Photo

Police vans ruin police chases

81 replies to this topic
razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

You know those police vans with swat dudes hanging on to it?

They completely ruin police chases.

They can pretty much go as fast as any super car 

If you see one coming around a corner you're f*cked. They will wedge you up against a wall as the swat team shoots you

f*ck THE POLICE MEN ON THE VAN

THEY PRETTY MUCH HANG ON TO THE VAN FOR DEAR LIFE AS THE VAN MATCHES THE SPEED OF YOUR SUPER CAR AND GET SHOTS ON YOU WITH PERFECT ACCURACY. 

I remember when one of these f*ckers spawned on top of mount chiliad and pushed me off the mountain. As we were both falling to the ground, THE POLICE MEN ON THE VAN WERE KILLING ME.

THEY WERE SHOOTING ME WITH SHOTGUNS AS WE FELL OFF OF A MOUNTAIN

do they bother you too?

• epoxi, kasparlaks, Cutter De Blanc and 5 others like this

Canucks
  • Canucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

cop chases are easy...if you're a good driver.
Make too many mistakes(crashes) of course they will shoot you
  • blowtorchrepair, lizardman563, Officer Ronson and 3 others like this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by I Am NADA, 28 January 2014 - 12:18 PM.

While I do agree the police in general are WAY too accurate when it comes to shooting you in a speeding car (it's like in "Batman: Arkham Origins", when did everyone become a Marine scout sniper?), I wouldn't say they RUIN car chases, it's not impossible to avoid them, just difficult, which it should be. Do you really think you're capable of easily losing a SWAT SUV in real life?

• UltraGizmo64, Echolex, Militia and 1 other like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

I 100% agree op and the FIRST thing I mod when this game hits PC is AI accuracy. There's no excuse for how accurate AI is right now especially these action movie SWAT guys hanging off vans sniping me out of my vehicle while hanging on with one arm and single wielding a SMG or assaultrifle or whatever.

These douche bags and the morons hanging out of helicopters with their sniper precision are what ruin police chases for me.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

Those guys are annoying AF, but only because of their extreme accuracy and ability to pretty much still hang on to the SUV, even after an intense crash.
Plus they use a the pump shotgun even when they only have one free hand. At least you didn't get killed by a sniper that was falling off a helicopter, MID AIR!!

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

I agree. Police SUVs are the only thing that completely ruins the pursuit for me. It's like Rockstar forces us to use Franklin or something.

I don't mind if they spawned sometimes, but one police SUV per 10 seconds? Seriously? Without Franklin it's all matter of luck. I really don't mind the perfect accuracy or the helicopters that spawn on your face, or any other BS the cops throw at you. The only exception are the police SUVs and they need a slight nerf.

• lol232 likes this

Canucks
  • Canucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:54 AM Edited by Canucks, 28 January 2014 - 02:56 AM.

Want a challenge? Go and try blowing up 15 tanks at the military base
You may be wondering how.there ain't 15 tanks there ??well i found out there is no way to,"take control" like the map hint suggested..the soldiers and tanks just keep responding

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

The good thing about it is that you can knock-off the assholes riding the tailboard by either crashing the vehicle by the side they're hanging on or just shoot them once. They mostly tend to frustrate my pursuits but they cant ram me if I go swerving around driving recklessly.

• Militia likes this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

"Tailboard"? You mean "running board"?

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

I don`t mind them they are easy to deal with,I just hate the stupid f*cking catchup all cops have.

• DANIEL3GS likes this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:27 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 06:33 AM.

Police in general suck in this game. They are robocops with 100% shooting accuracy, and you die way to easily. Rampages/Chases are not fun in this game which is disappointing

IV had the best rampages out of any GTA. You had plenty of health, most cops had realistic shooting accuracy, and the cops in IV were funner to kill. They actually felt like real humans and they're always saying something funny, V cops are douchebag robots

• G.S.T, UltraGizmo64, Mr Pickles and 1 other like this

ArarielFett
  • ArarielFett

Mandalorian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

Correction, it's not the police van, it's the police SUV.  The cops in this game are too f*cking aggressive.  They will not hesitate to slam their car into you from any angle.  As ViceCityStalker also mentioned, the catch up is bullsh*t.  They should not be able to catch up to my vehicle, which is a f*cking GT and fast as hell.

• Mr Pickles and thatGuyyy like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:36 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 06:37 AM.

Correction, it's not the police van, it's the police SUV.  The cops in this game are too f*cking aggressive.  They will not hesitate to slam their car into you from any angle.  As ViceCityStalker also mentioned, the catch up is bullsh*t.  They should not be able to catch up to my vehicle, which is a f*cking GT and fast as hell.

They start shooting at you if you stare at them for 5 seconds

yeah that totally makes sense R*

ArarielFett
  • ArarielFett

Mandalorian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

They start shooting at you if you stare at them for 5 seconds

yeah that totally makes sense R*

Forget that, they shoot at you if you even walk by them.  QUICK, STOP THAT MAN! HE WALKED BY ME AND LOOKED THREATENING!

• Detective Phelps and thatGuyyy like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

Well, that's just too bad. :cool:

Looks like my SUV tactic is very efficient.
  • lol232, TJGM and jatiger13 like this

ArarielFett
  • ArarielFett

Mandalorian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

Well, that's just too bad. :cool:

Looks like my SUV tactic is very efficient.

I'd like to lodge a complaint for excessive use of lethal force. :p

• jatiger13 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:58 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 28 January 2014 - 07:58 AM.

Noose Sniper once managed to hit me while I was doing a barrel roll through the air in a Rapid GT at like a hundred miles an hour. That man deserves a medal. 

• ArarielFett and thatGuyyy like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Noose Sniper once managed to hit me while I was doing a barrel roll through the air in a Rapid GT at like a hundred miles an hour. That man deserves a medal. 

lmao, the replies in this thread are hilarious and true

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Well, that's just too bad. :cool:Looks like my SUV tactic is very efficient.

Welcome to LS.
  • Blingy and ArarielFett like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:04 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 28 January 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Welcome to LS.

Why are all of your officers on cocaine?

• ArarielFett likes this

Miko19
  • Miko19

Can Into Space

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

Welcome to LS.

Why are all of your officers on cocaine?
Because it makes their aim better and cars faster. Obviously.
  • ArarielFett and thatGuyyy like this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by Militia, 28 January 2014 - 11:26 AM.

Meanwhile I am literally RAMPING off those FIB SUV's and any police car for that matter in my Police Riot.  I AM THE BOSS inside the Riot, those cops on any wanted level can't do sh*t as the Riot is bulletproof and with a save editor I got bulletproof tires for my Police Riot as well.  If you put 100% armor upgrade on the Riot like I did, it's as heavy as the tank and crushes cop cars when you run over them, the Riot literally jumps 10-15 feet into the air if you're going fast enough and hit those, it even drives over the FIB SUV.  Don't ask, cuz I can't explain these physics, etc.  Just pointing out that there is tons of fun with the police.

Haven't all of you had enough with talking about the police being too hard?  Tons of topics like these lol

You think the FIB SUV is tough, wait until you run into 4 Police Riot Vans in a roadblock.  No getting through that unless you have a Riot yourself lol

Cops are simple in this game if you know how the AL works (Sure it's f*cked up) but the ramming can be avoided if you swirve.  Push joystick to left, then right, then left, then right, etc they will NEVER ram you.

Also on the Train Flatbed car last night I got 2 hours and 7 minute 5 star until the stars disappeared inside a long tunnel.  I went around the map like what?  10 times?  LOL

I actually like the cops in this game due to them being dead on accurate.  Now when I play any past GTA games, probably can do it blind folded as those cops were way easier, nothing to them.  If you can't beat this system....LOL

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

The police are easy. I am sure you have heard this before but you guys just suck at the game. How else do you explain that some people have no problems with the cops while the complainers are struggling. It is pretty obvious where the problem is.

• Militia likes this

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

I don't have much problems with the SUV. The Cruisers are a pain in the ass though when they ram your car from behind. Always sends me off the road or on to the sidewalk. I've killed many innocent by-standers that way. And its all LSPD's fault. I'm not going to prison for crimes I didn't intend to commit. No, I rather get shot while I'm in the driver seat
  • Ray likes this

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by jatiger13, 28 January 2014 - 12:22 PM.

Forget that, they shoot at you if you even walk by them.  QUICK, STOP THAT MAN! HE WALKED BY ME AND LOOKED THREATENING!

You must have been playing as Franklin when this happened.

Too some cops, being african-american automatically makes you look threatening.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Meanwhile I am literally RAMPING off those FIB SUV's and any police car for that matter in my Police Riot.  I AM THE BOSS inside the Riot, those cops on any wanted level can't do sh*t as the Riot is bulletproof and with a save editor I got bulletproof tires for my Police Riot as well.  If you put 100% armor upgrade on the Riot like I did, it's as heavy as the tank and crushes cop cars when you run over them, the Riot literally jumps 10-15 feet into the air if you're going fast enough and hit those, it even drives over the FIB SUV.  Don't ask, cuz I can't explain these physics, etc.  Just pointing out that there is tons of fun with the police.

Haven't all of you had enough with talking about the police being too hard?  Tons of topics like these lol

You think the FIB SUV is tough, wait until you run into 4 Police Riot Vans in a roadblock.  No getting through that unless you have a Riot yourself lol

Cops are simple in this game if you know how the AL works (Sure it's f*cked up) but the ramming can be avoided if you swirve.  Push joystick to left, then right, then left, then right, etc they will NEVER ram you.

Also on the Train Flatbed car last night I got 2 hours and 7 minute 5 star until the stars disappeared inside a long tunnel.  I went around the map like what?  10 times?  LOL

I actually like the cops in this game due to them being dead on accurate.  Now when I play any past GTA games, probably can do it blind folded as those cops were way easier, nothing to them.  If you can't beat this system....LOL

Police Riot? Is that the NOOSE SUV? Cause I want to try what you're talking about, it sounds badass.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

For those who say the cops in IV were realistic you're f*cking wrong.

Also if you have many complaints about the cops in this game then you should record it instead of telling bullsh*t here, I've been able to walk around cops calmly and I even greeted them and they responded back. 

I don't know what you people must be playing. Generally If I go past by a cop I intend not to be really near them as loitering is an offense. Plus they always warn you, and they never shoot first if you loiter. Its either ''Give you self up!'' or ''DIE!!''.

Oh and the Police Riot is basically the Enforcer with a new look, beefer armour and more speed.

• Zodape, Militia and Lowi like this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Police Riot? Is that the NOOSE SUV? Cause I want to try what you're talking about, it sounds badass.

There is the Police Transporter, which is an actual black and white van.  It's also bulletproof and comes out at 3 star wanted level.  It can also be found elsewhere at night in the city near the impound at the transit for bus' in that little loop under the bridge in Strawberry.  It spawns, along with the Police Bike, Police/LSPD Buffalo, and Unmarked Cruiser.

The FIB SUV and Sheriff SUV come out at 4 stars with those guys hanging off the side.  Which this topic is all about.  There is no problem with those guys, only their accuracy.  But that isn't a problem for me, tbh, I like a challenge.

The POLICE RIOT also comes out at 4 stars.  You'll find this in ROAD BLOCKS ONLY.  You'll be driving down the highway and all of a sudden you see the road completely blocked off in front of you with NOOSE with shotguns standing in front of the Riot.  It's also very rare for it to spawn.  It only spawned for me when I was using my Rhino Tank.  I see it also when I fly low using my Lazer, or also driving in my Police Riot.

Here is what the Riot looks like Stock:

http://static4.wikia...-GTAV-Front.png

Go here on Page 55 of Pimp My Whip to see my friend's modded Police Riot, notice the color change.  I made mine like that, too, but his is Metallic Black and mine is Matte Black.  We both gave it engine upgrades/brakes upgrades, bulletproof tires, along with changing the color.  All of this stuff can be done with a save editor.

http://gtaforums.com...my-whip/page-55 - Scroll down, you'll see the Stinger GT, Annihilator, and Riot (Which are all from Single Player) - You can get that helicopter and Stinger GT also in SP with the editor, it's cool.

• I Am NADA likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

If you want to get through Police Riot road blocks easily, aim for the small gap between the 2 Riots, that is the weakest part of the road block. The police cruisers are easy to evade, just drive into oncoming traffic, swerve and ram them. Helicopters can be outrun easily if you go in between buildings, once they lose you they will fly somewhere else and they get there quickly. Police transporter are also very easy to dodge, drive behind the van as there are no spikes there, any following cruisers will get their tires popped or may crash into the van. Police Predators always stay near the coast unless following, drive into harbours and other indents in the sea to lose them then gun it out to sea.

• Militia likes this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

@Milita:

Thanks. That was actually really informative. Some of you guys on here are like, GTA knowledge banks.

• Militia likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users