Photo

Why do peds hate you in this game?

90 replies to this topic
RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by RiaJay21, 29 January 2014 - 12:00 PM.

Imagine. You're a stuck up Rockford Hills rich kid with a social circle about as vapid and deluded as you are. Your only worry is what next to blow all your 'hard earned' trust fund money on, or which exclusive party you didn't get invited to this weekend.

Then, this guy nearing fifty walks by you. He's wearing filthy clothes, looks like he hasn't washed in days, has 'Cut Here' tattooed on his neck. Probably, he's a redneck. He has this crazy look in his eyes and may or may not be wielding a crowbar.

At least, that's why I figured peds call the cops on Trevor just for looking at them.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Somebody nexts to record a video so all this bullsh*t can stop once and for all. Nobody here is right neither nobody here is wrong.

Are you always posting in V's favor? I've noticed that all you do is commend it and dis anybody who has anything bad to say about it. Seriously grow up or leave this forum. For 4 damn months all you've been doing is making posts like this. Its getting to the point where nobody needs nor cares about your input because all you do is defend everything about the game. For example:

- somebody points out small problems that are annoying = nitpicking to your/a problem no one cares about
- somebody brings up a bigger problem = you're always in the games favor
Etc.

You don't even need to post because we already know- we already know that you'll disagree with anything negative or agree with anything in V's favor. You're worse than a typical fanboy.
  • Miamivicecity, Woll Smoth and matajuegos01 like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

It is actually realistic that way. I don't have much trouble with that playing as Michael either unless i'm getting in somebodies face. Now picture real life for a moment and if your sitting on a bench or standing on a sidewalk on the phone and some guy looking like Trevor or some little punk black thug like Franklin comes up and is standing like 6 inches from you and not giving you the proper space then of course it will be weird. I'm sure you are doing things that in real life would give you problems from somebody like circling around a person or being very creepy to them.

But it's a game, and V is anything but realistic. Personally I liked the reaction of peds in IV a lot better.

When you pushed them or got in their way they would curse you and just continue walking. It's hilarious, especially to the Puerto Ricans in Bohan. 

Spoiler

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

@StingrayX

Please if you don't have anything really that smart to past against me than the typical ''Oh no you're a f*cking fanboy we've seen you doing X and X and X while sh*tting on everyone who doesn't like GTA X'' then refrain from reffering to this topic if you don't have two cents to talk about the real matter in here.

All i've seen you is reply to people telling them they're goddamned hypocrites and assholes when you don't even seem to carry on the matter. You sir don't have to reply, you'll go to my ignore list.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

I played IV yesterday, pedestrians talk to themselves, Not to the ones infront of them, they might do some animation but thats just that.

That can't be right. Every time I play IV, I see peds having conversations with another person infront of them, not to themselves.

The only time  I know when a ped would be talking to "themselves" is when they're on their phone.

• Miamivicecity, Sting4S and Woll Smoth like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Actually to the whole running around and pushing pedestrian thing alot of pedestrians do have mixed reactions about it, plus the pshysics engine has allowed me to walk over bums who are sleeping on the sidewalk or abandoned warehouses.

Also I say that because I've never seen a pedestrian agree or remotely reply to what the other has been saying. I've played IV a lot to notice this little thing that has been buggering me. I just recently entered the Burger shot and I saw a couple of persons staring at eachother without even talking. Maybe its because of the console version not having this little feature, who knows?

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by thatGuyyy, 29 January 2014 - 05:44 PM.

Imagine. You're a stuck up Rockford Hills rich kid with a social circle about as vapid and deluded as you are. Your only worry is what next to blow all your 'hard earned' trust fund money on, or which exclusive party you didn't get invited to this weekend.

Then, this guy nearing fifty walks by you. He's wearing filthy clothes, looks like he hasn't washed in days, has 'Cut Here' tattooed on his neck. Probably, he's a redneck. He has this crazy look in his eyes and may or may not be wielding a crowbar.

At least, that's why I figured peds call the cops on Trevor just for looking at them.

People do the same to Michael and Franklin aswell

Actually to the whole running around and pushing pedestrian thing alot of pedestrians do have mixed reactions about it, plus the pshysics engine has allowed me to walk over bums who are sleeping on the sidewalk or abandoned warehouses.

Also I say that because I've never seen a pedestrian agree or remotely reply to what the other has been saying. I've played IV a lot to notice this little thing that has been buggering me. I just recently entered the Burger shot and I saw a couple of persons staring at eachother without even talking. Maybe its because of the console version not having this little feature, who knows?

V isn't much better, most of the time they're just saying the same words repeatedly without having an actual conversation

• Miamivicecity and Bonnano like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

I've never played the console version, so I wouldn't know. But something like that should be there regardless.

And as you were saying the conversations do seem random. I thought about that while playing as well, but most of the times if I listen to the whole conversation they do sorta reply correctly to each other.

Like when a guy hits on a girl with incredibly corny lines, 9/10 she would reject him. Also when they see you with a weapon out they would say "that's crazy" or something along those lines and just stare at you or run away. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

@ThattGuy

They actually entable conversations amongst themselves and tend to agree or either disagree most of the time. The first one will atleast comment about two things and the second one will atleast comment about 1 thing. Pedestrians depending on who they are will either agree or disagree to the whole thing.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

@ThattGuy

They actually entable conversations amongst themselves and tend to agree or either disagree most of the time. The first one will atleast comment about two things and the second one will atleast comment about 1 thing. Pedestrians depending on who they are will either agree or disagree to the whole thing.

I've seen the same in IV, what's your point?

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by Militia, 29 January 2014 - 06:02 PM.

This is GTA V, quit talking about GTA IV and comparing games ^^^^

Each game's cop system/ped system is slightly different than the next.  Can't handle it?  Stop playing.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by Tenxax, 29 January 2014 - 06:21 PM.

@RyanBurns

It might be the console version. However i've seen some Gangbangers and Cab drivers hit on women aswell in V.

@ThattGuy

No it wasn't the same in IV. It was different.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

@RyanBurns

It might be the console version. However i've seen some Gangbangers and Cab drivers hit on women aswell.

@ThattGuy

ThatGuy isn't really a credible source and it clearly shows.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by StingrayX, 29 January 2014 - 06:31 PM.

@Tenxax - I'm sorry, I don't follow you. Can you please break up that piece of sh*t run on sentence you made that is the size of a paragraph?

And don't try to turn things around on me or deny my accusations.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

@RyanBurns

It might be the console version. However i've seen some Gangbangers and Cab drivers hit on women aswell.

@ThattGuy

ThatGuy isn't really a credible source and it clearly shows.

I love how you're so obsessed with me ever since I put you in your place

Keep giving me attention, Im loving it :)

@RyanBurns

It might be the console version. However i've seen some Gangbangers and Cab drivers hit on women aswell in V.

@ThattGuy

No, it wasn't. Cleary you haven't played IV or you're just to oblivious to notice

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

People do the same to Michael and Franklin aswell

Haha, I know, I was just using Trevor because he seems like the most ... uh ... vivid example.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Do you love it because it's so hard for you to have anyone pay attention in real life?  ^^^

:cry:

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I was only thinking the other day that GTA V peds barks are kinda tedious.

I think Rockstar is trying to be more grown up, the GTA SA peds barks were more for laughs ("Them white boys had me on Crystal Meth")!

Those were the days! 

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

I was only thinking the other day that GTA V peds barks are kinda tedious.

I think Rockstar is trying to be more grown up, the GTA SA peds barks were more for laughs ("Them white boys had me on Crystal Meth")!

Those were the days! 

Peds rarely make me laugh in V like they did in previous GTA's. Everything they say is pretty generic

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

I was playing GTA V yesterday and mostly the peds just stand around (sometimes not even talking to eachother) and usually when they do it's just a blank agreement or disagreement.

It's pretty much like it is in GTA IV, but Tenxax is making it seem like it's a major advancement when it really isn't.

thatGuyyy: Agreed. The peds in GTA V are humourless robots. Easily the worst in the series. The only decent ones are the unique peds such as the guy who thinks he's Jesus or Impotent Rage. The run of mill peds suck.

• Bonnano likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

thatGuyyy: Agreed. The peds in GTA V are humourless robots. Easily the worst in the series. The only decent ones are the unique peds such as the guy who thinks he's Jesus or Impotent Rage. The run of mill peds suck.

I instantly knew they tried way too hard and failed when a countryside fat lady suddenly said 'I like turtles' and some other girl said 'uh-huh honey'

I didn't grin, it was just a blatant f*ckup. Everything else in this game is amazing, I love it so much. But the peds are something that is really worth nitpicking.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:59 AM Edited by I Am NADA, 30 January 2014 - 01:00 AM.

Someone's bias is showing. I'm not saying what I think of the peds dialouge (the argument is too trivial for me to get involved in), but if you really think GTAV's peds are the worst ever, you need to replay GTAIII or VC. They repeat the same lines endlessly, and to no one at all. I can still hear the exact line "I am king Cubano, meng!", like, the inflection and accent and everything. Its burned in my brain.

Also, I don't know why people are saying the peds physical reactions to players suck, I just shoulder checked the sh*t out of someone as Trevor earlier just by purposely running right into them.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Go to a Police station and you'll see how some of the cops do have conversations, its either two topics by the first one and the second one will just talk about one. Then they stop with it and one of them goes walking away. I am not saying it is a huge achievement to the series or anything, but atleast its sorta of believable.

And some other times they actually threaten other pedestrians (although the latter will not call the cops and will only beg for forgiveness).

@ThatGuy

I played IV just an hour ago, I went inside the Burger shot near Elizabeta's apartment and I saw 3 guys just blankly staring at each other without even talking, then one of them went away and that was just that.

OT:

I've gotta say, no pedestrians is better than the other they all suck in their own ways. But i've noticed San Andreas pedestrians beat the crap outta the IV ones. It doesn't matter if they can't carry objects, they do what they're ment to do.

I mean I see Drug dealers walking around offering people drugs and you have the ability to respond to them, based on your respect status they would either go away or attack you.

Police officers would both pursuit perps in vehicles and on foot. And people sometimes would creep behind them and attack them.

I also remember that people inside places would so sh*t instead of just sitting and starting at you, I remember going inside the Pizza stack and a woman walked up to the counter and the cashier offered her one of the meals, then she went back to her table and started eating a pizza!

I sometimes feel the pedestrians in IV were sorta of a downgrade  but they kinda had their ups aswell. With the V pedestrians I do feel more variety and that they interact around the world and such, to me IV felt like it lacked that kind of variety.

Oh and I just crashed a woman near Niko's safehouse in algoquin, she went flying out but she didn't die, she turned around staring at her vehicle and a random pedestrian jumped on the Hood of it, as soon as I poked the vehicle she screamed then went back inside of it. Immersion at its finest.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

The thing with the peds in GTA III and VC is while what they said was corny and stupid it was memorable. I guarantee everyone here could recall at least one thing they would say and that's why it's burnt into their minds. Hell in GTA IV I still get a bit of a giggle when I hear "Cheesy Vaginas" and "Stupid Malaka" randomly.

As for the peds physical reactions that's the only way they will by physically running into them. Walking passed and brushing up against a ped is like brushing a wall. It's unnatural and stupid IMO.

Tenxax: I hope you realise there are drug dealers in GTA IV that offer their products to other peds too. I made a video last night and posted it in the "Cool Things You Didn't Know About: IV Edition" thread in the GTA IV forum.

Peds buy things from vendors and news stands. I agree inside of restaurants such as BurgerShot they mostly just stand there doing nothing, but again they're not much better in GTA V either.

I just don't feel it was a major or significant improvement in GTA V. They do some things differently and other things they seem like they've gone backwards from GTA IV.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

Anything is memorable when you hear it a thousand times from the same NPC, skinned the same way, before your very first play through is over.

• Militia and Mr Oraange like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Im getting pretty sick and tired of hearing ''Damn police''.

Oh and if you don't remember in IV they pushed the pedestrians, there was an animation where they would push the pedestrian. In V they dont push them, they walk towards them but they dont push them.

• RiaJay21 likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Im getting pretty sick and tired of hearing ''Damn police''.

Oh and if you don't remember in IV they pushed the pedestrians, there was an animation where they would push the pedestrian. In V they dont push them, they walk towards them but they dont push them.

Yeah, they don't push them, they SHOT them.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

SonOfLiberty, on 28 Jan 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Even if it was added for the sake of "realism" it's still annoying. In every other GTA you can walk around, stand by peds, take in the scenery etc without the fear of being assf*cked by the law for a stupid reason such as standing near someone.

I agree it's an immersion killer. It's one of the reasons I find on foot exploration in this game to be unpleasant.

You find everything unpleasent in this game since you dont give up on your beloved GTA IV .

• Militia likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

@SonOfLiberty

But the drug dealers are most spawned in a certain location, most drug dealers in San Andreas would spawn around a path and walks toward a location that seemed to be lacking a patrolling cop.

In IV I din't really feel a improvement either, they can buy stuff from vendors but so did they in eirlier games apart from IV and it ins't really a big deal either. Somehow I felt like I was in a mocap session with a bunch of people being told to do a random thing of their own and to dismiss the knowledge that they existed.

Plus as I said before, the girl that flew out of the windshield. Oh and I never seen a pedestrian eat something either, they buy stuff but they never use it so whats the point? I've ocasionally seen a cop taking a sip from their cup of coffe but normal peds dont. Whats up with that? Plus in real life if you walk towards someone they wont trip and fall unless you push them.

As for pedestrians in V, I saw this guy park his buffalo near a bank at Pacific bluffs, he approached the ATMs then went back to it and drove to Mirror park and pulled on the driveway of a random house then pulled out his Ifruit phone, as I looked at him funny he told me he would call the cops and so you know the rest.

I admit pedestrians in IV had some great things though. I always liked when they would read a book or a newspaper and also when they were walking listening to music. Those were great details and some of them like the music listening did make it to V but some others didn't and I am kinda dissapointed but I know its limitations. Otherwhise I would agree with this whole thing.

MataJuegos:

Whadda ya mean?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

SonOfLiberty, on 28 Jan 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Even if it was added for the sake of "realism" it's still annoying. In every other GTA you can walk around, stand by peds, take in the scenery etc without the fear of being assf*cked by the law for a stupid reason such as standing near someone.

I agree it's an immersion killer. It's one of the reasons I find on foot exploration in this game to be unpleasant.

You find everything unpleasent in this game since you dont give up on your beloved GTA IV .

So constructive criticism isn't allowed? I've praised GTA V on quite a number of occasions. It's a fun game, but I don't like some of the decisions R* made.

I will voice my criticisms whether people like it or not. I could've easily just said the peds in GTA V don't annoy me and everything's fine and dandy, but then I'd be lying and I like to think of myself as a honest person even if what I say isn't what other people want to hear. Also I'm not sure why I'd give up on my so called "beloved "GTA IV as I still regard as the best GTA.

Tenxax: I see what you're saying and like I said I do appreciate that some of the peds do different things to those in GTA IV, but I still don't think it was a significant improvement.

Speaking of drug dealers I haven't encountered any in GTA V yet, but to be fair I didn't notice them in GTA IV until about a year ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users