Oooooh. My mistake. 

Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes :lol:

roxana.fantasy
  • roxana.fantasy

RoXanA

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

I can speak Persian(Farsi) which is my birth lang and i can Sp perfectly english, though have some probs on writing!
I've used some classes for like 7 years which is common in Iran. I suggest you to find friends who can speak the lang u wanna learn and talk in that lang with them, it helps a lot.

d nice
  • d nice

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

I can speak spanish, portuguese and english. I wish i knew how to speak german.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

Yeah he was really insane. I heard recently, don't know if it's true, that he went to schools and picked out young girls to have sex with.

But how was life under his regime? Was it really noticable in daily life?

for real? I heard about a similar story but I can't remember it....is it was in Libya's university? since that's the place I heard about it.....thank God I'm male :p

to be really honest....the safety in his time was as great as how the US police are. but which one is better?

living now free but uncomfortable? or living scared from your shadows even if its safe? I prefer the former than the latter.

Understandable. They weren't university girls, they were really young girls.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (Πvar.ΣΓ01122599)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

I speak Romanian and English really well. I know a bit of German too, I can read it quite well and say very basic stuff, but that's about it.

I think a more remarkable feat is being able to use two or more alphabets and speaking multiple languages at the same time.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Hablo Ingles y also speak Spanish.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

we r in daynga ov bing shwomped by muslims™

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

Since I'm half Filipino, I used to fluently speak Tagalog but ever since I started school (preschool) it died away. But I do know some words :p but I can't speak a full sentence. Also used to know a bit of German since my Dad's boss at his workplace is German but I've pretty much forgotten most of it :(

Achten & nein are all I know :p

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Retribution

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

I speak my native language (Indonesian) and English, I'm trying to learn Japanese now.

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yes. i know Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Rajisthani. these are Indian Languages. the other are - English and Spanish ( a little little )

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:15 PM Edited by Danz., 06 February 2014 - 03:19 PM.

I know how to speak Portuguese, English, Spanish and some basic Japanese. I would like to learn French, Italian and more Japanese kanjis in the future, but I have yet to bother with it.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

I can speak and write Finnish, Swedish and English.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

I´m considering moving to Tonga, my tongue is not yet perfect.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

My original language, english and a bit of french. knowing english isnt a big accomplishment, so i really speak two languages, one half-assed.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by elanman, 06 February 2014 - 05:48 PM.

I can speak Persian(Farsi) which is my birth lang and i can Sp perfectly english, though have some probs on writing!
I've used some classes for like 7 years which is common in Iran. I suggest you to find friends who can speak the lang u wanna learn and talk in that lang with them, it helps a lot.

I second this. In order to gain fluency in a language one must immerse one's self in it. The internet is incredibly useful in this regard--I was able to read and write German in a conversational context every day by playing on a German CoD4 server. Sadly I've lost touch with gaming and the German language since then.

The (truly, not like me) multilingual people here put us native English speakers to shame. For us it's seen as exceptional to speak more than one language, but elsewhere in the world it's a necessity. It's an absolute shame that only 19% or so of the Welsh population speaks Welsh. Sure, it serves no purpose, but teaching it to kids in primary school would be a much more fruitful endeavor than having them perform some of the more spurious activities synonymous with our primary education system. 

My main frustration with education in this country is that other countries, particularly in Europe, manage to get their kids speaking multiple languages to a high level of competence by the time they leave school. In particular, my experience speaking with Germans has revealed that they left school with a much more precise knowledge of grammar than most kids leaving our secondary schools, and this is despite the German students learning multiple languages (English and German or German and French, generally) to fluency. Our education system, however, puts the emphasis on more flowery aspects of English which, sure, some kids enjoy, but generally this serves only to alienate weaker students and generate a disdain for English lessons leading to poor communication skills later in life. Don't even get me started on mathematics education.

Anyway, I just wanted to express how impressive I find the language skills of many of our non-native English speakers here.  

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

I second this. In order to gain fluency in a language one must immerse one's self in it. The internet is incredibly useful in this regard--I was able to read and write German in a conversational context every day by playing on a German CoD4 server. Sadly I've lost touch with gaming and the German language since then.

The (truly, not like me) multilingual people here put us native English speakers to shame. For us it's seen as exceptional to speak more than one language, but elsewhere in the world it's a necessity. It's an absolute shame that only 19% or so of the Welsh population speaks Welsh. Sure, it serves no purpose, but teaching it to kids in primary school would be a much more fruitful endeavor than having them perform some of the more spurious activities synonymous with our primary education system. 

My main frustration with education in this country is that other countries, particularly in Europe, manage to get their kids speaking multiple languages to a high level of competence by the time they leave school. In particular, my experience speaking with Germans has revealed that they left school with a much more precise knowledge of grammar than most kids leaving our secondary schools, and this is despite the German students learning multiple languages (English and German or German and French, generally) to fluency. Our education system, however, puts the emphasis on more flowery aspects of English which, sure, some kids enjoy, but generally this serves only to alienate weaker students and generate a disdain for English lessons leading to poor communication skills later in life. Don't even get me started on mathematics education.

Anyway, I just wanted to express how impressive I find the language skills of many of our non-native English speakers here.  

If you live in the suitable enviroment and you really want to learn the language then it will come quite quickly. Learning it in school it quite useless, you only get some basics down. The reason why all young intelligent people here can speak english is only because of internet, films, video games and so on. My friend is currently an exchange student in Switzerland and having only learned the basics of German beforehand(which is barely anything really in actual speaking) in 2 months he was almost fluent. I bet you if you moved to a foreign country and worked really hard you'd learn the language quickly.

Honestly after learning English since I was 8 after the first 3-4 years I barely learned anything in school.

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

ß

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by Preusse, 06 February 2014 - 08:22 PM.

The reason why all young intelligent people here can speak english is only because of internet, films, video games and so on.

I'd say it's simply because it's the world language and people learn/ed it at school. Media is a big part, but school is the biggest and most important imo.

I can only speak for myself, but the media didn't teach me English. Sure, I learned new words, expressions and other little things in the media and still do it today, but without school I would suck at grammar and at making people understand me. It's like having a huge puzzle and no clue where all the pieces have their places and what they have to look like to fit in a certain position.

But maybe it's just that I didn't spend enough time with English speaking media when I was younger. I watched MTV, played videogames from the US (translated to German, but I could learn a bit English). But my mom didn't allow me to have my own internect access until I moved out. She wanted me to focus on school and later on job training. Also I never watched anything in English and before the age of 12 English was no part of my life, almost non-existing. So maybe it's just me, but I just can't imagine the people here learned their good English only in the media.

THE GHETTO SAMURAI
  • THE GHETTO SAMURAI

Diet Water Please ?

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

Well now I 'm trying to learn how to speak Spanish because these Spanish chicks are hot, so I need to learn the language to communicate with them. So now that I'm learning Spanish that'll add to the 5th language I know followed by English, French, Japanese, and Arabic.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

Je parle Français.

Not very well mind you, but I can do the most basic of things.

:)

THE GHETTO SAMURAI
  • THE GHETTO SAMURAI

Diet Water Please ?

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

Je parle Français.

Quelle est ton equipe préférée ? 

Dw I don't know that much but I do know enough to keep a conversation going. 

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

Je parle Français.

Something about favourite something, When I said basic, I mean bare essentials lol.

THE GHETTO SAMURAI
  • THE GHETTO SAMURAI

Diet Water Please ?

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:27 AM

Je parle Français.

Something about favourite something, When I said basic, I mean bare essentials lol.

I asked you what team do you like or prefer ? 

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

J'aime les Detroit Red Wings.

Or the Montreal Canadians, they're pretty good too.

THE GHETTO SAMURAI
  • THE GHETTO SAMURAI

Diet Water Please ?

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

J'aime les Detroit Red Wings.

Or the Montreal Canadians, they're pretty good too.

They are good teams compare to my sh*t team, the Vancouver Cancucks 

Lukas72
  • Lukas72

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

English, Italian and a little bit spanish.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

I speak English on a pretty much full time basis and have never really bothered to learn anything else. However, I can speak little bits of Italian and French, if that counts.

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

I speak Portuguese as a native language, but I'm also pretty good at English, can speak a little bit of Spanish, know some basic things of French, and I'm also learning Latin (not learning to speak it, only to tranlate it).

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

As an Australian I obviously speak English 99% of the time but I also know a fair bit of Indonesian and can read it on an intermediate level I guess.
  • Gummy  likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I only speak spanish.

• GTAKid667 likes this

Gammoudicj