Photo

Police AI EXPLAINED

25 replies to this topic
Vigilant_Veggie
  • Vigilant_Veggie

Offroad Obsessed

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Ever been side swiped by a cop and then RECIEVE a wanted level for being the victim?

Ever HELP the police in a shootout and then become wanted for being a good samaritan?

I've got an explanation:

R* has created an elaborate metaphor with their police AI.

The police going after players when the players are clearly victims or trying to help is an analogy for the corruption of the police system in real life. A metaphor devised to express R*'s deepest contempt for the un-lawful and illegitimate activities enacted by today's law enforcement.

Ever since GTA V's release, R* has been sending that subliminal message through the game's police system.

And people say that it's poor game design...
  • Big Danny K likes this

errai14
  • errai14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I don't think that is it. I just think it's over simplified coding on police behavior. It is difficult to code in to the software the difference between police hitting you or you hitting the police, therefore any contact will simply get you a star. Also, the other simplified code is whenever you shoot a shot you get a wanted level, they did not code in difference reasons of when you shoot or hit somebody to give a different reaction. Also, police are also so simple that they always shoot you no matter how minor your offense is at one star such as punching someone or running into a police. 

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

i love how people always try to defend r by saying "THEY ARE JUST COPYING REAL LIFE"

no their f*cking not. 

• im_stoned, mariana_dm1989 and Woll Smoth like this

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

No, it's just poor police AI.

• visionist, GTAfear and Woll Smoth like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

No, its because people are retarded enough to the point where they dont know that helping cops aint something legal in San Andreas. They even say it themselves. 

And you getting a wanted level for a cop crashing into you is something that happened every game.

How ever people don't know either that cops rely on sound and that they communicate between each other. They'll spawn depending on where you were last seen, and if you shoot somewhere cops will swipe that area, you can go on stealth mode and shoot inside of a specific location, then go hide and you'll see that cops will go there and will only swipe there. After that you are to escape easily.

It ins't that the AI is bad, is that people is sorta... retarded as to speak.

• Militia likes this

backfromthestorm
  • backfromthestorm

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

I don't think that is it. I just think it's over simplified coding on police behavior. It is difficult to code in to the software the difference between police hitting you or you hitting the police, therefore any contact will simply get you a star. Also, the other simplified code is whenever you shoot a shot you get a wanted level, they did not code in difference reasons of when you shoot or hit somebody to give a different reaction. Also, police are also so simple that they always shoot you no matter how minor your offense is at one star such as punching someone or running into a police. 

Impossible to code in.. that would take real AI I should think. After all, most humans can't decide whos at fault in the simplest of road collisions.

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

No, its because people are retarded enough to the point where they dont know that helping cops aint something legal in San Andreas. They even say it themselves. 

And you getting a wanted level for a cop crashing into you is something that happened every game.

How ever people don't know either that cops rely on sound and that they communicate between each other. They'll spawn depending on where you were last seen, and if you shoot somewhere cops will swipe that area, you can go on stealth mode and shoot inside of a specific location, then go hide and you'll see that cops will go there and will only swipe there. After that you are to escape easily.

It ins't that the AI is bad, is that people is sorta... retarded as to speak.

Explain, if this is the case, how you can be miles and miles away, outside their vision for ages, and they still home in on you no matter how well hidden you are. They constantly spawn near you, sometimes right in front of you, even in the most illogical places, such as hiking trails on mountains.

• im_stoned likes this

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

There is a random event where you have to help some cops take down some theives. You are right next to the cops, firing any weapon and not getting a wanted level. So, my thoughts are, the coding is there, but only for that random event.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

@That guy with the tiger avatar

They're not able to home you in if you don't make a noise, that is what is all about. Also their spawning code is set to the point where they spawn in recognized roads, thus making it able for them to be able to spawn in there. Also the only vehicles that ever spawned infront of me are helicopters.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by killahmatic, 27 January 2014 - 05:52 PM.

I've got an explanation:

R* has created an elaborate metaphor with their police AI.

Nope, that's crap. Its programmed that if you touch a police car or use a weapon, you will be wanted. 

I want it to be like the old days where you can help and kill the guy. 

@That guy with the tiger avatar

Also the only vehicles that ever spawned infront of me are helicopters.

No, he's actually right. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had police cars spawn directly in front of me, where I was actually in their line of sight the moment they spawned.

• im_stoned and Militia like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

By any chance aren't you reffering to the cop cars that spawn in the freeways?

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Explain IV police AI please.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

sucka fo love

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Powerslide=All powerful

The 4th shot is always a killshot

Engage breaks after you pass the target

Commandeer everything to get the perp

Balls for earrings are the best fashion accessory  

• Officer Ronson and SomeBoredDude like this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Powerslide=All powerful

The 4th shot is always a killshot

Engage breaks after you pass the target

Commandeer everything to get the perp

Balls for earrings are the best fashion accessory  
c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg
  • gunziness, Officer Ronson, Militia and 1 other like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

The most bullsh*t thing about the AI, and this just happened to me last night, is that they can apparently track you to an alleyway ten blocks from where you comitted the crime even when you escape in an unknown (grey) car. There is no deliberating or looking in the wrong alleyways, they home in on YOUR alley. They do arrive at the scene of the crime first which bought me enough time to lose them, but after they looked at the crime scene they immediately started homing in on me.

• im_stoned likes this

Vigilant_Veggie
  • Vigilant_Veggie

Offroad Obsessed

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

I think it flew by peoples' heads that the topic was a joke.

But yes, the Cop AI in this game is horrid.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Impossible to code in.. that would take real AI I should think. After all, most humans can't decide whos at fault in the simplest of road collisions.

Sure they can. It's just that the person at fault will almost always refuse to admit it, despite KNOWING they screwed up. Humans, we're all too consumed by our own egos (not that I'm some animal loving hippie douche, animals are even bigger dicks than we are).

There's nothing happening here but Rockstar trying to satiate fans who whined cops were too stupid and easy to lose. Now the opposite whining is happening. It seems video game players are getting too used to having their complaints immediately addressed in the next sequel, whatever series it may be.

HKM87
  • HKM87

Japanese cars are boring

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

From my experience: when hiding from the police (flashing stars), Turn off the car radio and lights, this way they can't know where you're hiding.

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by Alanbeales1, 28 January 2014 - 03:32 PM.

i think we shouldn't get a wanted level if ur helping da LCPD in a gun fight,cuz ikr dat wouldn't happen in America (not dat ik of)

also if u call da cops on story mode,or hang around near cops if they show up outta no where,u get a wanted level WTF

Ps da paramedic's do jack sh*t if anyone is K.O or dead

From my experience: when hiding from the police (flashing stars), Turn off the car radio and lights, this way they can't know where you're hiding.

works every time.

Also,why ain't any cops on patrol around sandy shore's or Los Santos? (car chase's don't count) on all da other GTA game's u would run into da LCPD on nearly every highway

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

The fact that almost nobody understood that this thread was a joke is somewhat pathetic and indicative of the real problem here; a lack of intelligence in dealing with and adapting to the police AI. I haven't had significant issues and people I play with don't either. Wait until you get online if you think the police are too hard haha

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

The fact that almost nobody understood that this thread was a joke is somewhat pathetic and indicative of the real problem here; a lack of intelligence in dealing with and adapting to the police AI. I haven't had significant issues and people I play with don't either. Wait until you get online if you think the police are too hard haha

What difference does it make if the thread was a joke? It's a joke made as a reflection of the ACTUAL complaints people make about the cops in GTAV, and thus opens the door for legitimate discussion. Personally I don't really think the cops are more aggressive than they were in previous GTA's, just a bit too accurate, but that doesn't mean people aren't interested in talking about it (although I do agree, some people just want to outright bitch about it).

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

eh naaaa,there easy 2 lose online,just get an aircraft lolz

kansas_dude
  • kansas_dude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

There's a bar in Blaine County where there is a shootout and if you help the cops they look the other way unless you either stick around or steal the briefcases (evidence).......but else where you can't help the cops (even punching the guy the cops are after) but I think in GTA III you could help the cops by knocking the guy down and your paid for helping the cops

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

@kansas_dude I already mentioned that.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

the Cop AI in this game is horrid.

Fun at times though, especially when you're in a the truck of a goods train, taking pot shots at the law with an RPG, shooting down helicopters and slaughtering civilians with grenades...yet the cops cannot grasp the concept that you are in a train!!

You go in a tunnel and they're screwed...they have no idea where you went!!

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

I don't think that there's an explanation why the police AI in this game is flawed...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users