Photo

Disappearing/Reappearing Shadows

7 replies to this topic
chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

Been having this problem for as long as I can remember. In certain spots, some shadows will vanish depending on the camera angle. Looking around with the mouse or thumbstick will cause these shadows to instantly disappear and reappear. Resting the camera on the angle that causes them to vanish will keep them gone, only when moving the camera again will they reappear.

Anyone else ever have this problem and fix it?

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Apparently this is only happening with "night shadows". I'd really like to know if this is a game bug or an NVidia thing.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Mind telling us your system specifications?

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by chinagreenelvis, 28 January 2014 - 09:08 PM.

Windows 7 64-bit

i7 2600K

12 GB RAM

GTX 580, latest drivers

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Well, I guess that doesn't help much, then.

gremlinkurst
  • gremlinkurst

Old Hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Puzzling. I'm interested if anyone has an answer. Evidently, GTA IV Complete has several intermittent and sometimes severe issues ("Stuttering & Shivering" thread), and in the TLaD DLC/expansion, sometimes the STREET vanishes on me, or gets "flooded" with opacity.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

gremlinkurst: That's regular old texture loading issues. Those can be solved by creating a commandline.txt file in your base directory with the following lines:

-ReservedApp 0
-memrestrict 629145600

(The number you use for memrestrict will vary depending on how much video memory you have. See here: http://gtaforums.com...ix-stuttering/)

The shadow problem I'm experiencing seems entirely unrelated to any loading issues.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:35 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 12 February 2014 - 05:41 AM.

Been having this problem for as long as I can remember. In certain spots, some shadows will vanish depending on the camera angle. Looking around with the mouse or thumbstick will cause these shadows to instantly disappear and reappear. Resting the camera on the angle that causes them to vanish will keep them gone, only when moving the camera again will they reappear.

Anyone else ever have this problem and fix it?

I've also had this happen to me many times. The most obvious culprits would be streetlamp shadows at night.

I first noticed them when using iCEnhancer 1.2. But then when I ran vanilla IV, the problem would still be there. I'm guessing it's a problem with the game itself because it happens in both IV and EFLC.

I'll just assume since you have it, and others in this thread have it, and I also have it, means that every copy of this game has it. And since this is a Xbox 360 port, I'm gonna guess even that version has it, but I'm not sure as I don't have the console version. But yeah, it's not your computer. It's the game itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users