» «

Do you speak more then one language.

162 replies to this topic
Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:44 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 08 February 2014 - 09:45 PM.

I can speak French, Arabic, english, a little spanish

So, we're basically the same. :p

• aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:23 PM Edited by D- Ice, 08 February 2014 - 10:24 PM.

English and Arabic (mother tongue).

I also know a multitude of curse words in Spanish, thanks to the GTA series and the film Scarface. :lol:

• Bestrafe_Mich7.62

Der Metzgermeister

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

English and ebonics. Picked up a little haji too.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

I speak Finnish, I used to be fluent, but then I began speaking English around 5 and left the Finnish behind, It's still all very familiar, but I don't understand the meaning of many of the words. I want to go to Finland, to live there, I have the citizenship, I just need the language and a way out, it seems I take on more and more responsibility here which is going to make leaving harder and harder.

I think I should do it though.

• lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

I can sh*t in French. Does that count?

• Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

The reason why all young intelligent people here can speak english is only because of internet, films, video games and so on.

I'd say it's simply because it's the world language and people learn/ed it at school. Media is a big part, but school is the biggest and most important imo.

I can only speak for myself, but the media didn't teach me English. Sure, I learned new words, expressions and other little things in the media and still do it today, but without school I would suck at grammar and at making people understand me. It's like having a huge puzzle and no clue where all the pieces have their places and what they have to look like to fit in a certain position.

But maybe it's just that I didn't spend enough time with English speaking media when I was younger. I watched MTV, played videogames from the US (translated to German, but I could learn a bit English). But my mom didn't allow me to have my own internect access until I moved out. She wanted me to focus on school and later on job training. Also I never watched anything in English and before the age of 12 English was no part of my life, almost non-existing. So maybe it's just me, but I just can't imagine the people here learned their good English only in the media.

I'd say you are an exception. You definetly don't learn to speak the language at school. If that was possible I could also speak other languages I've studied but I really can't. School only really helps later on when you can already decently communicate. I doubt I would be as good as I am right now in English if I didn't spend my time on the internet and playing video games since the age of 11. Now that I think about it it all came very fast. I started learning english when I was 8. Started getting more involved in videogames at 10-11 and by the time GTA IV came out when I was 13 understood most of what the characters were saying. 2 more years of communicating online and I was fluent. I  haven't really noticed school's influence. Perhaps only in the last few years when we started to write more complicated texts.

• Beastly40

College Bound

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

是。能说中国是很酷尤其是对于一个黑小子。I guess this must count. Besides English, I can speak moderately good in Chinese and Spanish, which for a black teen from Gary, Indiana must count as something special. Me parece que se enfríe el aprendizaje del chino por 4 años, así como el aprendizaje del español desde el 1er grado a ser bastante la experiencia.

• blitz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

oui oui

I can speak two languages. Neither of them is french though.

• MarshalMoo

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by JIMHO, 10 February 2014 - 11:45 PM.

Let's all work on our French in more ways than one.

Editing because I realized no one here knows who Brad Paisley is:

• JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Two fluent, one i can only understand and speak the basic.

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

3 languages.

• BrownBear

Lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Trying to learn Turkish. I'm pissed off that my dad never taught me while I was younger but I recognize a lot of words when I see them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users