personally i like that my W/L has slipped from 50:50 because i used to gt about 2/1 betting odds initially (before any betts placed) whereas now im more likey to see 5/19 giving me better payouts for betting on myself. when oit comes to betting sometimes its better to have the odds stacked against you, particularly if im in a race with people i know i can beat,,m,, drop a big 2.5K bet and watch the $ roll in.

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Probably the boosting would have something to do with it. 

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

I think it's the other way around. I win around 70% of the races I do and I only see people that have won like 20-30%

ChrisFley
  • ChrisFley

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

I've played more than 500 races and It seemed that I'm the only one everywhere with a positive win-lose ratio. I have like 350 wins + out of 500.

The Guy 393
  • The Guy 393

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

There arent to many out there with more wins than losses ... In the world of GTA racing this is normal. Regardless of how a good a driver you are. When "Catchup" is enabled the race leaders car is slowed down at certain points. But the biggest factor of them all is the Dumbass mentality of most of the racers out there. " Someone is passing me I need to wipe him out " I am closing in on the dude ahead of me, I need to wipe him out.

Total races to date I have done around 1200 races .... The following scenario happens way to often.

You in 3rd or 4th maybe chasing down the race leaders. Now you either slip streaming the guy ahead of you or the guy behind you is slip streaming off you. Now instead of a clean pass and racing for the win ... the A-hole tries to wreck you spinning himself out in the process and you go from podium to possible win to the back of the field.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

Pro-Tip:

A lot of people have also played games like Gran Tourismo, which makes you pass racing strategy tutorial tests, such as how to take turns and different passing techniques, which is very useful.

I had no idea before playing Gran Tourismo, but there is sense to it.  It even helps me to dominate at the Disney go cart tracks against the kids. ;-)

I'll bet there are lots of good strategy tutorials on YouTube which might help you to improve your Wins.

Q: Why is it that when I race people with English accents, they are gracious and polite win or lose; but when I race people with Southern accents, if I win, I get kicked?

• BOILER. likes this

Charmlessrogue
  • Charmlessrogue

Rogue Customs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

There are definitely hackers within races although there are just some awesome racers too. Take a look at some of the world record times. 10 seconds for a lap that takes 2 minutes on a great lap. I have only just managed to get a record by luck. A new rockstar verified race. Think I was the first to race it :)

The Guy 393
  • The Guy 393

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

There are definitely hackers within races although there are just some awesome racers too. Take a look at some of the world record times. 10 seconds for a lap that takes 2 minutes on a great lap. I have only just managed to get a record by luck. A new rockstar verified race. Think I was the first to race it :)

World records have been screwed from day 1 ... The leaderboards " world records " aside are bugged. Personal records vanish are active crews are changed etc etc

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

A lot of us raced all day when the game released. Criminal Records / Down the Drain / The Commute all had great $ pay - outs and high RP and it was common to have 8 - 16 racers.

Noobs who started coming in November had no chance ( racing stock super cars against fully modded Entity's)

Still I'm only about 20% . When I see W/L % above 50% Its probably not legitimate open to all, no tag team racing. I lost a lot of races to guys who were taking turns winning and blocking.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by Snake Without a Tongue, 28 January 2014 - 06:03 PM.

I saw a world record time the other day that was 16 seconds. It takes that long to get to the first checkpoint.

But like other people have said, a player starting out is doomed against a fully modded supercar.

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

In over 500 races I have never seen anyone "hack" to go faster or alter the result. The obviously hacked world records probably aren't set by actually racing.

I have a legit 320-240 W/L record. Almost an even split of quick join (I leave the random result races like 1 lap criminal records), hosting races on good tracks or screwing around with my crew. I've never win traded.

If you race with 16 players, there are probably 1-3 who are the only contenders for first place if they are not rammed completely off the track multiple times.

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

There arent to many out there with more wins than losses ... In the world of GTA racing this is normal. Regardless of how a good a driver you are. When "Catchup" is enabled the race leaders car is slowed down at certain points. But the biggest factor of them all is the Dumbass mentality of most of the racers out there. " Someone is passing me I need to wipe him out " I am closing in on the dude ahead of me, I need to wipe him out.

Total races to date I have done around 1200 races .... The following scenario happens way to often.

You in 3rd or 4th maybe chasing down the race leaders. Now you either slip streaming the guy ahead of you or the guy behind you is slip streaming off you. Now instead of a clean pass and racing for the win ... the A-hole tries to wreck you spinning himself out in the process and you go from podium to possible win to the back of the field.

This is every public race you join. There is no "racing" in this game. Its all Crash Up derby. It really drives me crazy, because I think with the availability of so much racing, especially when you start adding some of the player created races, the racing could be great. Sadly at the first corner it turns into a crash fest and the race is pointless from there. Ive lost more races due to losers hitting me, than I ever would in a clean race. 

GTA for violence, Standard for DRIVING SKILL. 

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I like it when its decent point a to point b not a bunch of retards playing like its bumper carts

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

I like it when its decent point a to point b not a bunch of retards playing like its bumper carts

speaking of retard you owe me two wins lol. 

HarveyBest
  • HarveyBest

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hm, thanks for the answers guys, but I'm still wondering where all the losers are. Also glad to see that there are others, like me, who hate the wholly negative bumper car drivers. And catchup is driving me crazy as well. Yesterday I found myself in Jumps jumps jumps (hate it, I usually quit out). Second on the grid, got into the lead cleanly, made good controlled jumps and just as I'm coming up to the big jump over the bridge the catchup kicks in, slows me down and removes enough speed so that I don't make it over the bridge and I ended up halfway down the field. I DID NOTHING WRONG and I lose.

I'm not a race junkie, I just want to get the wins to get the car upgrades.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Pro-Tip:

A lot of people have also played games like Gran Tourismo, which makes you pass racing strategy tutorial tests, such as how to take turns and different passing techniques, which is very useful.

I had no idea before playing Gran Tourismo, but there is sense to it.  It even helps me to dominate at the Disney go cart tracks against the kids. ;-)

I'll bet there are lots of good strategy tutorials on YouTube which might help you to improve your Wins.

Q: Why is it that when I race people with English accents, they are gracious and polite win or lose; but when I race people with Southern accents, if I win, I get kicked?

for tips theres a Racing Tricks and Tips Guide on the GTAF already.... fair play i wrote it (i was asked to by mods), but good tips like this deserve a spot on there too, if anyones got tips its an open forums.

A lot of us raced all day when the game released. Criminal Records / Down the Drain / The Commute all had great $ pay - outs and high RP and it was common to have 8 - 16 racers.

Noobs who started coming in November had no chance ( racing stock super cars against fully modded Entity's)

Still I'm only about 20% . When I see W/L % above 50% Its probably not legitimate open to all, no tag team racing. I lost a lot of races to guys who were taking turns winning and blocking.

racing wtih a partner is actually a good idea... taking it in turns slipstreaming each other and acting as a blocker is a sound technique used by many racing teams... provided i understand you correctly and both are traveling in the same direction, as opposed to those lowlifes that get crew members to drive the other way to ram people intentionally..

In over 500 races I have never seen anyone "hack" to go faster or alter the result. The obviously hacked world records probably aren't set by actually racing.

I have a legit 320-240 W/L record. Almost an even split of quick join (I leave the random result races like 1 lap criminal records), hosting races on good tracks or screwing around with my crew. I've never win traded.

If you race with 16 players, there are probably 1-3 who are the only contenders for first place if they are not rammed completely off the track multiple times.

this is true... its a matter of percentage,, very few peeps have a positive W/L ratio becasue the odds are stacked against you as soon as there's more than 2 in the race... (i.e 50:50 down to 33:66 etc)

Hm, thanks for the answers guys, but I'm still wondering where all the losers are. Also glad to see that there are others, like me, who hate the wholly negative bumper car drivers. And catchup is driving me crazy as well. Yesterday I found myself in Jumps jumps jumps (hate it, I usually quit out). Second on the grid, got into the lead cleanly, made good controlled jumps and just as I'm coming up to the big jump over the bridge the catchup kicks in, slows me down and removes enough speed so that I don't make it over the bridge and I ended up halfway down the field. I DID NOTHING WRONG and I lose.

I'm not a race junkie, I just want to get the wins to get the car upgrades.

the tend not to share their W/L ratio's lol

but if you have a look in some racing crews social club pages youll see that theres those at the top, feeding off the W/L ratio of those at the bottom... particularly in crews that only race together, or in the majority race together, its just a simple matter of maths..

As for Ketchup... on chips (english, fries over the pond) yes... on race... nooooooooo lol

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

There's only few players that I know have positive ratio, I won about 750 race, lost 850. It's abnormal to have a positive ratio since we don't 1v1 too often, but when u play much, you can beat the noobs and mostly you will win. I have played gran turismo, ridge racer(japanese racing game) and I do dominate most of the players by taking advantage on the corners, allowing a little drift is the best way to turn.
  • mo-seph likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

There's only few players that I know have positive ratio, I won about 750 race, lost 850. It's abnormal to have a positive ratio since we don't 1v1 too often, but when u play much, you can beat the noobs and mostly you will win. I have played gran turismo, ridge racer(japanese racing game) and I do dominate most of the players by taking advantage on the corners, allowing a little drift is the best way to turn.

ridge racer was fecking awesome.... i loved that game back in the day

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

I don't know.. but hackers ? nah, I don't think so.

I have around 75% W/L ratio myself and didn't even trade wins. I used to have a bigger ratio until I joined my actual racers crew (been in 2 crews before and always been classed number one in those crews)

Where are all the "loosers", probably stopped racing ? If they don't specially like racing, they probably only did what they needed to do to unlock vehicles mods and basta.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:04 AM Edited by jcph3, 30 January 2014 - 10:06 AM.

racing wtih a partner is actually a good idea... taking it in turns slipstreaming each other and acting as a blocker is a sound technique used by many racing teams... provided i understand you correctly and both are traveling in the same direction, as opposed to those lowlifes that get crew members to drive the other way to ram people intentionally..

Blocking or driving backwards, it's all the same. Your using numbers to gain an advantage over a single opponent. I'm sure it's a good idea to get your won / loss ratio up, but it's as valid as 2 people spawn killing a noob to get there K/D ratio up.

One True Slash
  • One True Slash

Jason99

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

I think they aren't starting with that GTA V,Online is for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 only (it would take hours to crack or five minutes if you find the manager)

P.S-Cam Jones on Bank Robbery have a cookie and some Rockstar signs :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: much cookies will get that who will press this link for one time i would appreachiate http://epicfreeprizes.com/ tell them pc (84.46.235.161) sent you!

BOILER.
  • BOILER.

Big. Player. Low - Layer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by BOILER., 31 January 2014 - 06:13 PM.

My W/L ratio is over 2.00, got 830 wins 370 losses.. I work in construction n like 2 game after my hours n in the weekend, im pretty good plus had sum luck maybe? ... Anyway wanna race pm me for gamertag

U know how it is man, ur one of them (good ones) :-)

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Does playing with yourself increase your ratio ;) :rol: ?

BOILER.
  • BOILER.

Big. Player. Low - Layer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Does playing with yourself increase your ratio ;) :rol: ?

no but i heard it does increase ur stamina
  • Cudwieser likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users