Red Dead Redemption 2 will release in 2014

50 replies to this topic
GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:55 PM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 29 January 2014 - 11:57 PM.

I can assure you Rockstar is swimming in money from their GTA V sales.

A big company needs money flow, so why not release it this year, if nothing else?

Right, as if they don't have the money right now :/

Because they made one big sale, that calls for slowing down production. No.

Plus, they are probably using all of that money on making their next game/s, therefore the faster one comes out, the faster they make money. Another year, probably equals $100m spent and with the new gen out, why not release something to get money?

Business smarts.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

I don't believe that Red Dead ''Revolution'' will be out this year, maybe in 2016. This year is the same year as it was in 2008/2009... Grand Theft Auto. In 2015 R* will release AGENT.

Oh really, do you have a mole working for R*? Odds are they're remaking Agent for PS4 seeing as it missed its release window by a whole f*cking generation.

I didn't say I work for R* or that I know someone from R*, I'm just saying that AGENT was announced in 2009 I think, Take2 even told us that AGENT is in full Development, while the next Red Dead game isn't even announced + R* will release 2 story DLCs for V this year.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

Uptown Punk

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Two? When did that happen, I only heard about one?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

A big company needs money flow, so why not release it this year, if nothing else?

Plus, they are probably using all of that money on making their next game/s, therefore the faster one comes out, the faster they make money. Another year, probably equals $100m spent and with the new gen out, why not release something to get money?

Business smarts.

GTA V made $10 billion, $2-4 billion is Rockstar's profit so spending money creating games should be like wasting pocket money.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Not a good prediction. It's basically GTA V over and over again. Anyone on here in the from from 2012 will know what I am talking about. Everyone were expecting a late 2012 release and we got a late 2013 release instead. Rockstar need to market the game first and Rockstar usually, market their games extensively. They need time. 

The only Rockstar games I see releasing this year are the GTA V DLC's and the GTA V PC version. We could expect an announcement for a new Rockstar game but certainly not for a release.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

I just want Bully 2.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

They are probably going to release RDR online Free 2 Play in 2016.

You can become a founder if you give all R* employees a blowjob, eye contact, no cum dodging.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

Like everyone has been saying, we probably won't get a Red Dead game for another year. And if you ask me, that's a good thing. Rockstar has to get used to next gen hardware and all that even if it isn't as big a leap as it was from the Xbox/PS2 to the 360/PS3. Let them release a 'smaller' project (which some would argue GTA IV was compared to RDR, L.A. Noire, and V) like Bully 2 first and then let them bring out the big guns like VI and Red Dead R-word.

And for what it's worth, most of those analysts are rubbish. Their predictions are either wrong or so broad that there's a larger chance of being right. I an think of a few people on this forum who are better analysts than the 'professionals' who get paid.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Red Dead Redemption is a spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver. It was originally created by Capcom (Angel Studio's, now R* San Diego).

http://www.rockstarg...eddeadrevolver/

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by Secura, 01 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

Anyone who actually believes this article is moronic in ways I can't even begin to describe, I mean come on, in the first sentence it mentions that "Red Dead 3 and GTA V should release in 2014". Despite the fact that GTA V launched four months ago in September of 2013, so clearly the author of this article doesn't have a damn clue what they're talking about. 

End of discussion.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

Uptown Punk

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Red Dead Redemption is a spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver. It was originally created by Capcom (Angel Studio's, now R* San Diego).http://www.rockstarg...eddeadrevolver/

I was talking about GTA V DLC's, not RDR.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

I just want Bully 2.

This. Please rockstar. I will do anything. .....

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

They can barely get gta online functioning RDR 2 shouldn't be a priority right now lol

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

Business smarts.

GTA V made $10 billion, $2-4 billion is Rockstar's profit so spending money creating games should be like wasting pocket money.

That's not how a business is ran. You don't slow production just because one product set records and earned you the most profit. Especially how many times they had to work on the crappy online for GTA5.

Either way, I can see it coming out this year, maybe by the end.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

tymaster50, on 02 Feb 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

They can barely get gta online functioning RDR 2 shouldn't be a priority right now lol

GTA Online is funnctioning well enough for me and the rest of my friends, dont blame the game that no one wants to play with you .

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Business smarts.

That's not how a business is ran. You don't slow production just because one product set records and earned you the most profit. Especially how many times they had to work on the crappy online for GTA5.

I never said anything about them slow production down. But never does a company make more than one game at one time. And crappy GTA Online is subjective, if you don't have anyone to play with or you've never touched it. But then again, heists can make it better. WAY better.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

I'd need more time. I probably wont have the money to buy an Xbox One or PS4 until they start dropping the prices. 

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

Business smarts.

I never said anything about them slow production down. But never does a company make more than one game at one time. And crappy GTA Online is subjective, if you don't have anyone to play with or you've never touched it. But then again, heists can make it better. WAY better.

Rockstar games has many divisions, Rockstar NYC, Leeds, etc. So they are always having more than one project at a time.

I have played it and all the crap wrong with it, turned me off from it.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

I think one aspect that could weigh in on when major AAA titles are released is how much the install base on the new generation has grown.  I wouldn't think they would want to release another Read Dead within the first year of the PS4/XB1 if the install base is too low to sell as many copies as they'd like, especially since the next Read Dead has the potential to sell in record numbers given the success of RDR.

I'd guess 2014 to be a GTA V PC, next gen, DLC and Online expansion year.  Plenty of money still to be made from V.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

R* use to release a game every other year, don't they? Why would they suddenly give out two games in two years?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

I think they will release gta online standalone for the new consoles with Los Santos, and Liberty City and maybe Vice City and release the next red dead game in 2015.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users