Quantcast

» «
Photo

Friends session, some things you should know.

29 replies to this topic
Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by Gasmasks, 27 January 2014 - 11:52 PM.

Some people will know this already, that's okay. This is for people who don't know this stuff already.

When you start a friends session, invite only, crew only whatever. Armoured trucks should spawn every 24 hours, even when you're on your own. Also Simeon will request high priority export vehicles too which is great. Usually it goes like this, Armoured truck -> Sell a car to LSC -> High priority vehicle and rinse and repeat. 

I find this method to be useful because you can earn plenty of cash quickly and also you won't have some fail noobs chasing you around for the sh*t you're trying to rob. 
If anybody didn't know this information already, that's great. Now you do.
If you don't believe this works, try it for yourself. Usually I go to Friend's only session to do it, I'd recommend doing it in friend's only too. Because I'm uncertain of the others.

One more tip: If you are on your own in a session and are looking for a car, go in to LSC and come back out, this will refresh the cars on the road. Also if this doesn't work the first time, just try again and it will work. Trust me, I'm not a Lawyer looool.

K that's all.

w8 1 more thing. If you get Simeon's list through on your phone, ALWAYS do that one first. The reason is when he requests a high priority vehicle to be picked up you've already done the one on the list he texts you so now you've done two. If you got the list and you pick up the high priority vehicle first the list in your texts vanishes. So yeah, do the text first.

New one:Also phone called missions will not get you separated with your friend in a invite only. Standard missions, races, survivals will. The person that hosted the invite only will still be invite only. The invited people will be tossed into public lobbies, and will have to be re invited
. - Nice addition from Juanfartez.

There are crate drops in non-public sessions, too. - Rezard.

Yeah I when I have been on my own in friends only I haven't encountered a normal crate drop, or with one friend. However I have encountered a special crate drop once. Containing 5k rp, 5k cash, minigun and body armour, tidy seeing as I had no competition for it! I've never had one since though.

Oh sometimes if you and a friend are in a friends only together, armoured trucks spawn constantly for AGES, making it easy to level up and get cash very quickly. This has happened quite a few times for me. The armoured trucks range in money from 0-20,000 from what I've gathered. Yeah, sometimes they are empty and it's a joke. You still get RP for it though, even though it's empty.

• livejoker, GourangaMaster, GTARACER93 and 11 others like this

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Cheers dude. Didn't know this. I normally just do solo sessions and priority vehicles never come up.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Cheers dude. Didn't know this. I normally just do solo sessions and priority vehicles never come up.

Good man. I've been pulling this sh*t for ages. Thought it was about time to share some of it.

I've got another thing which I picked up from a different user here, can't remember his name.

When you're out of cover and you want to eat sweets/drink e-cola to regain health, don't tap X/the xbox button, instead hold it and your toon will recover the full amount of health the item gives.
Also if you do this with beer your guy/girl will pass out, face down on the floor and wake up somewhere else on the map lmao! Funny stuff.

If you're in cover though you will get the max health just by using it. If you drop the e-cola/sweets on the ground and walk over them, instead of picking them back up your character uses them for health recovery. Yeah.

Ps. If anyone wants to throw their own tips in, that's great.

• livejoker, WWWWVWWVWWWVVWWW, StewNorth and 1 other like this

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Lol didn't know that either. Learnt two new thing's today!
Thanks man.
  • Gasmasks likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

The only ChrilLe you know and need!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Kinda had a feeling for this, glad you could confirm it! :D

• Gasmasks likes this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

yeah these sessions seem so not-corrupted at first glance. Almost as if they are the preferred way to play. 

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

I did that awhile ago.  Had an invite only with a friend and Armored Trucks started showing up left and right.  I think we got about 5 in a row with progressively less payout, but still worth it.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

This is all really handy stuff for new players (and those new to Invite Only) - cheers OP.

Closed Friend/Crew and Invite Only sessions are exactly like Public Sessions except without the randoms. Solo sessions, well, I'm not even sure why R* included that mode - you'll be glad you left them behind. 

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Also phone called missions will not get you separated with your friend in a invite only. Standard missions, races, survivals will. The person that hosted the invite only will still be invite only. The invited people will be tossed into public lobbies, and will have to be reinvited.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Also phone called missions will not get you separated with your friend in a invite only. Standard missions, races, survivals will. The person that hosted the invite only will still be invite only. The invited people will be tossed into public lobbies, and will have to be reinvited.

Okay glad you cleared that up, i would host missions from the menu and wonder why we would get separated everytime. I'm guessing playlists work the same way? As in if you're in a playlist you choose freemode and you still stay together?

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by Rezard, 27 January 2014 - 11:34 PM.

I am honestly surprised that anyone didn't know this.  I guess it should be good news to those just starting out, cause I will jack that HP vehicle off anybody when I get the notification.  Not sure why else that's announced to the entire session.  lol

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Gasmasks, 27 January 2014 - 11:43 PM.

This is all really handy stuff for new players (and those new to Invite Only) - cheers OP.

Closed Friend/Crew and Invite Only sessions are exactly like Public Sessions except without the randoms. Solo sessions, well, I'm not even sure why R* included that mode - you'll be glad you left them behind. 

I think crew only sessions don't give out armoured trucks. I tend to only get them when I play friends only to be honest. I know for sure that you're right about solo sessions, that don't get you nothing. Well you can sell cars to LSC in peace without having some troglodyte waiting to shoot your head off when you come out lol. 

Okay glad you cleared that up, i would host missions from the menu and wonder why we would get separated everytime. I'm guessing playlists work the same way? As in if you're in a playlist you choose freemode and you still stay together?

Erm, this isn't entirely true actually.. Only with some kind of conflicting host glitch does it separate you, because if you start in same friends only, you stay in it.

I am honestly surprised that anyone didn't know this.  I guess it should be good news to those just starting out, cause I will jack that HP vehicle off anybody when I get the notification.  Not sure why else that's announced to the entire session.  lol

Why even post this here? The title even says 'Some people will know this already, that's okay. This is for people who don't know this stuff already.'

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

There are crate drops in non-public sessions, too.  In case you guys didn't know.  :)

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Good tip OP, didn't know about the better spawn timers. Will definitely give it a shot.

• Gasmasks likes this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:46 PM Edited by Gasmasks, 27 January 2014 - 11:47 PM.

There are crate drops in non-public sessions, too.  In case you guys didn't know.  :)

This is a good tip actually. I have encountered a special crate drop on my own in friends only, 5k rp and 5k in cash, minigun and body armour too. Never had a standard one though, even with me and a friend.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Thanks but Im a muilti millionaire again. No time for peasant work lol

Seriously though thanks op good write up

• Gasmasks likes this

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by AgentAle47, 28 January 2014 - 03:12 AM.

Question: What makes armored trucks appear after one get robbed? today i was with a friend after do a job, i ask to her if she would like a fully modified car to sell it because she's broke, and then i invite her, when she come, armored trucks start to appear and they were unlimited, and this is not the first time it happens to me, there has been other days, so, i wonder, what make this to happen

"Oh sometimes if you and a friend are in a friends only together, armoured trucks spawn constantly for AGES, making it easy to level up and get cash very quickly. This has happened quite a few times for me. The armoured trucks range in money from 0-20,000 from what I've gathered. Yeah, sometimes they are empty and it's a joke. You still get RP for it though, even though it's empty."

sorry, didn't read that part

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:50 AM Edited by MantisFang, 28 January 2014 - 03:58 AM.

I can confirm this still works for the most part...

http://gtaforums.com...+truck +respawn

I believe it requires 2-3 players in a friend only lobby

1:wait for armored truck

2:steal armored truck

3:drive armored truck around close to the other/s in the server.

Profit.

Seems to work only a limited number of times per initial spawn.

Also don't have more than one person in the server drive an Armored Car

(or they will likely stop spawning.)

Edit: if you steal the Armored Truck and fail to retrieve the money,

another will not spawn until you do.

Question: What makes armored trucks appear after one get robbed? 

• AgentAle47 likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

Thanks for the info man.

This should help me make money while I go look for the Regina.

• MantisFang and Gasmasks like this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

We normally play in Closed friends sessions.....Armored cars can be in abundance at times.........night before last  I hit about 10-15 in a 30 minute time frame,  when i saw they were spawning one on top of the other, I started hitting one collecting the money, Call Lester to have the wanted level removed (600 bucks) then hit the next one......payouts did vary a lot, for a low of under 3k to a high of over 12k  but i netted over a 100k after all cost were taken into account.......

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Knew some, but not all - thanks :)

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

The reason these sessions work in this way is because a friend's only session is technically a public session, as it is freely open to friends of the host. Because of this feature that is relatively unnoticed, anything that happens on a timely basis in a public game will also occur in a friend's only game.
  • Gasmasks likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

sounds boring

for me the whole fun is in stealing armoured trucks right from under people's noses

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

The reason these sessions work in this way is because a friend's only session is technically a public session, as it is freely open to friends of the host. Because of this feature that is relatively unnoticed, anything that happens on a timely basis in a public game will also occur in a friend's only game.

There's a message when you go into solo sessions isn't there, that says some of the online stuff is disabled?  I've not done a solo session for a long time but I'd imagine it's still there.

• PerceusSOZ likes this

DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

"I think crew only sessions don't give out armoured trucks. I tend to only get them when I play friends only to be honest. I know for sure that you're right about solo sessions, that don't get you nothing. Well you can sell cars to LSC in peace without having some troglodyte waiting to shoot your head off when you come out lol. "

I routinely play in crew only sessions so I don't materialize in free roam after missions/golf/whatever.  Armored trucks do appear in crew only sessions.  A lot of evenings if I'm playing a little golf I get to mix it up a little by snagging an armored truck between rounds.  The game will gen a truck in the crew only session right after every round of golf.  Keeps things interesting.  lol

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

I've played invite only exclusively since the beginning, rarely do I stray into public lobbies. That said, your scenario (Simeon list-Armored Truck-HPV) is not globally applicable, we've had plenty of sessions where only one of us sold the vehicle to Simeon, and armored trucks still spawn, or not at all. We've also noticed that HPV's will stop armored trucks, and if you destroy it trucks will begin respawning. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it, purely random.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by Gasmasks, 29 January 2014 - 05:11 PM.

"I think crew only sessions don't give out armoured trucks. I tend to only get them when I play friends only to be honest. I know for sure that you're right about solo sessions, that don't get you nothing. Well you can sell cars to LSC in peace without having some troglodyte waiting to shoot your head off when you come out lol. "

I routinely play in crew only sessions so I don't materialize in free roam after missions/golf/whatever.  Armored trucks do appear in crew only sessions.  A lot of evenings if I'm playing a little golf I get to mix it up a little by snagging an armored truck between rounds.  The game will gen a truck in the crew only session right after every round of golf.  Keeps things interesting.  lol

Okay well, that seems to work for you and that's a fair comment too. But the thing is I can only write down things I know for sure otherwise it makes me look like a liar and I don't want to be that guy.
I've never had an armoured truck when I'm by myself in a crew only session. In friends only they happen though. 
I'm not saying you're wrong though. You know what you do on the game and I don't. I'm just stating my point of view on the matter that's all.

I've played invite only exclusively since the beginning, rarely do I stray into public lobbies. That said, your scenario (Simeon list-Armored Truck-HPV) is not globally applicable, we've had plenty of sessions where only one of us sold the vehicle to Simeon, and armored trucks still spawn, or not at all. We've also noticed that HPV's will stop armored trucks, and if you destroy it trucks will begin respawning. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it, purely random.

The thing is my scenario isn't globally applicable, you're right. This is why I have put 'Friends session' because these things occur in friends only sessions when I'm alone. The fact is only one random event can occur at one time. For example like you said, when HPV is active the armoured trucks won't be a visa verse. But you may experience something different to what I do and that's fine. Like I said to the other guy. I'm not saying you're wrong, you know what you experience. At the same time you must appreciate that you can't tell me that I'm wrong, because I know what I experience.
What I have written down here is for playing in a friends session BY YOURSELF for the random events. Maybe 1-2 friends if you want to do the constant armoured trucks spawning.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

I gotcha, no worries dude. I'm just noting that there's really no set in stone way to predict these events, they change randomly. What was happening to us in IO sessions is nothing like what happens now, would be nice if there was a way to figure it out though, armored truck respawn sessions are killer money makers.

TezST
  • TezST

LemonNloaf

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Gonna try this out thanks :) I'm wanting to get the platinum awards for everything and the cars and armoured trucks never spawn for me :(

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Cool info but the fun of doing those things IS having some fail noob trying to mess it up for you. That's the whole game...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users