Photo

Fastest Muscle Car - Race Testing Results

79 replies to this topic
Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by jcph3, 27 January 2014 - 10:02 PM.

So we had a debate on which muscle car was the fastest and I decided to do some testing. I needed a good excuse to sell my Adder anyways, sold it and a Tornado and picked up a Dominator and Ruiner to complete my collection. 

I'm not the best racer, not the worse. 91 / 377 career - with a lot of expierience on those 2 courses.

Decided to run 3 races, Criminal Records; 1 lap to test acceleration, Criminal records; 2 laps to test acceleration and handling, and The Commute to test handling and top speed. I ran each race 4 times with each car and threw our the slowest times.

Converted the average times across all the races to MPH.

The Contenders, with full mods:

Ruiner

Sabre Turbo

Picador

Gauntlet

Phoenix ( Trans Am style) 

Phoenix (Charger Daytona style)

Dominator.

The Results

7th Place  88.742 mph   The Picador

0_0.jpg

6th Place 97.239 mph  The Sabre Turbo

0_0.jpg

5th Place 97.653 mph  The Phoenix Trans Am

0_0.jpg

4th Place 97.783 mph    The Phoenix Charger Daytona ( I knew the wing made it faster! :lol: )

0_0.jpg

Third Place  99.493 mph   The Gauntlet

0_0.jpg

Second Place 99.698 mph     The Ruiner

0_0.jpg

The Winner 100.712  mph    The Dominator  

0_0.jpg

nfwright
  • nfwright

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

I believe you missed the declasse voodoo, which quite obviously is faster than all of the other muscle cars you note.

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

I believe you missed the declasse voodoo, which quite obviously is faster than all of the other muscle cars you note.

I think the Vigero and the Bucaneer would fall between the Picador and Sabre.  I think the Picador could take the Voodoo though... :cool:

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

i still think the phoenix falls in the top 3 . either way the gauntlet and phoenix are my fav muscle cars. btw you left out the buccaneer

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

i still think the phoenix falls in the top 3 . either way the gauntlet and phoenix are my fav muscle cars. btw you left out the buccaneer

Left out the Buccaneer,  Vigero and Voodoo , no interest in owning those, they'd be a good match for the Picador. 

I thought the Phoenix would do better on The Commute, kind of disapointed in it's top speed. Still my favorite though.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Left out the Buccaneer,  Vigero and Voodoo , no interest in owning those, they'd be a good match for the Picador. 

I thought the Phoenix would do better on The Commute, kind of disapointed in it's top speed. Still my favorite though.

you can get a very nice looking green buccaneer that spawns not far from where the gangster colored cars spawn

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Good Job thats cool and all but,

I think you should try a more technical track.

Most Racers wouldnt call those 2 real race couses.

Criminal Records is not a good basis for handling. Its a Damn Circle!!

You dont even hit the brakes once on CR and The Commute there is maybe one spot you need to brake.

Commute is a good basis for top speed though. 

Try Downtown Underground and Cutting Coroners.

I got a better time with a stock Gauntlet than the Dominator on CR

Haven tried modded ones yet.

The Vigero is up there in top speed also. I would like to see that too.

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Tank destroys all. Literally.

On topic. I expected a better spot for the Sabre Turbo. It was my first car, and I won more against Gauntlets and Dominators than I lost.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Out of curiosity what lap times did you get on CR and what kind of mods on the cars.

And were they fully lowered. Someone a while back did tests and the lowering actually affect the center of gravity and handling.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Buccaneer and Vigero are pretty good, easily mid range and faster than the Sabre.

Slight problem with your choice of test tracks, cornering in the Gauntlet is far superior to the Dominator and better than the Ruiner. If a track has genuine corners, not a series of gentle, full throttle rights, the Gauntlet owns all. Try your test on Cutting Coroners, Dockyard or Vespucci Dreams, you get my er... drift....?

I drive a Bucc, couldn't compete in the Sabre and got bored of the Gauntlet. I'm a decent driver, not a great one but I can handle a Muscle car pretty competently, the only other car in that class that I can't compete with is the Gauntlet. Every other car depends on the driver. Dominator is a beast if you can handle it but not many can. Put those that can in a Gauntlet, they'll be faster on any remotely challenging track.

Good Job thats cool and all but...

Beat me to it! Had to leave my post hanging while I dealt with a rogue smoke alarm, lol.

• Malibu454 and mo-seph like this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Cool OP! Thanks for taking time to do this and sharing! Great job.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:29 PM Edited by jcph3, 27 January 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Out of curiosity what lap times did you get on CR and what kind of mods on the cars.

And were they fully lowered. Someone a while back did tests and the lowering actually affect the center of gravity and handling.

Cars were fully mod. No Turbo starts cause I couldnt guarantee i'd hit it every time, so with a turbo start you can do better. I also was conservative in the corners especially if i already crashed in one race. 

Dominator 29.576

Gauntlet 29.939

Ruiner 30.071

Phoenix Superbird 30.379

Sabre Turbo 30.594

Phoenix Trans 30.909 

Picador     34.277

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Would be interested in the same test on another course that isnt a big circle.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by jcph3, 28 January 2014 - 12:05 AM.

Problem with more turns is you end up testing the driver and not the car.  I could repeat on Jumps, Jumps Jumps. but the Picador would probably win. :lol:

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Cool :cool:  those are good times the upgrades make a difference.

I think to be more accurate you need would do maybe at least 5-10 laps and take best lap time or top 2 average. 

But as mentioned testing on a real race course where braking and handling comes into play.

They all have muscle wheels right?

Someone mentioned a while back that the different class of wheel/tires make a difference. I know off-road wheel/tires have better climbing abilities. There is a video of someone testing it on YouTube. If its on there, its gotta be true.. :D

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

I got a better time with a stock Gauntlet than the Dominator on CR

The average times between the top 3 are very close. In each race anything can happen , that's why I did each race 4 times and threw out the slowest.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Problem with more turns is you end up testing the driver and not the car.  I could repeat on Jumps, Jumps Jumps. but the Picador would probably win.

If its the same driver you would be testing the car..wouldn't you?

Driving in a circle is not the best test of a better car.

Is the Picador lighter or something? I did much better on Jumps x 3 with my Infernus. Its definitely lighter than the other Supers

I had the actual computer values of all the cars mass, drag, acceleration and all. Someone had posted a link on here. I cant find the page w/ the Muscles though.

Ill have to search for it

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by jcph3, 28 January 2014 - 12:24 AM.

They all have muscle wheels right?

No, good point! The Dominator and Sabere have high end wheels. I dont why I did that, just liked the look of them. You can see the wheels in the pictures. Not sure if it makes a difference in speed but I know my Phoenix is doesnt drift with high end wheels.

I sold my Adder and used the money to fully mod a Ruiner and a Dominator for the test - came out about even and I can actually drive them around!

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

If its the same driver you would be testing the car..wouldn't you?

Is the Picador lighter or something? I did much better on Jumps x 3 with my Infernus. Its definitely lighter than the other Supers

Your right but would I be that consistent?   The Picador looks cool, especially in matte finish but it's a dog. I was being a smart A**  cause whoever wins that race is totally random.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by Malibu454, 28 January 2014 - 12:33 AM.

Jumps x 3 is about flying straight and landing flat. My Infernus kicks ass in that race. But when you get rammed its all lost.. :lol:

Why wouldn't you be consistent? Give it a try.

I'll give it a try later if I can. You need to have someone to watch the lap timer It does't show all the lap times at the end like other games.

I don/t think I ever drove a Picador. Cool looking for sure if your into Elcamino's  I always had trucks and cars. Never wanted to mix them together. :blink:

Here's the computer specs, values, or whatever you want to call them..

https://docs.google....drive_web#gid=0

Go all the way to right and look at Gauntlet Ai handling its the only muscle that says sports.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

The Picador is AWD.. Who knew??

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

The Commute is an excellent track to determine which vehicles are the fastest.  The topic-creator topic was "Fastest Muscle Car", not "best at cutting/turning corners".  As far as THE fastest muscle car goes, the Bravado Gauntlet is hands down THE fastest muscle vehicle, while the Vapid Dominator is a very close 2nd.  

Since we got off track with the topic, not only is the Bravado Gauntlet the fastest muscle vehicle, it's ALSO the overall best muscle vehicle.  Me personally, I have the Vapid Dominator because I like the look of the vehicle, the sound of the engine, and can hang with the Bravado Gauntlet.

Last thing, I have a speed time with the Vapid Dominator(fully customed) on the track "The Commute" with a time of 1:54.784.  That's faster than a fully customed Pegassi Monroe, the 2nd. fastest Sports Classics vehicle in the game.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by jcph3, 28 January 2014 - 06:17 AM.

The Commute is an excellent track to determine which vehicles are the fastest.  The topic-creator topic was "Fastest Muscle Car", not "best at cutting/turning corners".  As far as THE fastest muscle car goes, the Bravado Gauntlet is hands down THE fastest muscle vehicle, while the Vapid Dominator is a very close 2nd.  

Since we got off track with the topic, not only is the Bravado Gauntlet the fastest muscle vehicle, it's ALSO the overall best muscle vehicle.  Me personally, I have the Vapid Dominator because I like the look of the vehicle, the sound of the engine, and can hang with the Bravado Gauntlet.

Last thing, I have a speed time with the Vapid Dominator(fully customed) on the track "The Commute" with a time of 1:54.784.  That's faster than a fully customed Pegassi Monroe, the 2nd. fastest Sports Classics vehicle in the game.

The Dominator's commute avg time was 1:56.654, With a Turbo start and a more agressive line through the 1 tight turn I can see shaving 2 seconds off.

The Ruiner (1:57.469) and the Gauntlet (1:59.792) were the only other cars under the 2 min mark.  

I did not own the Dominator or the Ruiner before the testing and both took some getting use too. The Gauntlet is all around easier to drive. This stat is demonstrated by the spread times of the vehicles ( cummulative difference between the high and low times of the 3 races) The Gauntlet averaged less than a half second difference between fastest and slowest times while the Dominator had 3 times that variation.

Gauntlet      1.472

Picador       1.706

Sabre          2.124

Ruiner         3.048 

Phoenix TA  3.079

Phoenix SB  3.367

Dominator    5.290

No doubt in my mind the Dominator is the fastest Muscle Car. It probably takes a little more time to learn to drive though. 

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

Here's the computer specs, values, or whatever you want to call them..

https://docs.google....drive_web#gid=0

Go all the way to right and look at Gauntlet Ai handling its the only muscle that says sports.

Very cool stuff!  I wonder where the Powertrain data is?   or is it a constant?  Look at the Ruiner and the Dominator's Mass and Drag numbers. Game over there!

I guess we should all break out the Picadors when it snow's :colgate:

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

/thread?

• PhDJ likes this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

Wow! :cool:  I would agree with 100% of everything he says on the video !! 

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

^Yea, he's brilliant. You should check out his other videos too, he's helped me become a superior racer in GTAO.

I'm in the top 100 on almost every demanding track. :evilgrin:

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Cool video
I think I saw his super car video.
I'll have to look at all his videos now.
That's the track to test on for all around performance for sure. I just had a Ruiner couple weeks ago, I sold it for the space. Damn need more garage space!! I'll have to build it with one character have someone hold it to give to the other character..

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

F7775910-8DE8-4CA3-82E6-85505101E8D4_zps
A Titan spawned right in front of me while I was flatout on the SS airstrip.. Lol!

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

F7775910-8DE8-4CA3-82E6-85505101E8D4_zps
A Titan spawned right in front of me while I was flatout on the SS airstrip.. Lol!

LOL  too funny . would pay to see a video of that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users