Photo

Police vans ruin police chases

81 replies to this topic
Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

GTA V's police are the definition of artificial difficulty.

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

@Milita:

Thanks. That was actually really informative. Some of you guys on here are like, GTA knowledge banks.

Of course.  I know what I am talking about as I do this stuff everyday.  Too many babies on this forum derailing topics, having them closed, not giving out valuable info, or giving info we already knew from September, etc.  Also people like to bullsh*t more than tell the truth as well.  Nobody can shake the cops in this game (Deserves a big LOL, tbh)

If you want to get through Police Riot road blocks easily, aim for the small gap between the 2 Riots, that is the weakest part of the road block. The police cruisers are easy to evade, just drive into oncoming traffic, swerve and ram them. Helicopters can be outrun easily if you go in between buildings, once they lose you they will fly somewhere else and they get there quickly. Police transporter are also very easy to dodge, drive behind the van as there are no spikes there, any following cruisers will get their tires popped or may crash into the van. Police Predators always stay near the coast unless following, drive into harbours and other indents in the sea to lose them then gun it out to sea.

True.  This is pretty accurate.  There is other ways around those roadblocks, too.  But I really like ramming them and seeing the Riot Vans literally fall on their sides when I use my own Riot lol

• I Am NADA likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

@Milita:

Thanks. That was actually really informative. Some of you guys on here are like, GTA knowledge banks.

Of course.  I know what I am talking about as I do this stuff everyday.  Too many babies on this forum derailing topics, having them closed, not giving out valuable info, or giving info we already knew from September, etc.  Also people like to bullsh*t more than tell the truth as well.  Nobody can shake the cops in this game (Deserves a big LOL, tbh)

If you want to get through Police Riot road blocks easily, aim for the small gap between the 2 Riots, that is the weakest part of the road block. The police cruisers are easy to evade, just drive into oncoming traffic, swerve and ram them. Helicopters can be outrun easily if you go in between buildings, once they lose you they will fly somewhere else and they get there quickly. Police transporter are also very easy to dodge, drive behind the van as there are no spikes there, any following cruisers will get their tires popped or may crash into the van. Police Predators always stay near the coast unless following, drive into harbours and other indents in the sea to lose them then gun it out to sea.

True.  This is pretty accurate.  There is other ways around those roadblocks, too.  But I really like ramming them and seeing the Riot Vans literally fall on their sides when I use my own Riot lol

Yeah, doing it in the Police Riot owns them but you can do this with any vehicle really (except a bike).

• Militia likes this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Correction, it's not the police van, it's the police SUV.  The cops in this game are too f*cking aggressive.  They will not hesitate to slam their car into you from any angle.  As ViceCityStalker also mentioned, the catch up is bullsh*t.  They should not be able to catch up to my vehicle, which is a f*cking GT and fast as hell.

They start shooting at you if you stare at them for 5 seconds

yeah that totally makes sense R*

Forget that, they shoot at you if you even walk by them.  QUICK, STOP THAT MAN! HE WALKED BY ME AND LOOKED THREATENING!

If Trevor Phillips walked by me is shoot to kill...

But cops are irritating on this game. Catch up is horrible, accuracy is large but I never hit the straights so it's not to much a deal.

What I hate is that once u lose sight of them for 30 seconds 4 squad cars spawn DIRECTLY INFRONT OF YOU!!! and if u hide in an alley about 10 streets away from where they lost sight of u, 6 cars show up and all the officers leave their cars just to go down THAT ALLEY!!! WTF!?! What's the point in hiding if they have trackers on u 24/7?

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by Militia, 28 January 2014 - 05:11 PM.

@Milita:

Yeah, doing it in the Police Riot owns them but you can do this with any vehicle really (except a bike).

Except with other vehicles, you will have a big dent!  With the Riot, it doesn't even get a scratch on it as it's f*cking heavy, and armored, etc...

Correction, it's not the police van, it's the police SUV.  The cops in this game are too f*cking aggressive.  They will not hesitate to slam their car into you from any angle.  As ViceCityStalker also mentioned, the catch up is bullsh*t.  They should not be able to catch up to my vehicle, which is a f*cking GT and fast as hell.

Forget that, they shoot at you if you even walk by them.  QUICK, STOP THAT MAN! HE WALKED BY ME AND LOOKED THREATENING!

But cops are irritating on this game. Catch up is horrible, accuracy is large but I never hit the straights so it's not to much a deal.

What I hate is that once u lose sight of them for 30 seconds 4 squad cars spawn DIRECTLY INFRONT OF YOU!!! and if u hide in an alley about 10 streets away from where they lost sight of u, 6 cars show up and all the officers leave their cars just to go down THAT ALLEY!!! WTF!?! What's the point in hiding if they have trackers on u 24/7?

Just go underground.....Subway tunnels, train tunnels, it's so easy to lose cops in this game, or using the Lazer to fly high.  Also why not go into GAMEPLAY and use the desired thread for this stuff?  There is a big discussion there about the police.  Your comment is possibly the 1000+ comment I seen of people complaing saying the EXACT same thing, this whole forum has a lot of repetition, lol

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

cop chases are easy...if you're a good driver.
Make too many mistakes(crashes) of course they will shoot you

I agree. Last weekend I spent nearly an hour at a full 5 star rating. It was a great chase as I was in a DB5 which was fully modified bullet proof tires etc... Eventually I was killed but it was a great chase across the entire north of the map.  

• Canucks likes this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

@Milita:

Except with other vehicles, you will have a big dent!  With the Riot, it doesn't even get a scratch on it as it's f*cking heavy, and armored, etc...

Just go underground.....Subway tunnels, train tunnels, it's so easy to lose cops in this game, or using the Lazer to fly high.  Also why not go into GAMEPLAY and use the desired thread for this stuff?  There is a big discussion there about the police.  Your comment is possibly the 1000+ comment I seen of people complaing saying the EXACT same thing, this whole forum has a lot of repetition, lol

Hating over others opinions much?

We all have opinions, u don't agree with me, good for u. No need to go on a massive monologue about my views.

And maybe I wasn't near a subway entrance? Maybe I wasn't airborne? I didn't say it was impossible to lose police, I was just pointing out (and raging about) a stupid AI mechanic.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by Militia, 28 January 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Hating over opinions?  Lol, I said go to the designated topic and cry over the police.

http://gtaforums.com...lt-debate-here/

It's only been there since September 29th and has over 850 replies that sound exactly like yours.  Except for others and myself who have no trouble with the police.

LOL, when I stole my Police Riot in Sandy Shores, I drove it all the way to the impound in Los Santos as there is an entrance to the subway tunnel to go underground and I escaped.  If I can drive across half the map, anybody can.

I didn't go on a monologue, as you replied to a huge block of text where I replied to someone else and was agreeing with that guy.

Get your head out of your ass.  There is no easier way to say this: But most of you....Just suck at this game and can't handle the police.  I can't say it any nicer than that lol

• I Am NADA likes this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hating over opinions?  Lol, I said go to the designated topic and cry over the police.

It's only been there since September 29th and has over 850 replies that sound exactly like yours.  Except for others and myself who have no trouble with the police.

Well good for u. U love and adore them. I don't, so stop trying to prove points.

End of discussion.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

I'll stop, but btw, that made no sense at all ^^^

Then again, you joined yesterday, no wonder you don't know the way of the forum.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

I dunno why cops are so aggressive in GTA V, I always wondered than since day 1 gta v for me..

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

^^^, They ARE aggressive.  No doubt about that.  But we had "easy" cops in past GTA games.  It's time to raise the bar.  If it's not challenging, it's not really fun and these cops surely are way more of a challenge than past GTA games.

I said the same thing as you since day 1, too.  But then I said on day 2: "Christ these cops take more skills, I better get on that and learn how to overcome them"

On day 120+, they are cake now.  You just gotta know fully how the Al works (Even if it's flawed).  Nobody cares if it's flawed or not, it is what it is, and we all gotta deal with it.  I am not "dealing" with it, though.  I am having fun, actually.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Well good for u. U love and adore them. I don't, so stop trying to prove points.

End of discussion.

Hahaha, what the hell? "Stop trying to prove points"? That's what forums are for. A person makes a topic, and then people either agree or disagree, and, if they aren't an idiots, they make valid POINTS to back up their point of view.

And by the way, throwing "end of discussion" at the end of your post means nothing. It's not like you're the internet God and can just put your foot down to end a legitimate discussion.

• Militia likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

I've noticed cops are able to chase you onfoot without shooting you if you're at a safe distance, you are able to loose them easily.

Some of them are able to sprint a little bit faster than others and while onfoot if you keep sprinting the helicopter will always fail then it will have no more fuel promping it to head back to a nearest PS. However SUVs can ruin onfoot pursuits most of the time, so it's either you or them.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Before this topic derails I'll just throw in my thoughts. Cops have to be harder because they're meant to simulate a force that can contend with a health regenerating, infinitely respawning, heavily armed maniac. Did you really think they were going to make a game where police stand idly by while you mow down everything in sight? They are the same exaggeration of force that you are.

That being said, I don't find them all that challenging.I gave some tips in another thread about police difficulty. In short, you cannot simply run from them. A little bit of offense is required at times.
  • Militia and I Am NADA like this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

The Police in this game is extremely frustrating, but have you guys ever been to Los Angeles? The cops there aren't too much different..

1339945870_rodney-king-467.jpg

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

Its quite unrealistic how they can somehow cling onto the side of the SUV's while going 120mph, how are they still hanging on ?? 

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC, 28 January 2014 - 09:02 PM.

"We" seem to believe the only reason the Cops are "hard" to kill because of their dead accurate shooting. This makes us think that is the point of this dilemma. But actually the real issue here resides that the health and armor bar is to small. Now, I under stand the point of view that Rockstar stands from.. the fact that a in a realistic gun fight we would not last in a killing spree. So that's  why they implemented that style of play. Yes I know this a videogame its fiction and all. But We are trying to get close to the real thing. 

• Militia likes this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Its quite unrealistic how they can somehow cling onto the side of the SUV's while going 120mph, how are they still hanging on ?? 

This question doesn't exactly make sense. If the car accelerates slowly, then the people hanging on, and every molecule in their bodies, would also be moving at 120 mph by the time the car reaches that speed. Its the same logic behind why jumping at the last second in a falling elevator won't save your life.

• SCOOBASTEEB and Militia like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

They don't.   :lol:

I've seen so many of these morons hanging off the Sheriff SUV or FIB SUV and the driver will turn sharply!  Both of those idiots fall off the side.  Same thing if they are trying to climb hills you are going up in your vehicle, the bounces send them flying most times.  Try the 5 star rampage on the train flatbed car.  At one point through the map, cars are ramping off cliffs to come get you on the train and completely crashing and burning on rocks aside the train.  The Al's are pretty stupid, too.  They are accurate, but also pretty stupid.  Like Sweettooth said, with some planning and carefully watching their movements on the map, you can escape them and have fun.  If you don't know how to do this yet, learn instead of bitch like babies lol

• Blingy and I Am NADA like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

They don't.   :lol:

I've seen so many of these morons hanging off the Sheriff SUV or FIB SUV and the driver will turn sharply!  Both of those idiots fall off the side.  Same thing if they are trying to climb hills you are going up in your vehicle, the bounces send them flying most times.  Try the 5 star rampage on the train flatbed car.  At one point through the map, cars are ramping off cliffs to come get you on the train and completely crashing and burning on rocks aside the train.  The Al's are pretty stupid, too.  They are accurate, but also pretty stupid.  Like Sweettooth said, with some planning and carefully watching their movements on the map, you can escape them and have fun.  If you don't know how to do this yet, learn instead of bitch like babies lol

I don't know where R* got that retarded idea from. I've never seen cops hanging off the side of SUV's in real life or movies

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Special Forces IRL actually hang from the side of their SUVs, plus in real life you won't see a SWAT team intercepting you in a huge ass truck,

• Blingy and I Am NADA like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Special Forces IRL actually hang from the side of their SUVs, plus in real life you won't see a SWAT team intercepting you in a huge ass truck,

I dont even think SWAT gets involved in chases irl

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 29 January 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Before this topic derails I'll just throw in my thoughts. Cops have to be harder because they're meant to simulate a force that can contend with a health regenerating, infinitely respawning, heavily armed maniac. Did you really think they were going to make a game where police stand idly by while you mow down everything in sight? They are the same exaggeration of force that you are.
That being said, I don't find them all that challenging.I gave some tips in another thread about police difficulty. In short, you cannot simply run from them. A little bit of offense is required at times.

Yeah this.

GTAV is way more run and gun, you have got to keep moving and looking for windows to exploit and advance. Mistakes cost the player dearly.

As far as the NOOSE guys hanging off the truck go...they fly off so much its hilarious. Also, learn how to juke them and sticky bomb the truck as you drive by. Good times.
  • Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Exactly ^^^^

The ones complaining over police mainly are amateurs who can't handle the police.  So they do what any baby would do and say.

"I hate the police because they are too hard for me."

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

^^^, They ARE aggressive.  No doubt about that.  But we had "easy" cops in past GTA games.  It's time to raise the bar.  If it's not challenging, it's not really fun and these cops surely are way more of a challenge than past GTA games.

I said the same thing as you since day 1, too.  But then I said on day 2: "Christ these cops take more skills, I better get on that and learn how to overcome them"

On day 120+, they are cake now.  You just gotta know fully how the Al works (Even if it's flawed).  Nobody cares if it's flawed or not, it is what it is, and we all gotta deal with it.  I am not "dealing" with it, though.  I am having fun, actually.

Phenomenal statement my friend.

• Militia likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 29 January 2014 - 05:26 PM.

Police in general suck in this game. They are robocops with 100% shooting accuracy, and you die way to easily. Rampages/Chases are not fun in this game which is disappointing

IV had the best rampages out of any GTA. You had plenty of health, most cops had realistic shooting accuracy, and the cops in IV were funner to kill. They actually felt like real humans and they're always saying something funny, V cops are douchebag robots

Playing GTA V made me realise how stupid and incompetent the cops in GTA IV were. You can just gun them down with an assault rifle for minutes on end without having to take cover. GTA V however seems to force you to use cover yet even that doesn't help as they always find a way to f*ck you over from behind.

For me, 4-stars is okay for me. It's 5-stars when everything goes to sh*t and stops being fun. You're pretty much out of luck if you're not playing as Trevor, unless you're playing as Franklin and can make a fast getaway.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Kinda ^^^^

It all depends on your planning, getaway techniques, and location on the map.  5 stars is a joke for instance on the train, you can last all day there, in fact, the stars are forced to disappear it seems when you go too long like when I hit 2 hours 7 minutes 5 star rampage on the train.  Any chance the game gets, the stars start to blink and eventually vanish, even if I don't want to them to.  Sure, if you're standing out in the open in the airport on a 5 star with no protection, of course you'll last seconds on a 5 star.  It all depends on planning, getaway techniques, and location on the map as I said above.

Btw, I NEVER use the character's special abilities, either.  You can easily play this game and with the cops without any character's special.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Exactly ^^^^

The ones complaining over police mainly are amateurs who can't handle the police.  So they do what any baby would do and say.

"I hate the police because they are too hard for me."

Or maybe I don't want a star EVERYTIME I do something illegal, this is f*cking GTA, you should have freedom to do some things without worrying about evading cops every 5 seconds. Chases are fun when I want to do them, not when I'm forced to. Sometimes I just want to kill without cops trying to f*ck me in the ass. You get stars if you kill people in the middle of nowhere, its f*cking ridiculous. This is a video game, not everyone wants a challenge, that doesn't make them an amateur, stop being a narrow minded fa**ot. I like IV better cause I can sit back and kill hoards of cops instead of running from them

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by Militia, 29 January 2014 - 05:59 PM.

LOL ^^^

We are playing V, not IV.

My point is officially proven over your comment and other comments, you're a baby.  Deal with it.  Can't deal with it?  f*ck off and don't play GTA V.  Go cry somewhere else.

Edit: What do you expect?  If you do something illegal like shoot random people in real life, of course the cops will be all over you, most likely killing you.  So you're telling me one star is too much for you?  LOL  That's all you get for doing such crime out in the middle of nowhere.  Like I said, you can't handle the cops, you suck at GTA V, and you can f*ck off back to Online with your Chrome Tank lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users