Mini-Gun Ammo

15 replies to this topic
BEES0FTHeMIND
  • BEES0FTHeMIND

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

I get killed using my mini-gun 9 times out of 10 when I respawn it's gone. a big 0. When will this be fixed?

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

I get killed using my mini-gun 9 times out of 10 when I respawn it's gone. a big 0. When will this be fixed?

I use to wonder the same thing and then... I realized that if I'm getting killed all the time using my mini gun maybe it's not the best choice.  I only use it on helo's now.

nfwright
  • nfwright

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

It's because the minigun has no clip, if you die with a gun in your hand, you can lose 1 clip worth of ammo, but since the minigun doesn't need to reload due to the infinate string of bullets, you drop /all/ of the ammo when you die.

• 1CrazyFool, kilopm and Dexter Rattlehead like this

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

It's because the minigun has no clip, if you die with a gun in your hand, you can lose 1 clip worth of ammo, but since the minigun doesn't need to reload due to the infinate string of bullets, you drop /all/ of the ammo when you die.

And that clever type of thinking is the kind of balance this game needs to keep other weapons/vehicles/mechanics from being abused.

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

the minigun is only good to destroy vehicles , outside of that you are left wide open to other gun attacks when using it

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

Happens to me all the time with my grenade launcher. Especially when battling tanks. I get a few hits off, get killed and then lose an entire clip. Extremely annoying because I lose my main defense and it always spawns me right there.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

ahh so that explains why i lost like 8 gernades the last time i used my launcher . thats a dumb glitch 

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Well when u kill people you can pick up there ammo and last gun they used right? Thats traditional gta anyways. Makes sense if think.
  • 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Well when u kill people you can pick up there ammo and last gun they used right? Thats traditional gta anyways. Makes sense if think.

nope not always . the only things you can pick up from people all the time is money and cigs or candy bars that they drop

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hmm interesting. Needless to say it is annoying but I think intentional. I just wish ammo caps were higher.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hmm interesting. Needless to say it is annoying but I think intentional. I just wish ammo caps were higher.

they did that so the only way you could get ammo on a regular basis was by buying it . the only times i ever was able to pick up weapons and ammo is if i didnt buy the weapons from the ammunation yet.

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

they did that so the only way you could get ammo on a regular basis was by buying it . the only times i ever was able to pick up weapons and ammo is if i didnt buy the weapons from the ammunation yet.

Which is not a big problem if you're allowed to buy the ammo. If you picked up a useful weapon during a mission, but don't have the rank to buy ammo, then it sucks a big one.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Which is not a big problem if you're allowed to buy the ammo. If you picked up a useful weapon during a mission, but don't have the rank to buy ammo, then it sucks a big one.

can only buy ammo for weapons that you have unlocked  through leveling up

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

can only buy ammo for weapons that you have unlocked  through leveling up

Hmmm, not sure if you didn't read, or didn't comprehend, what I wrote. 

jplr98
  • jplr98

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

Come on guys, it isn't that hard to notice that this isn't a glitch. Just think a little. They did this because the mini gun would be too OP if you could simply use it as much as you wanted.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

Come on guys, it isn't that hard to notice that this isn't a glitch. Just think a little. They did this because the mini gun would be too OP if you could simply use it as much as you wanted.

the tank owners....they laugh at this. To op....lol. at least with the minigun ammo is expensive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users