Quantcast

» «
Photo

Random things no longer happen

Best Answer Ali_Alistair, 01 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

Ok so after reading what spuds said, I made a new save file, then switched to online using the character wheel, I played a few races and then switched to Franklin using the character wheel once more and what do you know...before i could even climb on my Bike I got a text of Pitchers and a P appeared at that property. I also noticed that before I switched to online the online characters face wasn't showing on the character wheel, when I was back into single player after being online, it was...so maybe that's a good pointer to something being a bit off, anyway..sorted cheers!

Go to the full post

8 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Except police chases. 

I checked the social club. I definitely haven't completed all of the random events, but they no longer happen where they're supposed to. They don't happen at all. No bank trucks, no pink Peyotes, nothing.

I'm also not being bothered to do any property missions anymore. I get no calls or texts for any of the three characters.  I thought those were supposed to keep happening forever!   

Gameralfa095
  • Gameralfa095

Bang!

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

Disconnect from internet for a while that sometimes or sometimes they appear after completing some secondary mission 

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Mine stopped for over a month... Then one day, after leaving GTAO, they all resumed.... The cause and solution to this is unknown... I would go in and out of GTAO and in between (while in single player) quick save into a different slot.

BeDmAn
  • BeDmAn

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Same problem for me for over a month... I tried a lot of thing to resolve this, but it didn't work. I'm on PS3.

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Sorry to bump this thread but has anyone figure it out the solution?

Ali_Alistair
  • Ali_Alistair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I've had the exact same problem, I left single player alone for a couple of months after completing the story but used to always access online through the pause menu of single player because I was having issues getting online from the loading screen, during the brief minutes that my single player game was left on before I would enter online I would get texts off owned properties asking me to help them out, I also saw the S for Solomon on my map a couple times..............

Now that I am actively playing single player again on the quest for 100% completion and general merry times I am receiving no calls or texts from any owned properties, i've gone and bought Hookies, Smoke on the Water, and a couple of others since i've returned to single player and i havent heard a single thing from them, I am however receiving the weekly income from all my properties. Oh and yes there is also the lack of many random events, armoured cars, stolen bikes etc Also i have only been able to go to the weed farm once, since then the ganja leaf has never returned.....I'd like to know what other peoples experiences  have been of the property activities once story mode is complete

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

This is a common bug (I had it for over a month but fortunately I had already reached 100%).

Some people reported saving in a new slot, go online for 5 minutes, then switch back to one of your characters via the character wheel (not the pause menu) will unstick it.

In my case, I left online via the pause menu one day (after playing a few hours) and everything just started working again (random events/property missions/impound garage had 2 of my cars also).

Ali_Alistair
  • Ali_Alistair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:51 PM   Best Answer

Ok so after reading what spuds said, I made a new save file, then switched to online using the character wheel, I played a few races and then switched to Franklin using the character wheel once more and what do you know...before i could even climb on my Bike I got a text of Pitchers and a P appeared at that property. I also noticed that before I switched to online the online characters face wasn't showing on the character wheel, when I was back into single player after being online, it was...so maybe that's a good pointer to something being a bit off, anyway..sorted cheers!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

Awesome.... :^:

• MoJo_cy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users