Photo

Why do peds hate you in this game?

90 replies to this topic
thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

If I stand more than 2 seconds beside a ped they either walk/run away or call the cops on me, like wtf?

It gets really annoying and it totally ruins the immersion for me. The only interaction I get from peds is when they punch me in the face for staring at them

• Woll Smoth likes this

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Samson gets me lifted

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

It is actually realistic that way. I don't have much trouble with that playing as Michael either unless i'm getting in somebodies face. Now picture real life for a moment and if your sitting on a bench or standing on a sidewalk on the phone and some guy looking like Trevor or some little punk black thug like Franklin comes up and is standing like 6 inches from you and not giving you the proper space then of course it will be weird. I'm sure you are doing things that in real life would give you problems from somebody like circling around a person or being very creepy to them.

• visionist, lizardman563, lol232 and 11 others like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:28 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 28 January 2014 - 07:29 AM.

Yeah it`s actually pretty sh*tty especially when all the peds in an area will look at you then all walk away like a bunch of mongoloids.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

I'll be back...

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

They need their personal space. But they should warn the player first, instead of calling us immediately.
  • visionist, lol232, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:33 AM Edited by Woll Smoth, 28 January 2014 - 07:37 AM.

I agree OP. The peds in this game are straight up sh*t!

Try walking into the bar; you are guaranteed to get in a fight just for walking in. :/

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

I don't think it's very realistic. Since when do people run away in masses from somebody simply standing near them? That's stupid. My problem is the peds are very inconsistent. I remember once I said hi to this construction worker and he said "f*ck off'. So a few seconds later I said hi to him again and he was nice to me. Did he forget who I was?

Give me the Libertonians any day.

• Tony., visionist, boxmonster and 6 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

As I understand from pedestrian comments, on top of everything else Trevor smells really bad.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

Ya.. makes me wonder how the R* location scouts were behaving in LA that they got the impression that ppl out here are constantly calling the cops on others.
  • tadejpetric likes this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 07:57 AM.

I don't think it's very realistic. Since when do people run away in masses from somebody simply standing near them? That's stupid. My problem is the peds are very inconsistent. I remember once I said hi to this construction worker and he said "f*ck off'. So a few seconds later I said hi to him again and he was nice to me. Did he forget who I was?

It makes no sense. I was at the airport around the drop-off area where a crowd of people are standing with their luggage, and I walked up to one person. And 5 seconds later he called the cops on me and EVERYONE starting running away leaving their luggage behind

Like how does that make any sense, wtf was R* thinking? Give me LC anyday, atleast Libertonians aren't pussies that are scared of everything

Not to mention you get three stars for punching a cop. Yeah its totally realistic that a police force would send choppers and a SWAT team because one unarmed guy punched a cop, seems legit

I'm starting to really hate this game

• SonOfLiberty and matajuegos01 like this

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Samson gets me lifted

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

They need their personal space. But they should warn the player first, instead of calling us immediately.

They usually do give some time a warning, but it is hit and miss. For example when I am harassing slutty girls on the beach they will usually say something like "if you dont get the f*ck away from me im calling the cops ect. Other times the peds over react BUT I would like to see you (looking like trevor) in real life start harassing women in Beverly Hills without them flipping the hell out on you. These people are extremely sheltered, stuck up, and consider anybody that isn't rich a worthless criminal. The mere sight of a real life Trevor in those parts would have them VERY uncomfortable and those people call the police for much much stupider sh*t than that. These are the type of people that call police because somebody f*cked up their salad and it has cucumbers when i specifically said NO CUCUMBERS! DONT YOU KNOW IM ALLERGIC?! ATTEMPTED MURDER!

• visionist and LILSPILLYUM like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:14 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 08:15 AM.

They usually do give some time a warning, but it is hit and miss. For example when I am harassing slutty girls on the beach they will usually say something like "if you dont get the f*ck away from me im calling the cops ect. Other times the peds over react BUT I would like to see you (looking like trevor) in real life start harassing women in Beverly Hills without them flipping the hell out on you. These people are extremely sheltered, stuck up, and consider anybody that isn't rich a worthless criminal. The mere sight of a real life Trevor in those parts would have them VERY uncomfortable and those people call the police for much much stupider sh*t than that. These are the type of people that call police because somebody f*cked up their salad and it has cucumbers when i specifically said NO CUCUMBERS! DONT YOU KNOW IM ALLERGIC?! ATTEMPTED MURDER!

I approached some random male hiker in the middle of nowhere with Michael and he called the cops on me without warning

So its not just slutty diva's that do this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

It's the calling cops on me for standing in public property that bothers me the most. I can understand this happening if I'm playing as Trevor as he's apparently a bit smelly and Charles Mansony. But this happens when I'm playing as Michael, the family man/friendly bank robber. It doesn't make sense and is pretty annoying.

• Cutter De Blanc and Bonnano like this

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Samson gets me lifted

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

I approached some random male hiker in the middle of nowhere with Michael and he called the cops on me without warning

Well then it's obviously a coding problem. People at R* gave the same slutty terrified of being robbed/raped personality to other peds besides just the ones that needed it. You do have to remember though that a lot of those hikers are from a posh area of L.A. and are stuck up and will call cops quick as well. in fact the nature loving rich douches can be some of the worst to encounter. A lot of the more blue collar types will either run/fight me which is about right, and gang types resort to insane levels of violence instantly which is much more unrealistic. In real life gang members are 9/10 not going to murder you if they already greatly out number you and know they can just easily kick the sh*t out of you to rob you. Why catch a murder case to get the wallet when you can just get assault and battery.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:32 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 08:35 AM.

Well then it's obviously a coding problem. People at R* gave the same slutty terrified of being robbed/raped personality to other peds besides just the ones that needed it. You do have to remember though that a lot of those hikers are from a posh area of L.A. and are stuck up and will call cops quick as well. in fact the nature loving rich douches can be some of the worst to encounter. A lot of the more blue collar types will either run/fight me which is about right, and gang types resort to insane levels of violence instantly which is much more unrealistic. In real life gang members are 9/10 not going to murder you if they already greatly out number you and know they can just easily kick the sh*t out of you to rob you. Why catch a murder case to get the wallet when you can just get assault and battery.

Everyone in this game including the cops are too hostile and aggressive, sh*t gets really annoying after awhile. But peds in IV were alot friendlier which is funny since LA is supposed to be friendly and laid back while NYC is more aggressive. R* got it backwards

• visionist, boxmonster, Bonnano and 1 other like this

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Samson gets me lifted

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:35 AM Edited by Sir Winthorpe Herrington, 28 January 2014 - 08:36 AM.

Everyone in this game including the cops are too hostile and aggressive, sh*t gets really annoying after awhile

Yes I do miss trolling cops and having them arrest peds in IV. Now they kill everybody over anything lol. Cop: "Is that gum you tossed on the ground?" (loads gun) MOTHER f*ckER!!!!

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Even if it was added for the sake of "realism" it's still annoying. In every other GTA you can walk around, stand by peds, take in the scenery etc without the fear of being assf*cked by the law for a stupid reason such as standing near someone.

I agree it's an immersion killer. It's one of the reasons I find on foot exploration in this game to be unpleasant.

• boxmonster and Ixnay like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:42 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 08:48 AM.

Even if it was added for the sake of "realism" it's still annoying. In every other GTA you walk around, stand by peds, take in the scenery etc without the fear of being assf*cked by the law for a stupid reason such as standing near someone.

I agree it's an immersion killer. It's one of the reasons I find on foot exploration in this game to be quite a pain.

I love walking in LC, it feels like I'm a part of it. I can never be a part of LS even if I tried because like you said, everyone wants to assf*ck you

Yes I do miss trolling cops and having them arrest peds in IV. Now they kill everybody over anything lol. Cop: "Is that gum you tossed on the ground?" (loads gun) MOTHER f*ckER!!!!

Oh trust me, you would get 3 stars for that if the game allowed you to litter. They would send 3 SWAT teams after you

Gum is serious business

• SonOfLiberty likes this

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

This game is one big clusterf*ck of lazy programming.

• Woll Smoth and matajuegos01 like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:59 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 08:59 AM.

Seems like R* spent all their time and resources on graphics since the programming and storyline are sh*t

• SonOfLiberty and Ixnay like this

bensons
  • bensons

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

The rednecks who chase me on country roads and ask to see my id and then try to kill me were funny at first but they keep coming back.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Nah, Libertonians are sh*t. They always talk on the phone. I hate 'em. Give me Los Santonians any day. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

I lol'ed at the cop randomly dropping dead for no reason.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:18 PM Edited by The Odyssey, 28 January 2014 - 12:20 PM.

This bloke really needs to get a life :/. I understand posting in a forum, but making a 30 minute video to express your hatred on the AI of a video game? He mustn't of had anything better to do. 

Also, dat nitpicking. 

• GTA564, Bonnano, xenorama and 2 others like this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but if a stranger just came up and stood less than six inches away from me, I'd probably, at least, shove the sh*t out of them and tell them to piss off.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Try talking to someone if your going to stand next to them, saying hi to someone lets you stand next to them for as long as you want.

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

This bloke really needs to get a life :/. I understand posting in a forum, but making a 30 minute video to express your hatred on the AI of a video game? He mustn't of had anything better to do. 

Also, dat nitpicking. 

True, but the bit with the front wheels instantaneously turning to throw you off course really hit home. Putting aside the fact that the cops can go faster than your Adder/Entity, if they ram you straight from behind you should just go a bit faster if anything...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

I wasn't immersed in LC because pedestrians never knew who the hell I was in the first place, I didn't exist for them!

They would never bother with anything and wouldn't talk to teach other. Some of them can even defy the laws of pshysics by holding a news paper with one hand from the bottom! Immersion at its finest.

However if you find that annoying just take out your gun and aim at them, they'll get scared and drop the phone. Works for me everytime.

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

It is actually realistic that way. I don't have much trouble with that playing as Michael either unless i'm getting in somebodies face. Now picture real life for a moment and if your sitting on a bench or standing on a sidewalk on the phone and some guy looking like Trevor or some little punk black thug like Franklin comes up and is standing like 6 inches from you and not giving you the proper space then of course it will be weird. I'm sure you are doing things that in real life would give you problems from somebody like circling around a person or being very creepy to them.

Well, fck 'realism.'

These are the kind of things that ruin the game, gta gets too 'realistic'. It's not fun anymore. 

Fun should be more important than realism imo, at least in a gta game. And right now I don't find it very 'gta-like'. 

Some people might like it, but I ff-in hate it.

And no I won't play saints row because that is the exact opposite of realism. Previous gta's did the job just fine. 

Change is or can be good, but not all changes are.

And again, some people might like it, I just hate it. 

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I thought it would be real cool if they would talk with you, maybe even get in the car with you.

Maybe you are in the middle of nowhere and one asks for a ride. They could each have a little conversation on the way or whatever.

Or even as originally stated, just come up and talk with you.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Peds have feelings too! Imagine if you were an NPC, would you like some gangster/rich guy/trevor looking at you from 6 inches away? You'd be running away :sly:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users