» «
Photo

Red Dead Redemption 2 will release in 2014

50 replies to this topic
Jay_Morris
  • Jay_Morris

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:46 AM Edited by Jay_Morris, 28 January 2014 - 09:48 AM.

Research firm predicts RDR2, GTA V PC/NextGen in 2014 A research firm predicts Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA V will hit in 2014.

A brand new research report, titled “2014 Video Game Industry Predictions and Q4 Results Preview,” by Baird Equity has shared predictions regarding Rockstar Games’ lineup for 2014. Fans of the studio will no doubt be eRDR-Marston.jpgxcited to discover what has been predicted. Analyst Colin Sebastian mentioned that Take Two has a PC/next-gen version of GTA V ready, and is possibly working on Red Dead Redemption 2 as well. He said:

"Take Two continues to produce some of the highest-quality console and PC games, which we believe should transition well on next-gen platforms. We expect product announcements over the next year such as extending GTA V to other platforms (e.g., PC, next-gen consoles), the next Red Dead, etc., to help improve revenue and earnings visibility. In addition, the company has significant potential to grow digital/onnline revenues, which should help improve gross margins and add visibility to growth.

We expect PC version of GTA V in 2014. Recently, Amazon.com posted a product listing for a PC-version of the company’s blockbuster franchise Grand Theft Auto V (GTA). While a PC version would not be a big surprise, this indirect confirmation of the game helps to provide some added visibility to consensus F2015 (Mar) estimates.

In fact, we have previously published that GTA-extensions are in the development pipeline, and likely needed for the company to hit FY targets. We also believe the next Red Dead game is in the works potentially for a 2014 launch"

Numerous sources have predicted that GTA V will come to PC and next-gen, and yet still Rockstar has not made an official announcement. Speculation that one is coming soon has continued and perhaps they are right. It would make sense for the studio to release the massive open-world game on PC and next-gen consoles, especially considering they made billions off it.

Rockstar Games has incredibly high quality standards, so Red Dead Redemption will more than likely be delayed into 2015, if it is in fact in development.

What do our readers think? Will we see Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA V release this year on PC and next-gen consoles? Let us know what you think.

GTA Online continues to be a massive achievement on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with feedback Rockstar intends to improve the experience even more so. So far they have released numerous content updates and patches, fixing the game, the economy, and the aiming at the cheating players found in-game.

• JayWeazel likes this

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Sly Bastard

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

I call bullsh*t, analysts are usually wrong when it comes to games.

• DeafMetal, HUGOHL and TaviColen123 like this

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

It won't release this year, but they are working on it (which Rockstar themselves basically confirmed last year), so I would guess an announcement of it this year with release Q3-Q4 2015. 

I don't think it will be a sequel to Red Dead Redemption but rather a new era/story, aka Red Dead 3. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:05 PM Edited by Fireman, 28 January 2014 - 12:05 PM.

It won't release this year, but they are working on it (which Rockstar themselves basically confirmed last year), so I would guess an announcement of it this year with release Q3-Q4 2015. 

I don't think it will be a sequel to Red Dead Redemption but rather a new era/story, aka Red Dead 3. 

Oh look another analyst with a well-written research report.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, my bet is 2015 That will be 5 years from RDR (2010). If it was releasing this year, I think we would have heard or seen something like a screenshot or even just some official announcement. 

• Raavi likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by Raavi, 28 January 2014 - 02:16 PM.

Not that I would mind it releasing this year, to the contrary really. But I don't see it even being remotely feasible considering that Rockstar Games hasn't even as much as hinted at a next Red Dead installment let alone put up an announcement.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by Emmi, 28 January 2014 - 03:36 PM.

Hmm, well I really doubt most of this. Though it's some kind of obvious that another Red Dead is currently in the works, Red Dead Redemption proofed to be the next superb project from the talented guys at R* San Diego. Red Dead is the 2nd most successful franchise for R* (I think) and by many it's no step behind a GTA game. So another Red Dead makes perfect sense but I really really doubt that they'll announce it this year. Not to speak of releasing it ;) The researchers here really don't seem to know R* as a company very well. I expect them to announce Bully 2 throughout this year and of course a GTA V PC/next-gen version will launch in the near future I'd assume.

It's too early for another Red Dead - it's time for Bully 2 now and I think R* is well aware of that. They just want to hype the next Red Dead a bit more - it'll pay off in the end as they've seen with GTA V sales.

One thing is for sure - if R* doesn't dramatically change their way of doing things since a few years then we cannot expect a major AAA title from them this year. They will announce sth but the release will not be before next year.

I'm excited for another Red Dead but I'd prefer a sequel to one of their best games yet (imo) - Bully. This year I expect GTA V PC/next-gen announcement, various GTA Online updates and the major story mode DLC for GTA V. Also a Bully 2 announcement which is well overdue.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Lmao, what a load of sh*t. R* aren't gonna release anything this year, and maybe even next year seeing as they're swimming in cash right now. But no doubt, there will be a new Red Dead this gen. I hope San Diego still develop it.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Sly Bastard

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I'd like to see another Warriors game, or at least a HD release.
  • Mister Pink likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

Nate is Love, Nate is Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

In 2009, the year after GTA IV released, there was a focus on episodic content and Red Dead Redemption was supposed to be released later that fall, but was delayed into 2010. We may very well have at least a confirmation of a new game, wether it be Red Dead or Bully, sometime this year.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Dr. King Schultz

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

As long as RDR is on Next Gen, I'm definatly game.

• FranklinDeRoosevelt likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Well yeah lol, they wouldn't waste the new RDR on the piece of sh*t current gen consoles. sh*t hardware.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Dr. King Schultz

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:02 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 28 January 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Yeah Rock* wouldn't do that - ^ GTA V ^ LOL :lol: - Current gen

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

LOL. But that's because it's been 3 and a half years since 4 came out, so it made sense. But I get what you're saying.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

I have a feeling its either 2015 or 2016. Why do I say that?

Why would Rockstar release two of their triple A titles close together. A year is just way too close. I mean GTA IV to RDR was 2 years. RDR to GTA V was 3 years. So my guess will be 2015 without a delay. With a delay ( Most likely ) than it will be 2016. 

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:21 AM Edited by Forzum, 29 January 2014 - 09:21 AM.

Oh look another analyst with a well-written research report.

Well it's obvious it won't release this year and it's obvious it won't release in 2017, so 2015-2016 is most likely, and knowing rockstar they usually announce their games when there is at least a year left to release, that's why I guess for Q3-Q4 next year.

R* did say that we were to stay tuned for further announcements regarding the Red Dead series in July 2012.

Not that I would mind it releasing this year, to the contrary really. But I don't see it even being remotely feasible considering that Rockstar Games hasn't even as much as hinted at a next Red Dead installment let alone put up an announcement.

They have, 1,5 year ago they told us to stay tuned for further announcements about the Red Dead series, that was in an Q&A. 

Link (it's almost the last question): http://www.rockstarg...eft-auto-v.html

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I don't believe that Red Dead ''Revolution'' will be out this year, maybe in 2016. This year is the same year as it was in 2008/2009... Grand Theft Auto. In 2015 R* will release AGENT.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Sly Bastard

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by Mr Scratch, 29 January 2014 - 05:23 PM.

I don't believe that Red Dead ''Revolution'' will be out this year, maybe in 2016. This year is the same year as it was in 2008/2009... Grand Theft Auto. In 2015 R* will release AGENT.

Oh really, do you have a mole working for R*? Odds are they're remaking Agent for PS4 seeing as it missed its release window by a whole f*cking generation.
  • Dutch Psycho likes this

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

im not even gonna capitalize my post or use proper grammar

opening post is just utter trash.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

We haven't even heard a peep about Agent since 2009, and that was just the smallest announcement you could ever see. Biggest delayed development I've ever seen since Nuke Dukem. We don't know if they've been given a PS4 devkit at that time, or they simply were just slacking.

Johan.
  • Johan.

Got milk?

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

I really doubt that, I'm guessing they won't announce their next game until this Fall the earliest and releases next year.

Whether it's Red Dead or Bully, or something different is something I'm not sure of. Definitely hoping for a new Red Dead though!

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by Neo Arcadia, 29 January 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Agent is never coming out. Its "existence" was just a tool R* used to weasel their way out of the deal with Sony to make a PS3 exclusive.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

A big company needs money flow, so why not release it this year, if nothing else?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

I can assure you Rockstar is swimming in money from their GTA V sales.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

A big company needs money flow, so why not release it this year, if nothing else?

Right, as if they don't have the money right now :/

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

They made $2 - 2.50 billion (dollars) due to GTA V. If the release a PC/Next gen version, they are guaranteed to make another $500 million.

R* right now:

obama-money.gif

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 29 January 2014 - 11:29 PM.

They made $2 - 2.50 billion (dollars) due to GTA V. If the release a PC/Next gen version, they are guaranteed to make another $500 million.

R* right now:

obama-money.gif

In reality though R* only made maybe $300-400 million. GTA V cost what? Almost $200 million? The sale of each individual copy of GTA V gets split up between the retail store, publisher, Microsoft/Sony etc. But obviously Take-Two will give them $$$ too when need be.

The publisher (Take-Two) usually gets the largest chunk of $$$.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:25 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 29 January 2014 - 11:28 PM.

They've sold 30 million copies in 6 weeks and each game is $60 = $10,800,000,000

A lot of that goes to Take Two as they own Rockstar. Even after giving some of them to TT, they are rich for life.

They've made $10 billion for god's sake. They've beaten everything in the music industry, game industry and mobile industry. Even Apple don't make this much money this fast.

The retail doesn't get much from each copy so it doesn't make a big difference for Rockstar, but if you count all 30 million copies, then yes, retailers altogether have been paid a lot.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

They've sold 30 million copies in 6 weeks and each game is $60 = $10,800,000,000

A lot of that goes to Take Two as they own Rockstar. Even after giving some of them to TT, they are rich for life.

They've made $10 billion for god's sake. They've beaten everything in the music industry, game industry and mobile industry. Even Apple don't make this much money this fast.

The retail doesn't get much from each copy so it doesn't make a big difference for Rockstar, but if you count all 30 million copies, then yes, retailers altogether have been paid a lot.

You forgot to add Hollywood (Movie Industry) :p

Its really crazy how popular GTA V is.

@NYCPatrol.... True but $500 million profit is still a lot.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Well once he hit the next gen bandwagon, it will only get crazier since they have a MUCH better hardware to work with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users